The Nissan GT-R’s farewell tour in Australia will include two special editions.
The GT-R T-Spec and GT-R Nismo SV will join the Premium, Premium Luxury and Nismo variants when the 2022 range touches down in October 2021.
Fewer than 50 GT-R models in total will be arriving for the car’s final model year in Australia.
The T-Spec helps bridge the gap between the Premium variants and the Nismo, offering a range of aesthetic and performance tweaks.
It’s perhaps best distinguished by its gold forged 20-inch alloy wheels, wrapped in Dunlop SP Sport Maxx high-performance tyres.
The T-Spec also gains the carbon ceramic rotors of the Nismo models, which measure 410mm at the front and 390mm at the rear compared to the standard Brembo’s 390mm/380mm set-up.
There’s a carbon-fibre spoiler down back, while the seats, steering wheel, shifter and much of the dashboard are finished in dark green and complemented with a quilted Alcantara headliner and suede A-pillar trim.
Sitting at the top of the range is the Nismo SV, which gains a clear-coated carbon-fibre bonnet, red exterior accents, and 20-inch Rays aluminium forged wheels.
The GT-R is being withdrawn from the Australian market due to new side impact regulations.
“Due to the implementation of Australia’s unique pole side impact design rules (ADR 85), the Nissan GT-R will not be imported into the Australian market after October 31, 2021,” said a spokesperson from Nissan Australia.
Despite its age, the GT-R will continue to be offered in other markets.
“This isn’t the end of the GT-R story in Australia, but it will mark the closure of this chapter for this generation vehicle,” said Nissan Australia managing director Adam Paterson.
“And there is surely no more fitting a send-off for this performance hero than with an expanded range offering that includes not one but two thrilling special editions.”
- 2022 Nissan GT-R Premium: $193,800
- 2022 Nissan GT-R Premium Luxury: $199,800
- 2022 Nissan GT-R T-Spec: $256,700
- 2022 Nissan GT-R Nismo: $378,000
- 2022 Nissan GT-R Nismo SV: $393,800
All prices exclude on-road costs.
The 2022 Nissan GT-R is powered by a twin-turbocharged 3.8-litre V6 engine producing 419kW of power at 6800rpm and 632Nm of torque at 3300rpm. Power is sent to all four wheels via a six-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission.
Nismo models receive a tuned version of the twin-turbo V6 with 441kW at 6800rpm and 652Nm at 3600rpm.
The 2022 Nissan GT-R uses 11.7L/100km on the combined cycle. It requires 98RON premium unleaded fuel and has a 74L fuel tank.
The 2022 Nissan GT-R measures 1895mm wide, 1370mm tall and has a 2780mm wheelbase. The GT-R Premium is 4710mm long, while the Nismo is 4690mm long.
The 2022 GT-R is covered by a five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty.
The Nissan GT-R hasn’t been tested by ANCAP or Euro NCAP, and doesn’t include any active safety technology.
As mentioned, it’s being discontinued in Australia as it doesn’t meet a new regulation, Australian Design Rule 85/00 – Pole Side Impact Performance, which comes into effect on November 1, 2021.
Standard safety equipment includes:
- Front, front-side and curtain airbags
- Reversing camera
- Front and rear parking sensors
The Premium comes standard with the following equipment:
- 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Satellite navigation
- 11-speaker Bose sound system
- Keyless entry and start
- 20-inch forged alloy wheels
- Leather-accented upholstery
- Selectable exhaust
- Downshift rev matching
- LED headlights, tail lights and daytime running lights
- Dual-zone climate control
- Aluminium pedals
- Heated front seats
- Tyre pressure monitoring
The Premium Luxury adds:
- Semi-aniline leather-accented seats
- Semi-aniline leather-accented steering wheel, shifter, dashboard and door panels
The T-Spec adds:
- Brembo carbon ceramic rotors
- Dunlop SP Sport Maxx high-performance tyres
- Gold alloy wheels
- Carbon fibre rear spoiler
- Dark green steering wheel, shifter and upholstery
- Quilted Alcantara headliner
- Suede A-pillar trim
Over the standard GT-R, the Nismo adds:
- Recaro Alcantara/carbon-fibre bucket seats (without heating)
- Alcantara-wrapped steering wheel and gauge hood
- Carbon fibre exterior trim
- Nismo tuned suspension
The Nismo SV adds:
- Carbon fibre bonnet
- 20-inch Rays aluminium forged wheels
MORE: Everything Nissan GT-R