The Raging Bull has put on its party hat.

It’s been eight years since Lamborghini started production of its V10-powered Huracán sports car and it’s now celebrating the 20,000th example rolling off the production line.

The 20,000th Huracán model is a high-performance STO model that’s finished in Grigio Acheso Matt, which is a matte grey colour, and is headed to its owner who lives in (surprise, surprise) Monaco.

The Huracán STO – or Super Trofeo Omologata – is known as the pinnacle of the road-going range and is powered by a 5.2-litre naturally-aspirated V10 producing 470kW of power and 565Nm of torque.

Lamborghini claims the Huracán STO can do the 0-100km/h sprint in three seconds and has a top speed of 310km/h.

It’s worth noting that drive is also sent to the rear wheels only.

During its time of sale thus far, Lamborghini has offered 12 road-going and three different racing versions of the Huracán.

Since 2014, 71 per cent of customers have chosen coupe variants of the Huracán with the other 29 per cent choosing open-air derivatives.

More than 60 per cent of Huracáns delivered have also been customised using Lamborghini’s Ad Personam program which expands interior trim and exterior paint choices.

The U.S. has so far been the top market for Huracán sales, where more than 32 per cent of all Huracáns have been delivered in the last eight years.

2021 was also a sales record for the Huracán with a total of 2586 units sold globally.

For context, Lamborghini sold a total of 194 coupe and convertible models during 2021 in Australia. This figure isn’t just Huracán sales but also includes the V12-powered Aventador.

The latest Huracán variant to be revealed was the Tecnica, which bridges the gap between the Evo RWD and the STO.

Designed to serve dual duty as a road and track car, the Tecnica is fitted with unique front and rear bumpers that make it 61mm longer than the Evo.

It’s powered by the same 5.2-litre naturally-aspirated V10 as the STO which produces 470kW and 565Nm, with drive being sent to the rear wheels only.

According to Lamborghini, the Tecnica is capable of completing the 0-100km/h sprint in 3.2 seconds, and has a top speed of 325hm/h.

This is 0.2 seconds slower to 100km/h than the STO, but it has a higher top speed.

Looking to the future, Lamborghini has previously said its planning to reveal its first all-electric vehicle in the second half of the decade.

There have been rumours previously circulating that the first all-electric Lamborghini could be a 2+2 grand tourer model, similar to the Estoque concept from 2008.

This roadmap to electrification began with the low-volume Sián which mated a 6.5-litre V12 and an electric motor built into the transmission for a total of 602kW.

While most other road-going hybrid systems feature a nickel-metal hydride or lithium-ion battery pack, the Sián used a smaller, more energy dense, supercapacitor set-up.

Lamborghini claimed the Sián is capable of completing the 0-100km/h dash in 2.8 seconds, or 2.9 seconds in the Roadster variant.

Click an image to view the full gallery.

MORE: Everything Lamborghini Huracan

Jack Quick

Jack Quick is an automotive journalist based in Melbourne. Jack studied journalism and photography at Deakin University in Burwood, and previously represented the university in dance nationally. In his spare time, he loves to pump Charli XCX and play a bit of Grand Theft Auto. He’s also the proud owner of a blue, manual 2020 Suzuki Jimny.

Buy and Lease
Uncover exclusive deals and discounts with a VIP referral to Australia's best dealers
Uncover exclusive deals and discounts with a VIP referral to Australia's best dealers
Also on CarExpert