The LDV D90, Australia’s cheapest large, body-on-frame seven-seat SUV, has received a price rise as of July 1, 2022.
Drive-away prices are up by $1000 across the D90 range, though ABN holders only have to pay $949 more.
The 2022 LDV D90 range now starts at $37,990 drive-away for the 2WD, and extends to $50,990 drive-away for the Executive 4WD diesel.
Standard specification for the D90 remains unchanged despite the price rise.
The LDV D90 is available with a choice of petrol or diesel four-cylinder engines and with rear- or four-wheel drive.
To the end of June 2022, LDV has sold a total of 2070 D90 models. It was outsold by the likes of the Isuzu MU-X (5327 sales), Mitsubishi Pajero Sport (5001 sales) and the Ford Everest (4902 sales), though it outsold the SsangYong Rexton (731 sales) and has been growing in popularity.
- 2022 LDV D90 2WD: $37,990 (+$1000)
- 2022 LDV D90 Executive 2WD: $41,990 (+$1000)
- 2022 LDV D90 Executive 4WD: $45,990 (+$1000)
- 2022 LDV D90 Executive 4WD diesel: $50,990 (+$1000)
All prices are drive-away.
The 2022 LDV D90 is available with two different engines – a petrol and a diesel.
The entry-level option is a 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine producing 165kW of power and 350Nm of torque.
This is mated to a six-speed automatic transmission with drive sent to either the rear wheels only, or all four wheels through a four-wheel drive system.
The 2.0-litre bi-turbo four-cylinder diesel engine is reserved for the top-of-the-range model and produces 158kW and 480Nm. It’s mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission with drive sent exclusively through a four-wheel drive system.
The 2022 LDV D90 has the following claimed fuel consumption figures according to ADR 81/02 testing.
- Petrol 2WD: 10.2L/100km
- Petrol 4WD: 10.9L/100km
- Diesel 4WD: 9.1L/100km
All LDV D90 models have a 75L fuel tank and both powertrains meet Euro 5 emissions regulations. Petrol models require a minimum of 95 RON premium unleaded petrol.
Every 2022 LDV D90 model has an engine stop/start system.
The 2022 LDV D90 measures in at 5005mm long, 1932mm wide and 1875mm tall with a wheelbase measuring 2950mm. Ground clearance is 210mm.
Boot space with the third row of seats upright is 343L, but this expands to 1350L with the third row of seats folded. With both the second and third rows folded boot capacity is 2382L.
Braked towing capacity is 2000kg in petrol models and 3100kg in the diesel, while all D90 models have an unbraked towing capacity of 750kg. Max tow ball down eight is up 200kg in petrol models, and 310kg in the diesel.
Payload is up to 730kg, gross vehicle mass (GVM) is up to 3100kg and gross combined mass is up to 6200kg.
All 2022 LDV D90 models come with a five-year/130,000km new car warranty.
Five years or 130,000km of roadside assistance is also included.
The first scheduled service – six months or 5,000kms – is free for the diesel engine only. Servicing is required every 12 months or 15,000km.
The LDV D90 scored a five-star ANCAP safety rating when tested in 2017.
It received a frontal offset score of 14.05 out of 16, a side impact score of 16 out of 16, a whiplash protection rating of Good and a pedestrian protection rating of Acceptable. The overall score was 35.05 out of 37.
The D90 comes fitted with six airbags including two for the driver and front passenger, two side airbags and two full-length curtain airbags.
The 2022 LDV D90 comes standard with the following safety equipment:
- Autonomous emergency warning (AEB)
- Forward collision warning
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Lane departure warning
- Adaptive cruise control
- Driver attention monitoring
- Reversing camera
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Traffic sign recognition
- Tyre pressure monitoring
The 2022 LDV D90 2WD comes standard with the following equipment:
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- LED headlights
- LED daytime running lights
- Front and rear fog lights
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Roof rails
- Side steps
- Heated and electronically folding side mirrors
- 12-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Wired Apple CarPlay
- Three USB ports
- Six-speaker sound system
- Dual-zone climate control
- Keyless entry and push-button start
- Steering wheel tilt adjustment
- Electric park brake
- Selectable drive modes
- Three 12V sockets
- 220V power outlet
- Seven seats
- Artificial leather upholstery with cloth inserts
- Driver six-way manual adjustment
- Front passenger four-way manual adjustment
The Executive adds the following:
- 19-inch alloy wheels
- Electronic differential lock (petrol 4WD only)
- Puddle door lights
- Power tailgate
- 8.0-inch digital instrument cluster
- Eight-speaker sound system
- Rock, mud, sand and snow drive modes (4WD models only)
- Low range gearing (4WD models only)
- Multi-zone climate control
- Ambient interior lighting
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Steering wheel tilt and reach adjustment
- Heated steering wheel (diesel 4WD only)
- Paddle shifters (diesel 4WD only)
- First and second row leather upholstery
- Third row artificial leather upholstery
- Eight-way electric driver seat adjustment with four-way lumbar adjustment
The 2022 LDV D90 is available in the following exterior paint colours:
- Metal Black metallic
- Ocean Blue metallic
- Lava Grey metallic
- Metal Ash metallic
- Aurora Silver metallic
- Blanc White
- Warm White
Metallic shades cost an additional $500.
MORE: Everything LDV D90