Jaguar will soon be an all-electric brand but for now it has just one EV: the I-Pace.
The svelte SUV has received some tweaks for the 2023 model year, headlined by a new feature for its infotainment system. It’s available now.
Jaguar is using its oft-overlooked I-Pace to debut the new Amazon Alexa integration for its Pivi Pro infotainment system.
It’ll also be part of an over-the-air update for existing owners with compatible cars.
The system allows drivers to use natural voice prompts – “Alexa, navigate home” – to control the navigation and media. It also syncs up with an owner’s Amazon account to give access to things like shopping lists and calendars.
MY23 I-Pace models also now have the option of a Premium Black Pack, costing $5008, which adds a gloss black finish to the grille, window surrounds, mirror caps and rear badges and includes gloss black 22-inch alloy wheels.
Ostuni White metallic paint joins the colour palette, but otherwise the I-Pace is unchanged.
EV sales may have soared in Australia last year, if from a low base, but the I-Pace hasn’t kept pace.
Sales slumped 37.1 per cent, though admittedly 2021 was a rough year for many brands in terms of supply.
- 2023 Jaguar I-Pace SE: $142,580 (+$4748)
- 2023 Jaguar I-Pace HSE: $155,550 (+$4118)
All prices exclude on-road costs.
The 2023 Jaguar I-Pace features a dual-motor all-wheel drive powertrain with total system outputs of 294kW of power and 696Nm of torque.
It uses a 90kWh battery.
Jaguar claims a 0-100km/h time of 4.8 seconds.
The 2023 Jaguar I-Pace has a claimed 446km of range on the WLTP test cycle.
The 2023 Jaguar I-Pace measures 4682mm long, 1895mm wide and 1558mm tall on a 2990mm wheelbase. It weighs 2133kg (tare).
Boot space is 656L, expanding to 1453L with the rear seats folded.
The I-Pace is backed by a five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty, with the battery covered under an eight-year/160,000km warranty.
The Jaguar I-Pace has a five-star rating from ANCAP based on testing conducted in 2018.
It has an adult occupant protection rating of 91 per cent, a child occupant protection rating of 81 per cent, a vulnerable road user protection rating of 73 per cent, and a safety assist rating of 77 per cent.
Standard safety equipment includes:
- Six airbags
- Autonomous emergency braking
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Adaptive cruise control
- Lane-keep assist
- Reversing camera with front and rear parking sensors
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Traffic sign recognition
- Adaptive speed limiter
The SE comes standard with the following equipment:
- Open differential with torque vectoring by braking
- Active Sound Design
- Heated, power-folding exterior mirrors with memory
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Power tailgate
- LED headlights with automatic levelling
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- 12-way power front seats with driver memory
- Ambient lighting
- Pivi Pro touchscreen infotainment system and Touch Pro Duo (10.0- and 5.0-inch screens)
- Wireless phone charging
- Wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- DAB digital radio
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
- Keyless entry and start
- Tyre pressure monitoring
- 20-inch alloy wheels
The HSE adds:
- Matrix LED headlights
- Animated directional indicators
- 16-way power front seats with driver memory
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Heated rear seats
- Meridian 3D sound system
The Premium Black Pack ($5008) adds:
- 22-inch gloss black alloy wheels
- Electronic air suspension
- Rear spoiler
- Black exterior pack
The Premium Upgrade Interior Pack ($5565) adds:
- Illuminated metal treadplates
- Colour-adjustable ambient lighting
- Full Extended Leather Upgrade
The Cold Climate Pack ($1060) adds:
- Heated windscreen
- Heated washer jets
- Headlight power washers
- Heated steering wheel
The Convenience Pack ($1500) adds:
- Hands-free power tailgate
- Loadspace partition net
- Click and Go integrated base unit
- Activity Key
The Park Assist Pack ($1310) includes a 3D surround camera and semi-autonomous parking assist.
Standalone options include:
- Black exterior pack: $990
- Bright exterior pack: $760
- Head-up display: $1040
- Activity Key: $910
- 3D surround camera: $1000
- Fixed panoramic roof: $3580
- Black contrast roof: $1495
- JaguarDrive Control with Adaptive Surface Response: $2002
- Electronic air suspension: $2002
- Adaptive Dynamics: $2405
- Privacy glass: $845
- Heated windscreen: $455
- Heated washer jets: $299
- Front fog lights: $403
- Hands-free power tailgate: $260
- Full extended leather upgrade: $2763
- Heated steering wheel: $494
- Illuminated metal treadplates: $780
- ClearSight digital rear-view mirror: $1131
- Colour-adjustable ambient lighting: $507
- Twin front cupholders with cover: $90
- Lockable cooled glovebox: $403
- Four-zone climate control: $1820
As is typical of a Jaguar, you can also choose from a wide range of different seat, trim and wheel options. Many of the HSE’s features can also be added to the SE. We recommend taking a look at the configurator on the Jaguar website.
The I-Pace is available in Fuji White and Caldera Red solid finishes, plus the following metallic finishes:
- Santorini Black
- Indus Silver
- Firenze Red
- Caesium Blue
- Borasco Grey
- Eiger Grey
- Portofino Blue
- Ostuni Pearl White
Farallon Pearl Black and Aruba premium metallic are $3900 options.
MORE: Everything Jaguar I-Pace