The Mitsubishi Pajero Sport receives some new colours and minor specification updates for 2023, as well as slight price increases.
All 2023 models are between $500 and $1000 more expensive than before, though tyre pressure monitoring has become standard fit on GLS, Exceed and GSR models.
The updated range enters production in February 2023, with dealership arrivals set for April.
Impulse Blue joins the colour palette for GLS and Exceed variants, while the flagship GSR gains a Terra Rossa exterior finish paired with a black roof.
- 2023 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport GLX 2WD: $44,940 (+$500)
- 2023 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport GLS 2WD: $50,190 (+$1000)
- 2023 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport GLX 4WD: $49,940 (+$500)
- 2023 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport GLS 4WD: $55,190 (+$1000)
- 2023 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Exceed 4WD: $60,690 (+$1000)
- 2023 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport GSR 4WD: $62,440 (+$1000)
Prices exclude on-road costs.
All 2023 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport models use a 2.4-litre turbo-diesel four-cylinder engine producing 133kW of power and 430Nm of torque, mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission.
Mitsubishi’s Super-Select II four-wheel drive system features a full-time four-wheel drive mode as well as selectable low- and high-range gearing and a locking rear differential.
The GLX and GLS are offered with a choice of rear- or four-wheel drive.
All 2023 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport models use 8.0L/100km on the ADR combined city and highway cycle and have a 68L fuel tank.
The 2023 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport measures 4825mm long, 1835mm tall and 1815mm wide on a 2800mm wheelbase.
The Pajero Sport’s luggage space with the seats all in place is 131L in seven-seat models and 502L in the base GLX, increasing to 1575L with all rear seats folded.
Unbraked towing capacity is 750kg and braked towing capacity is 3100kg (3000kg in 4×2 variants), while maximum towball load is 310kg (300kg in 4×2 variants).
The Pajero Sport’s approach angle is 30 degrees, its departure angle 24.2 degrees, and its ramp breakover angle 23.1 degrees.
It has 218mm of ground clearance and a fording depth of 700mm.
The 2023 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport requires servicing every 12 months or 15,000km, whichever comes first.
Mitsubishi’s standard warranty covers five years or 100,000km, but so long as you return to one of its dealerships at each service this extends to 10 years or 200,000km.
Servicing at dealerships also lets you take advantage of Mitsubishi’s 10 years of capped-price servicing.
Mitsubishi hasn’t announced any changes to service pricing for 2023. The following prices currently apply to MY20, MY21 and MY22 Pajero Sports.
- Service 1: $399
- Service 2: $399
- Service 3: $499
- Service 4: $699
- Service 5: $499
- Service 6: $699
- Service 7: $499
- Service 8: $999
- Service 9: $599
- Service 10: $699
The Mitsubishi Pajero Sport has a five-star rating from ANCAP with a 2015 date-stamp, with the rating based on that of the mechanically related Triton ute.
This rating was based on a frontal offset score of 15.22 out of 16 and a side impact score of 16 out of 16. Whiplash and pedestrian protection were rated Good and Acceptable, respectively.
All 2023 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport models come standard with the following safety features:
- Autonomous emergency braking
- Adaptive cruise control
- Front, front-side and curtain airbags
- Driver’s knee airbag
- Reversing camera with rear parking sensors
Blind-spot monitoring, a surround-view camera and rear cross-traffic alert are standard in the Pajero Sport Exceed and GSR.
The base GLX comes with the following standard features:
- 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Wired Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- DAB digital radio
- Electronic parking brake
- Adaptive cruise control
- Adjustable speed limiter
- Keyless entry and start
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shifter
- Tilt and telescopic steering wheel adjustment
- Climate control air-conditioning
- Cloth upholstery
- Four-speaker sound system
- LED headlights, fog lights and daytime running lights
- Power-folding exterior mirrors
4WD models also include paddle shifters.
The GLS gains the following standard features:
- Seven seats
- Dual-zone climate control
- Six-speaker sound system
- Tyre pressure monitoring
- Automatic headlights
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Rear floor storage box
- Privacy glass
- Power tailgate
The GLS’ optional Deluxe Package adds:
- Surround-view camera with steering wheel switch
- Leather upholstery for seats, door and console lid trims
- Power front seats
The Exceed gains:
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Surround-view camera
- Front parking sensors
- Heated front seats
- Power front seats
- Smartphone app connectivity
- Eight-speaker sound system
- 8.0-inch instrument cluster display
The GSR also includes:
- Black-finish 18-inch alloy wheels
- Black roof, bumper and headlight garnishes, rear spoiler and grille
Solid White is the standard colour, with all other shades costing $740 with the exception of White Diamond, a $940 option.
The optional shades are:
- Sterling Silver metallic
- Graphite Grey metallic
- Black Mica pearlescent
- Impulse Blue pearlescent
- Terra Rossa pearlescent
- White Diamond prestige
The GSR is available only in White Diamond, Terra Rossa or Black Mica, all with a mandatory black roof, while the base GLX isn’t available in White Diamond, Terra Rossa, Black Mica or Impulse Blue.