Lexus’ redesigned flagship SUV will offer a choice of twin-turbo petrol and diesel V6 engines, the line’s first F Sport model, and a sumptuous four-seat version.
The 2022 Lexus LX arrives in April, with pricing to be announced closer to then.
UPDATE, 17/03/2022 – Lexus has released pricing for the redesigned LX range. You can read the full breakdown in our price and specs article.
It shares its GA-F body-on-frame architecture with the Toyota LandCruiser 300 Series, and also offers its 3.3-litre twin-turbo V6 diesel in LX500d guise.
It produces the same 227kW of power and 700Nm of torque, mated with a 10-speed automatic transmission.
The LX600 is powered by a 3.5-litre twin-turbo petrol V6 offered in the LandCruiser overseas, producing 305kW and 650Nm and also mated with a 10-speed automatic transmission.
All models boast a braked towing capacity of 3500kg and feature a standard trailer wiring harness with towing hitch, while the full-time all-wheel drive system includes a low-range transfer case.
If you’re taking it off the beaten track, you can adjust the suspension height, while the multi-terrain monitor offers front, rear and panoramic views, as well as a view that allows you to “see through” the vehicle.
The line-up features the familiar F Sport and Sports Luxury trim level names, the former applied to the LX for the first time, but the top-spec model debuts a new grade for the brand: Ultra Luxury.
The base variant is the only LX grade to offer three rows of seating, with seven seats in total.
Standard equipment includes:
- 12.3-inch central touchscreen
- 7.0-inch lower screen
- 8.0-inch digital driver display
- Head-up display
- DAB+ digital radio
- Satellite navigation
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Wireless phone charging
- Surround-view camera
- Multi-terrain monitor
- Tri-beam LED headlights
- “BladeScan” adaptive high-beam
- 20-inch alloy wheels
- Power-adjustable third row
- Four-zone climate control
- Leather upholstery
- Shimamoku wood trim
- 10-way power driver seat
- Eight-way power passenger seat
- Heated front seats
- 25-speaker Mark Levinson sound system
- Lexus Connected Services with stolen vehicle tracking, automatic collision notification and SOS call functionality
Safety equipment includes:
- AEB with pedestrian and daytime cyclist detection and intersection turn assist
- Front and rear Parking Support Brake with obstacle and vehicle detection
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Adaptive cruise control
- Lane Tracing Assist
- Traffic sign recognition
- Emergency steering assist
The F Sport is available only with a five-seat layout. Over the base model, it adds:
- Ventilated front seats
- Heated and ventilated outboard second-row seats
- Heated steering wheel
- Centre console cooler
- Digital rear-view mirror
- Soft-close doors
- Fingerprint identification push-button start
- 22-inch forged alloy wheels
It also includes the following items exclusive to the F Sport:
- Unique black mesh grille
- Satin-plated moulding front and rear
- Hadori aluminium trim
- Aluminium pedals and sill plates
- Perforated leather-accented steering wheel and shifter
- Sports seats
- Exclusive upholstery colours
- Rear Torsen limited-slip differential
- Front and rear performance dampers
- Adaptive Variable Suspension
- Unique electric power steering tune
The five-seat Sports Luxury adds:
- Twin 11.6-inch rear entertainment screens
- Takanoha wood trim
Available only as a petrol LX600, the Ultra Luxury drops the centre second-row seat, and instead features individual, power-adjustable buckets with heating, ventilation and a five-stage massage function.
Lexus says there’s up to 860mm of legroom in the rear, with the seatback reclining by up to 48 degrees and an independently adjustable ottoman featuring two-position memory.
All rear seat and climate functions are adjustable via the central rear control panel.
The Ultra Luxury also features Walnut brown trim.
All LX models will come with a three-year membership to the Lexus Encore Platinum owner benefits program.
This includes Lexus on Demand, where members can borrow another Lexus for up to eight days on four occasions, as well as eight valet parking passes to use at select shopping centres.
MORE: Everything Lexus LX