Crack open the champers, CarExpert is celebrating its third birthday!
We wanted to take this opportunity to thank everybody for their support over the past three years as we navigated COVID restrictions and every challenge you could possibly think of to get to where we are today – one of Australia’s biggest car sites, with Australia’s biggest automotive new car review channel on YouTube.
In addition to celebrating our third birthday, we’re celebrating being the first Australian automotive new car review channel to hit 300,000 subscribers on YouTube.
We’re also an employer of just shy of 50 full-time staff across offices in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane. We wanted to celebrate by videoing a green ute smashing through some boxes.
Some fun CarExpert content facts:
- Last month 2.2 million unique visitors came to CarExpert.com.au. More than half found us on Google (Google Analytics, March 2023).
- You can now find CarExpert content across Seven West Media’s sites (including 7News, The West, Perth Now, and regionals) that reach over 5 million unique visitors per month, along with over 100 regional publications in the Australian Community Media group (including the Canberra Times, Newcastle Herald and more) that reach over 4.9 million Aussies per month.
- Last month people consumed 500,000 hours of our content on YouTube across 3.7 million views. The view count eclipses all our main competitors’ view counts (SocialBlade, March 2023).
- We’ve published over 10,000 pieces of content since we launched three years ago. That’s more than nine pieces of content every day.
Tech facts for the geeks out there:
- Our team of developers has added over 1.5 million lines of code since we launched.
- Since launching, our servers have transferred over 310 Terabytes of data – equivalent to watching around 200,000 episodes of Friends back-to-back.
- The team has logged just over 4500 production deployments.
- We’re a Mac company, with over 95 per cent of our staff using MacBooks.
Some fun CarExpert business facts:
- In addition to Alborz, Tony and I personally investing in the business, we have a number of high-profile investors who are great supporters of what the business is doing, beyond delivering exceptional content to our loyal readers.
- We have a number of billionaires on the share registry, including one with one of Australia’s biggest car collections.
- Our vision is to become the most trusted experts in car ownership, enabling confident decisions.
- We want to be the go-to destination for you to research, buy, and sell a car, having confidence in the final decision you’ve made.
- Last year we acquired a business called Price My Car which we are integrating into CarExpert, further solidifying the purchase journey.
- We fund the business in part through media sales and call around 70 per cent of manufacturers clients, with a 93 per cent repeat business rate. We have also tripled the size of our sales team in the past year.
- We have delivered over 250,000 new car leads to dealers.
These great business achievements allow us to keep investing in content for our readers and viewers.
Some of the awards we’ve picked up along the way:
- Brand of the Year: Mumbrella Awards, 2022
- Website of the Year: Mumbrella Awards, 2022
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2022 (Alborz Fallah and Paul Maric): Australian Business News Awards, 2022
- Website of the Year: Mumbrella Awards, 2021
Needless to say, our work isn’t done yet. We have so much exciting news to share with you all over the next six to 12 months and genuinely appreciate everyone who visits the site and consumes our content. Without you, none of this would be possible.
If there’s anything you’d like to see us doing more of (or less of) let us know. We are all ears.