Hyundai Australia is upping prices on close to half of its range from August 1, 2022.
The brand’s N Line and N vehicles are hardest hit by the increases, although the small Venue SUV and seven-seat Santa Fe are also included.
Hyundai says it “has been experiencing an unprecedented rise in raw material costs globally, combined with significant inflationary pressure across the total supply chain, which we can no longer absorb in full”.
“N and N Line variants across our range have been impacted by increasing cost of supply, the specialised nature of this product, and exchange rate pressures within the global market,” the brand said in a statement.
“Our European sourced models have been impacted further by instability within the region.”
The price rises are laid out below.
The i20 N has been hit with a $2000 price rise, and orders are now closed.
Hyundai says demand for the little hot hatch drastically outstrips supply, and waits range from 12 to 24 months. It’s not yet clear when orders will re-open, with the brand claiming it will start taking them “as soon as our production allocation catches up with the order bank”.
The i30 Hatch and Sedan N Line have been hit with $500 increases, while the sticker on the i30 N Hatch and Sedan N will increase by $1200. The Kona N will also be hit with a $1200 increase.
Prices will jump by $500 on the Sonata N Line, Venue range, Tucson N Line range, Kona N Line range, and Santa Fe.
Hyundai is far from alone in raising prices; global supply shortages and rising material costs mean essentially every brand has hiked prices through 2022.
- Hyundai Venue (+$500)
- Venue manual: $21,740
- Venue Active manual: $23,670
- Venue auto: $23,760
- Venue Active auto: $25,690
- Venue Elite auto: $27,540
- Hyundai i20 N (+$2000): $34,990
- Hyundai i30 (+$500-1200)
- N Line Hatch manual: $30,220
- Sedan N Line manual: $31,690
- N Line Hatch auto: $32,220
- Sedan N Line auto: $33,690
- N Line Premium Hatch manual: $35,020
- N Line Premium Hatch auto: $37,020
- Sedan N Line Premium auto: $38,690
- N hatch manual: $46,200
- N hatch auto: $49,200
- N hatch Premium manual: $49,200
- N hatch Premium auto: $53,700
- N Premium sedan manual: $49,500
- N Premium sedan auto: $49,500
- Hyundai Kona ($500-1200)
- N Line: $37,100
- N Line Premium: $43,300
- N: $49,200
- N Premium: $52,200
- Hyundai Sonata N Line (+$500): $52,065
- Hyundai Santa Fe (+$500)
- Santa Fe V6: $46,050
- Santa Fe CRDi: $49,550
- Santa Fe Active V6: $50,250
- Santa Fe Active CRDi: $53,750
- Santa Fe Elite V6: $56,500
- Santa Fe Elite CRDi: $60,000
- Santa Fe Highlander V6: $63,050
- Santa Fe Highlander CRDi: $66,550
- Hyundai Tucson N Line (+$500)
- N Line: $38,900
- Elite N Line: $41,900
- Elite N Line 1.6T: $45,900
- Elite N Line 2.0d: $47,900
- Highlander N Line: $47,990
- Highlander N Line 1.6T: $51,900
- Highlander N Line 2.0d: $53,900
All prices exclude on-road costs.