The 2020 Ford Everest is available in four trim levels.
The base Ambiente starts at $49,690 before on-road costs with rear-wheel drive, while the range-topping Titanium 4WD costs $72,790 before on-roads.
The Everest is based on the Ranger ute, and is Ford’s rival for the popular Mitsubishi Pajero Sport and Toyota LandCruiser Prado.
It’s also the only SUV Ford sells in Australia with three rows of seating.
- 2020 Ford Everest Ambiente 3.2 RWD: $49,490
- 2020 Ford Everest Ambiente 3.2 4WD: $54,490
- 2020 Ford Everest Trend 3.2 RWD: $56,490
- 2020 Ford Everest Trend 2.0 RWD: $60,290
- 2020 Ford Everest Trend 2.0 4WD: $61,790
- 2020 Ford Everest Sport 3.2 4WD: $62,290
- 2020 Ford Everest Sport 2.0 4WD: $63,790
- 2020 Ford Everest Titanium 2.0 4WD: $72,590
All prices exclude on-road costs
The 2020 Ford Everest comes with a choice of two engines.
Standard on the Everest Ambiente and Sport is a 3.2-litre turbo-diesel five-cylinder engine producing 143kW and 470Nm.
It’s mated to a six-speed automatic transmission and is available with rear-wheel drive (Ambiente, Trend) or four-wheel drive (Ambiente, Sport).
Optional on the Everest Trend and Sport and standard on the Everest Titanium is a 2.0-litre twin-turbo diesel four-cylinder engine producing 157kW and 500Nm.
It’s mated to a ten-speed automatic transmission and is available only with rear-wheel drive in the Trend and only with four-wheel drive in the Sport and Titanium.
When equipped with the 3.2-litre five-cylinder turbo-diesel, the 2020 Ford Everest consumes 8.4L/100km on the combined cycle with rear-wheel drive and 8.5L/100km with four-wheel drive.
The 2020 Ford Everest 2.0-litre turbo-diesel consumes 6.9L/100km on the combined cycle with rear-wheel drive and 7.0L/100km with four-wheel drive.
The 2020 Ford Everest measures 4903mm long, 1837mm tall and 1869mm wide.
The Ford Everest’s total luggage space is 450L, increasing to 1050L with the third row folded and 2010L with both the second and third rows folded.
When the Ford Everest was tested by ANCAP in 2015, it received a rating of five stars.
That rating was based on a frontal offset score of 15.38 out of 16 and a side impact score of 16 out of 16. Whiplash and pedestrian protection were rated Good and Acceptable, respectively.
All 2020 Ford Everest models come standard with autonomous emergency braking with forward-collision warning, as well as lane-departure warning, lane-keeping assist, anti-lock brakes, and front, front-side and curtain airbags. They also feature a driver’s knee airbag.
Everest Titanium models add blind-spot monitoring.
The base Everest Ambiente comes with the following standard features:
- Reversing camera and rear parking sensors
- 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- Satellite navigation
- DAB+ digital radio
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Dual-zone climate control
- Keyless entry and start
- Traffic sign recognition
- Windscreen-mounted USB port for dash cams
The Everest Trend adds the following standard features:
- Third row seating
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- LED headlights and daytime running lights
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shifter
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Power tailgate
- Adaptive cruise control
- Front parking sensors
- Leather seats (excluding third row)
- Eight-way power driver’s seat
The Everest Sport adds the following standard features:
- 20-inch alloy wheels
- Black grille
- Blue interior accent trim
The Everest Titanium drops the Sport’s unique exterior and interior trim but adds:
- Ambient lighting
- Heated front seats
- Eight-way power passenger’s seat
- Illuminated front scuff plates
- Panoramic sunroof
- Leather-wrapped handbrake
- Chrome door handles and running boards
- Semi-automatic parallel parking assist
- Blind-spot monitoring
All 2020 Ford Everest models require servicing every 12 months or 15,000km, whichever comes first.
In addition to its five-year, unlimited kilometre warranty, Ford offers capped-price servicing for the Everest.
The first four services will cost no more than $299 while the fifth service will cost $405 for 3.2-litre models and $365 for 2.0-litre models.