The Alfa Romeo Tonale Plug-in Hybrid Q4 is now available to order in Australia, priced from $77,500 before on-road costs ahead of deliveries commencing in October.
Based on the high-spec Veloce trim level, the Tonale Plug-in Hybrid carries a $21,100 premium over the recently-launched Tonale Hybrid Veloce, though brings substantially more performance as well as improved efficiency.
Power in the Tonale Plug-in Hybrid Q4 comes from a 132kW 1.3-litre turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine on the front axle, teamed with a 90kW/250Nm electric motor on the rear axle.
There’s a six-speed automatic paired to the combustion engine up front, while a 15.5kW lithium-ion battery feeds the e-motor at the rear.
Together, the system has a total power output of 208kW and the dual power sources facilitate electrified all-wheel drive. Note the Tonale Hybrid is FWD only.
Alfa Romeo claims a 0-100 time of a hot hatch-like 6.2 seconds, while the brand quotes an all-electric driving range of 60 kilometres. The brand claims the Tonale’s high-voltage battery can be charged in 2.5 hours using a 7.4kW AC charger.
In terms of specification, the Tonale Plug-in Hybrid effectively takes on the Veloce trim level with the optional Lusso Package – usually a $4500 option on the Tonale Hybrid.
While the Tonale Plug-in Hybrid looks virtually identical to the standard Tonale Hybrid, Alfa Romeo says it has reinterpreted the historic serpent logo to “highlight the brand’s electrification process”, displayed on the left rear window.
Tonale Plug-in Hybrid Q4 Veloce highlights:
- Auto Matrix LED headlights
- Adaptive Driving Beam
- Dynamic turn indicator
- Dark Miron “Scudetto” front grille finish
- Dark Miron body kit with matte inserts
- Privacy glass
- Veloce badging
- Brembo red brake calipers
- 19-Inch diamond cut alloy wheels
- Gloss Black electric-folding heated exterior mirrors with Italian flag
- Perforated Black leather-accented seats
- Embroidered Alfa Romeo logo
- Dark Grey double stitching
- Dark Grey accent stitching (front centre armrest, door trim)
- Aluminum door sills, gearshift paddles, pedals
- Customisable ambient lighting (from September production)
- Level 2 Autonomous Driving
- Magic Park (from September production)
- Front, rear, side parking sensors
- 360-degree camera incl. dynamic guidelines
- Blind-spot assist
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Adaptive cruise control with stop&go
- High Beam Assist (HBA)
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
- Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB)
- Vulnerable road user detection
- Lane Support System (LDW+LKA)
- Driver Behavior Warning
- 6 airbags
- Front, rear parking sensors
- Reversing camera incl. dynamic guidelines
- Traffic sign recognition with Intelligent Speed Control
- Tyre pressure monitoring
- Alfa Active Dual-Stage Valve Suspensions
- Heated, ventilated front seats
- Heated steering wheel
- Heated washer nozzles
- 8-way electric front seats incl. driver memory
- 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Satellite navigation
- Wireless Apple CarPlay, Android Auto
- 14-speaker 465-watt Harman Kardon sound system
- 12.3-inch “Cannocchiale” TFT instrument cluster
- Alfa Connect Services
- Wireless charging pad
- Front, rear USB-A , USB-C ports
- Keyless entry, start
- Mode 2 charging cable
- Spare wheel
- 20-inch alloy wheels: $1500
- Premium paint: $1600
- Special premium paint: $2500
- Alfa Romeo Tonale Hybrid Ti: $49,900
- Alfa Romeo Tonale Hybrid Veloce: $56,400
- Alfa Romeo Tonale Plug-in Hybrid Q4 Veloce: $77,500
Prices exclude on-road costs