Nissan’s tougher-looking new Navara ute will arrive in showrooms during February with drive-away pricing for ABN holders on the most popular variants.
The 2021 Nissan Navara will feature forward collision warning, autonomous emergency braking, lane departure warning, trailer-sway control, rear cross-traffic alert, and blind-spot monitoring when it arrives in Australia early next year.
Even base models get AEB and forward collision warning, along with driver-attention monitoring. The full suite is reserved for higher-spec models.
Along with the safety boost, the updated Navara gets convenience features such as rain-sensing wipers and power-folding exterior mirrors.
Power in the updated Navara comes from the same 2.3-litre turbo and twin-turbo four-cylinder diesel engines as the current range.
Under the skin, the 2021 Navara features a strengthened rear axle, minor rear suspension tweaks, and a new steering rack compared to its predecessor.
The tub on pickup-bodied models has been made taller, and there’s a new counterweighted tailgate that can be lifted with a single finger. Payload in all updated dual-cab pickup models is now one tonne.
Inside, the new Navara benefits from a redesigned steering wheel (big win) and a 7.0-inch trip computer display between the instruments.
There’s a new off-road surround-view monitor, and extra USB-C ports scattered throughout the cabin for faster charging.
Nissan has added more sound deadening to the cabin and acoustic glass for a quieter ride at speed, and rear passengers benefit from a new fold-down central armrest with cupholders.
The Navara range will be offered in cab chassis, king cab, and dual-cab bodies.
- 2021 Nissan Navara SL cab chassis 4×2 manual: $32,990
- 2021 Nissan Navara ST dual-cab pickup 4×4 manual: $49,490
- 2021 Nissan Navara ST-X dual-cab pickup 4×4 manual: $55,790
- 2021 Nissan Navara ST-X dual-cab pickup 4×4 automatic: $57,290
- 2021 Nissan Navara Pro-4X dual-cab pickup 4×4 manual: $59,790
- 2021 Nissan Navara Pro-4X dual-cab pickup 4×4 automatic: $61,290
All prices are drive-away for Australian Business Number (ABN) holders.
Pricing for the remainder of the range will be revealed in 2021.
The 2021 Nissan Navara range is powered by a pair of 2.3-litre turbo-diesel four-cylinder engines.
The base single-turbo in the SL manual produces 120kW of power and 403Nm of torque, while the twin-turbo version in all other variants produces 140kW of power and 450Nm of torque.
The manual transmission is a six-speed unit, while the automatic is a seven-speed torque converter transmission.
Nissan hasn’t confirmed final fuel economy for the full 2021 Navara range, however the Pro-4X will use 7.5L/100km with a manual transmission and 8.1L/100km with the automatic.
Nissan is yet to confirm dimensions for the 2021 Navara, however the 2020 details are below for reference.
The 2020 Nissan Navara measures 5120mm in cab-chassis variants and 5255mm long in all other models.
Width is 1790mm on DX and RX models and 1850mm on all others except the N-Trek Warrior, which is 1920mm wide. Height ranges from 1750mm for the DX Single Cab Chassis 4×4 to 1895mm.
The Navara has a five-star rating based on ANCAP testing conducted in 2015.
That rating was based on a frontal offset score of 14.01 out of 16, a side impact score of 16 out of 16, and pedestrian and whiplash protection scores of Marginal and Good, respectively. All models come standard with seven airbags.
For 2021, the whole Navara range will feature the following active safety features:
- Forward collision warning
- Autonomous emergency braking
- Driver attention monitoring
- Reversing camera
Moving to the ST adds the following active safety features:
- Surround-view camera
- Rear parking sensors
- Lane departure warning
- Lane-keeping assist
- Blind-spot monitoring and assist
- Rear cross-traffic alert
Servicing and Warranty
The 2021 Nissan Navara has a five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty like the wider Nissan range.
Maintenance is required every 12 months or 20,000km, whichever comes first.
Nissan offers six years of capped-price servicing on the 2020 Navara, however it hasn’t been confirmed if prices will change for 2021.
The base Nissan Navara SL cab chassis has the following features:
- Trailer sway control
- Full-size spare wheel steel
- 8.0-inch touchscreen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- 17-inch steel wheels
- 7.0-inch digital trip computer with digital speedometer
- Cruise control
- Automatic headlights
- Hill descent control (4×4)
- Rear differential lock (4×4)
Moving to the SL dual-cab or king cab adds rear air conditioning vents for second-row passengers, not necessary in the single-cab SL.
The Navara ST adds the following features:
- Satellite navigation
- DAB+ digital radio
- LED headlights, daytime running lights, fog lights, turn signals, and tail lights
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Privacy glass
- Powered sliding rear window
- Single-hoop sports bar in polished stainless steel
- Leather-accented steering wheel and gear shifter
- Auto-dimming internal rear-view mirror
- Auto power-folding, heated door mirrors
- Rain-sensing wipers
Moving to the ST-X brings:
- Sliding in-tray tie-down hooks
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Polished twin-tube sports bar
- Tyre pressure monitoring
- Keyless entry and start
- Dual-zone climate control
Two options packs are available on the ST-X. The first adds the following:
- Leather accented seat trim
- Heated front seats
- Eight-way driver seat with power slide/recline/height adjustment
- Power lumbar support
The second options pack adds the features above and a sunroof.
The range-topping Navara Pro-4X features:
- All-terrain tyres
- Black stainless steel sports bar with sail panel
- Black fender flares, roof rails
- Black alloy wheels
- Black painted door mirrors, side steps, grille and door handles
- Leather-accented Pro-4X seats