The Renault Captur, the French brand’s smallest SUV, enters 2024 unchanged.
Renault Australia increased pricing by $1200 in June 2023 for the base-model Captur Life and Zen and the Intens had a $700 price increase.
The four-variant lineup opens at $33,000 before on-road costs for the Life and extends to $41,300 before on-road costs for the flagship Captur R.S Line.
In 2023 Renault introduced wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto on all variants, as well as a lane centring function on Intens and R.S. Line models.
The gear knob in the Captur is now finished in leatherette rather than leather.
Despite the added features, the 2023 Renault Captur doesn’t have a plastic cover for the tailgate latch, nor soft-touch upper door panels on Intens and R.S. Line models.
Renault Australia has removed the Easy Life Package available on the Intens alongside the Orange Signature Package and Atacama Orange exterior paint.
The company has sold 892 examples of its Captur thus far this year up to October 2023, down 16.1 per cent on the same period last year.
- 2024 Renault Captur Life: $33,000 (+$1200)
- 2024 Renault Captur Zen: $35,000 (+$1200)
- 2024 Renault Captur Intens: $39,500 (+$700)
- 2024 Renault Captur R.S. Line: $41,300
All prices exclude on-road costs.
The 2024 Renault Captur’s 1.3-litre four-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine produces 113kW of power and 270Nm of torque.
It’s mated with a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission, with drive sent to the front wheels only.
Claimed fuel economy for the 2024 Renault Captur is 6.6L/100km on the combined cycle.
All models have a 48L fuel tank and require 95 RON premium unleaded petrol.
The 2024 Renault Captur measures 4227mm long, 1797mm wide and 1567mm tall, with a 2639mm wheelbase.
Boot space is 422L with the rear seats in place, 536L including under-floor storage and with the rear bench pulled all the way forward, and 1275L with the rear seats folded flat.
The Captur is backed by a five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty and comes with five years of 24/7 roadside assistance.
Servicing is required every 12 months or 30,000km, whichever comes first, and the first five are capped as follows:
|Captur 1.3L turbo four-cylinder|
The 2024 Renault Captur has a five-star ANCAP safety rating based on Euro NCAP testing conducted in 2019.
It scored 96 per cent for adult occupant protection, 84 per cent for child occupant protection, 75 per cent for vulnerable road user protection, and 70 per cent for safety assist.
The 2024 Captur features the following safety equipment as part of Renault Easy Drive:
- Autonomous emergency braking with pedestrian and cyclist detection
- Safe distance warning
- Lane departure warning
- Lane-keep assist
- Traffic sign recognition
- Reversing camera
- Front and rear parking sensors
Blind-spot monitoring and rear cross-traffic alert are standard on the Zen, Intens and R.S Line trims and optional on the Life.
The Intens and R.S Line are now available with a lane centring function.
Standard equipment in the 2024 Renault Captur Life includes:
- LED head- and tail lights
- Cruise control and speed limiter
- Paddle shifters
- Manual air conditioning
- 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- 4.2-inch instrument cluster screen
- Six-speaker sound system
- 17-inch alloy wheels
The Captur Zen adds:
- Adaptive cruise control with stop/go
- Keyless entry and start
- Heated leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Climate control air conditioning
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Wireless phone charging
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Rear cross-traffic alert
The Captur Intens adds:
- 9.3-inch infotainment display with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and satellite navigation
- Arkamys Auditorium six-speaker sound system
- 7.0-inch colour trip computer
- Satin grey roof rails
- Surround-view camera
- Power driver’s seat
- Heated front seats
- Automatic brake hold
- LED cabin lighting
- Storage nets on front seatbacks
- Auto-dimming rear-view mirror
- Dual rear USB ports
- Black leather trim
- Privacy glass
- Exterior chrome highlights
- 18-inch two-tone alloy wheels
The flagship Captur R.S. Line adds:
- Side parking sensors
- 18-inch R.S Line two-tone alloy wheels
- F1-inspired front bumper insert
- Dual chrome fake exhaust tips
- Gunmetal grey exterior accents
- Front and rear skid plate elements
- R.S. Line badging (exterior and interior)
- R.S. Line door sills
- Carbon fibre-look interior inserts
- Alloy sports pedals
- Red and grey contrast stitching
- 10.25-inch digital instrument cluster
- Frameless auto-dimming rear-view mirror
- Easy Park Assist (automated parking)
- Automatic high-beam
The $1000 Peace of Mind package for the Captur Life brings:
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Hands-free key card
The 2024 Renault Captur is available in the following exterior paint colours:
- Smokey Blue
- Flame Red
- Highland Grey
- Iron Blue
- Oyster Grey
- Pearl White
- Diamond Black
Every colour except for Diamond Black is available in a two-tone finish with a black roof.
For entry-level Life models, Smokey Blue solid paint is free, single-tone metallic paint costs $650, two-tone Smokey Blue solid paint costs $450 and two-tone metallic paint costs $1000.
For the rest of the range, single-tone and two-tone Smokey Blue are free, with single-tone and two-tone metallic paint costing $650.