The 2023 Isuzu MU-X seven-seat SUV is now on sale, with some minor specification tweaks inside and out.
Pricing for the MU-X remains unchanged from the 2022 model year, with the range starting at $48,900 before on-road costs for the LS-M 4×2, and extending to $67,400 before on-road costs for the LS-T 4×4.
There’s a new grille for all variants; finished in two-tone black for the LS-M, or Magnetite grey and black chrome for the LS-U and LS-T. Further, the LS-M and LS-T score new alloy wheel designs.
All models also get dark grey metallic accents for the LED tail lights, while the LS-U and LS-T pick up a range of Magnetite grey accents for the fog light surrounds, bumper trim, roof rails and side steps.
The LS-U and LS-T also receive a new hands-free tailgate, which allows a user with the key fob to open the tailgate by walking up to the rear and then taking a step back.
LS-U and LS-T variants are now available with a new Galaxy Blue mica exterior paint colour, which like other premium paint option costs $650.
Like the D-Max, the updated MU-X features a new auto-off function for its blind-spot monitoring and rear cross-traffic alert systems when a trailer is hitched up and detected via the genuine trailer plug accessory.
- 2023 Isuzu MU-X LS-M 4×2: $48,900
- 2023 Isuzu MU-X LS-M 4×4: $54,900
- 2023 Isuzu MU-X LS-U 4×2: $55,400
- 2023 Isuzu MU-X LS-U 4×4: $61,400
- 2023 Isuzu MU-X LS-T 4×2: $61,400
- 2023 Isuzu MU-X LS-T 4×4: $67,400 ($65,990 drive-away)
All pricing excludes on-road costs unless noted otherwise.
In 4×2 models, power is sent to the rear wheels exclusively through a six-speed automatic transmission.
4×4 models add a switchable four-wheel drive with high- and low-range, along with a locking rear differential. It’s auto-only, like the 4×2 models.
The 2023 Isuzu MU-X has a claimed combined fuel economy of 7.8 litres per 100km in 4×2 models, and 8.3 litres per 100km in 4×4 models.
The entire range has an 80 litre fuel tank.
The 2023 Isuzu MU-X measures in at 4850mm long, 1870mm wide, and up to 1825mm tall, with a 2855mm wheelbase.
The range has the following approach, departure and ramp-over angles:
|Approach angle (degrees)||28.6||29.2||29.2|
|Departure angle (degrees)||27.6||26.9||26.4|
|Ramp-over angle (degrees)||22.6||23.1||23.1|
Wading depth across the range is 800mm.
Boot space is 311 litres with all three rows of seating upright, 1119 litres with the third row folded, and 2138 litres with the third and second rows folded.
Braked towing capacity across the range is 3500kg, with payload varying from 615kg and 665kg, depending on the model.
The gross vehicle mass (GVM) for 4×2 models is 2700kg and 4×4 models is 2800kg, whereas the gross combination mass (GVM) across the entire range is 5900kg.
The 2023 Isuzu MU-X is covered by a six-year, 150,000km warranty. There’s also up to seven years of roadside assistance when you service at an Isuzu Ute dealer.
Logbook servicing is required every 12 months or 15,000km, whichever comes first, apart from a complimentary three-month service. The first eight services are capped at the following prices:
The Isuzu MU-X has a five-star safety rating from ANCAP, based on testing conducted in 2020 of the related D-Max. It received a design change to the driver’s knee airbag and instrument panel in July 2022 and was re-tested, maintaining its five-star safety rating.
That rating was based on an adult occupant protection score of 86 per cent, child occupant protection score of 85 per cent, vulnerable road user protection score of 69 per cent, and safety assist score of 84 per cent.
The 2023 Isuzu MU-X range comes standard with the following safety features:
- Eight airbags
- Autonomous emergency braking (AEB)
- Turn assist
- Forward collision warning
- Post-collision braking
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Blind-spot monitoring and rear cross-traffic auto switch off (NEW)
- Lane departure warning
- Lane-keep assist
- Emergency lane-keeping
- Land Support System switch
- Adaptive cruise control with stop/go
- Trailer sway control
- Traffic sign recognition
- Wrong-pedal braking
- Rear parking sensors
- Reversing camera
LS-U variants and above also receive front parking sensors and tyre pressure monitoring.
The 2023 Isuzu MU-X LS-M comes standard with the following features:
- 17-inch alloy wheels (NEW)
- All-terrain tyres
- Automatic LED headlights
- Automatic high-beam
- LED daytime running lights
- LED combination tail lights
- Dark grey metallic tail light accents (NEW)
- Rain-sensing window wipers
- Black and gunmetal grey grille (NEW)
- Colour-coded front bumper
- Black aluminium side steps
- Black side mirrors
- Under-front steel skid plate
- Steel plate guards (4×4 only)
- 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Wireless Apple CarPlay
- Wired Android Auto
- DAB+ digital radio
- Four-speaker sound system
- 4.2-inch digital multi-function display
- Manual air-conditioning
- Second and third row air vents
- Polyurethane steering wheel
- Polyurethane gear selector
- Electric park brake
- Keyless entry
- Push-button start
- 4×4 select dial (4×4 only)
- Rear differential lock button (4×4 only)
- Carpet flooring
- Seven seats
- Cloth upholstery
- Six-way manually adjustable driver’s seat
The LS-U adds the following:
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Highway terrain tyres
- Tungsten silver and chrome grille (NEW)
- Heated, body-coloured mirrors with built-in indicators
- Magnetite aluminium side steps (NEW)
- Magnetite fog light surrounds (NEW)
- Magnetite bumper trim (NEW)
- Magnetite roof rails (NEW)
- Hands-free power tailgate (NEW)
- Privacy glass
- Front parking sensors
- 9.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Satellite navigation
- Eight-speaker sound system
- Dual-zone climate control
- Walk-away door locking
- Tyre-pressure monitoring
- Leather steering wheel
- Leather gear selector
- Auto-dimming rear-view mirror
- Sun visor vanity mirrors
- Driver’s seat power lumbar support
The range-topping LS-T adds:
- 20-inch machined two-tone alloy wheels (NEW)
- Remote engine start
- Ambient interior lighting
- Centre console overhead guide light
- Stitched leatherette door trims and centre console
- Leather-accented upholstery
- Heated front seats
- Eight-way electric driver’s seat adjustment with power lumbar support
- Four-way electric front passenger’s seat adjustment
Isuzu Ute Australia offers a range of genuine accessories across the MU-X range. Here are just a few:
- Polished alloy bull bar: $4649
- Snorkel: $1290
- Headlight protectors: $190.52
- Tow bar kit: $1182.25
- 12 pin flat tow bar wiring harness: $393.25
- Electronic brake controller: $896.05
- Roof rail cross bars: $591.58
- Cargo barrier: $1078
- Wireless charger: $419.43
The 2023 Isuzu MU-X is available in the following exterior paint colours:
- Basalt black mica
- Cobalt blue mica
- Galaxy blue mica (LS-U and LS-T only) (NEW)
- Magnetic red mica
- Mercury silver metallic
- Mineral white
- Moonstone white pearl (LS-U and LS-T only)
- Obsidian grey mica
All premium paints cost an additional $650.
MORE: Everything Isuzu MU-X