Nissan’s tougher-looking new Navara ute will arrive in showrooms during February with drive-away pricing for ABN holders on the most popular variants.
The 2021 Nissan Navara will feature forward collision warning, autonomous emergency braking, lane departure warning, trailer-sway control, rear cross-traffic alert, and blind-spot monitoring when it arrives in Australia early next year.
Even base models get AEB and forward collision warning, along with driver-attention monitoring. The full suite is reserved for higher-spec models.
Along with the safety boost, the updated Navara gets convenience features such as rain-sensing wipers and power-folding exterior mirrors.
Power in the updated Navara comes from the same 2.3-litre turbo and twin-turbo four-cylinder diesel engines as the current range.
Under the skin, the 2021 Navara features a strengthened rear axle, minor rear suspension tweaks, and a new steering rack compared to its predecessor.
The tub on pickup-bodied models has been made taller, and there’s a new counterweighted tailgate that can be lifted with a single finger. Payload in all updated dual-cab pickup models is now one tonne.
Inside, the new Navara benefits from a redesigned steering wheel (big win) and a 7.0-inch trip computer display between the instruments.
There’s a new off-road surround-view monitor, and extra USB-C ports scattered throughout the cabin for faster charging.
Nissan has added more sound deadening to the cabin and acoustic glass for a quieter ride at speed, and rear passengers benefit from a new fold-down central armrest with cupholders.
The Navara range will be offered in cab chassis, king cab, and dual-cab bodies.
- 2021 Nissan Navara SL cab chassis 4×2 MT: $32,300 ($33,890 d/a)
- 2021 Nissan Navara SL cab chassis 4×2 AT: $34,800 ($36,390 d/a)
- 2021 Nissan Navara SL cab chassis 4×4 MT: $39,300
- 2021 Nissan Navara SL cab chassis 4×4 AT: $41,800
- 2021 Nissan Navara SL cab chassis 4×2 AT: $38,800
- 2021 Nissan Navara SL cab chassis 4×4 AT: $45,800
- 2021 Nissan Navara SL pickup 4×4 AT: $47,600
- 2021 Nissan Navara ST-X pickup 4×4 AT: $58,270
- 2021 Nissan Navara SL pickup 4×2 MT: $39,600
- 2021 Nissan Navara SL pickup 4×2 AT: $42,100
- 2021 Nissan Navara SL cab chassis 4×4 MT: $44,800
- 2021 Nissan Navara SL pickup 4×4 MT: $46,600 ($47,990 d/a)
- 2021 Nissan Navara SL cab chassis 4×4 AT: $47,300
- 2021 Nissan Navara ST pickup 4×2 AT: $47,780
- 2021 Nissan Navara SL pickup 4×4 AT: $49,100 ($49,490 d/a)
- 2021 Nissan Navara ST-X pickup 4×2 AT: $51,270
- 2021 Nissan Navara ST pickup 4×4 MT: $52,580 ($50,990 d/a)
- 2021 Nissan Navara ST pickup 4×4 AT: $54,780 ($52,490 d/a)
- 2021 Nissan Navara ST-X pickup 4×4 MT: $55,770 ($57,290 d/a)
- 2021 Nissan Navara Pro-4X pickup 4×4 MT: $58,130 ($61,290 d/a)
- 2021 Nissan Navara ST-X pickup 4×4 AT: $58,270 ($58,790 d/a)
- 2021 Nissan Navara Pro-4X pickup 4×4 AT: $60,630 ($62,790 d/a)
All prices exclude on-road costs unless otherwise specified for private buyers. ABN pricing is available here.
For drive away prices on specific configurations, you can use the official Nissan Navara configurator. It’s also worth keeping an eye out for any special offers Nissan is running on their offers page.
The 2021 Nissan Navara range is powered by a pair of 2.3-litre turbo-diesel four-cylinder engines.
The base single-turbo in the SL manual produces 120kW of power and 403Nm of torque, while the twin-turbo version in all other variants produces 140kW of power and 450Nm of torque.
The manual transmission is a six-speed unit, while the automatic is a seven-speed torque converter transmission.
If you’re looking for more details on the engine specifications, you can find more information within the official Nissan Navara brochure.
The 2021 Nissan Navara uses between 7.2L/100km and 8.1L/100km on the ADR combined drive cycle test.
The most efficient figure is for the entry-level Navara SL dual-cab pickup with a manual transmission, the least efficient is for the Navara Pro-4X with an automatic transmission.
The 2021 Nissan Navara is available in single-cab, dual-cab, and king-cab bodies.
The single cab pickup measures 5120mm long, 1850mm wide and up to 1770mm tall.
The king cab pickup is 5260mm long, 1850mm wide and up to 1815mm tall.
The dual cab pickup measures 5311mm long, up to 1875mm wide, and up to 1855mm tall.
Payload of all dual-cab models is at least 1000kg. The single-cab Navara SL cab chassis has the range’s highest payload (1282kg), while the ST-X king cab 4×4 has the lowest (876kg).
All 2021 Navara models have a 3500kg braked towing capacity and a 750kg unbraked towing capacity.
You can find official specifications on each of the Navara variants within the official brochure.
The Navara has a five-star rating based on ANCAP testing conducted in 2015.
That rating was based on a frontal offset score of 14.01 out of 16, a side impact score of 16 out of 16, and pedestrian and whiplash protection scores of Marginal and Good, respectively. All models come standard with seven airbags.
For 2021, the whole Navara range will feature the following active safety features:
- Forward collision warning
- Autonomous emergency braking
- Driver attention monitoring
- Reversing camera
Moving to the ST adds the following active safety features:
- Surround-view camera
- Rear parking sensors
- Lane departure warning
- Lane-keeping assist
- Blind-spot monitoring and assist
- Rear cross-traffic alert
You can view Nissan’s official videos and pictures of their safety features and technology on the official Nissan Navara page.
The 2021 Nissan Navara has a five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty like the wider Nissan range.
Maintenance is required every 12 months or 20,000km, whichever comes first.
The base Nissan Navara SL cab chassis has the following features:
- Trailer sway control
- Full-size spare steel wheel
- 8.0-inch touchscreen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- 17-inch steel wheels
- 7.0-inch digital trip computer with digital speedometer
- Cruise control
- Automatic headlights
- Hill descent control (4×4)
- Rear differential lock (4×4)
Moving to the SL dual-cab or king cab adds rear air conditioning vents for second-row passengers, not necessary in the single-cab SL.
The Navara ST adds the following features:
- Satellite navigation
- DAB+ digital radio
- LED headlights, daytime running lights, fog lights, turn signals, and tail lights
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Privacy glass
- Powered sliding rear window
- Single-hoop sports bar in polished stainless steel
- Leather-accented steering wheel and gear shifter
- Auto-dimming internal rear-view mirror
- Auto power-folding, heated door mirrors
- Rain-sensing wipers
Moving to the ST-X brings:
- Sliding in-tray tie-down hooks
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Polished twin-tube sports bar
- Tyre pressure monitoring
- Keyless entry and start
- Dual-zone climate control
Two options packs are available on the ST-X. The first adds the following:
- Leather accented seat trim
- Heated front seats
- Eight-way driver seat with power slide/recline/height adjustment
- Power lumbar support
The second options pack adds the features above and a sunroof.
The range-topping Navara Pro-4X features:
- All-terrain tyres
- Black stainless steel sports bar with sail panel
- Black fender flares, roof rails
- Black alloy wheels
- Black painted door mirrors, side steps, grille and door handles
- Leather-accented Pro-4X seats