The Mercedes-Benz GLC has long been one of the brand’s top sellers in Australia since it launched in 2015.
While there’s an all-new C-Class due to launch during the fourth quarter of 2021, the German marque is yet to reveal a second-generation GLC meaning the current model could be around for a little while yet.
Prices for the 2022 GLC have increased for the second half of 2022. Those price changes are detailed here.
As has been the case since the facelifted model’s launch in 2019, the range is petrol-only and offers a choice of SUV and Coupe body styles. There’s also AMG 43 and AMG 63 S performance versions on offer.
Pricing is a little up since launch, though. The starting point is up by $9000 for the base GLC200 and some variants have risen by nearly $15,000 since 2019.
- 2022 Mercedes-Benz GLC200: $75,100
- 2022 Mercedes-Benz GLC300 4Matic: $86,800
- 2022 Mercedes-Benz GLC300 e 4Matic: $93,800
- 2022 Mercedes-AMG GLC43 4Matic: $120,477
- 2022 Mercedes-AMG GLC63 S 4Matic+: $175,800
- 2022 Mercedes-Benz GLC300 Coupe: $96,900
- 2022 Mercedes-AMG GLC43 4Matic Coupe: $127,700
- 2022 Mercedes-AMG GLC63 S 4Matic+ Coupe: $182,000
All prices exclude on-road costs
The local Mercedes-Benz GLC line-up is petrol only, with four-, six- and eight-cylinder units to choose from depending on variant.
Power in the GLC200 comes from a 2.0-litre turbo four making 145kW (5500-6100rpm) and 320Nm (1650-4000rpm). Drive is sent to the rear wheels exclusively via a nine-speed automatic.
Claimed acceleration from 0 to 100km/h is 7.8 seconds, with a top speed of 217km/h.
Moving to the GLC300 4Matic keeps the same displacement but ups outputs to 190kW (5800-6100rpm) and 370Nm (1800-4000rpm). Being a 4Matic model, drive is sent to all four wheels via a nine-speed auto.
0-100 takes 6.2 seconds (6.3 seconds Coupe) in the GLC300 4Matic, with top speed rated at 240km/h.
The GLC300 e 4Matic plug-in hybrid combines a 2.0-litre turbo with an electric motor and 13.5kWh lithium-ion battery.
Outputs for the petrol engine are 155kW (5500rpm) and 350Nm (1300-4000rpm), essentially the same tune as the old GLC250. The electric motor offers an extra 90kW/440Nm, for system outputs of 235kW and 700Nm.
Drive again is sent to all four wheels via a nine-speed auto, with 0-100 claimed to take 5.7 seconds and EV range quoted at 43 kilometres (WLTP) on the combined cycle. Top speed is rated at 230km/h for the PHEV.
Further up the range is the AMG GLC43 4Matic, which swaps in a 3.0-litre twin-turbo V6 with 287kW (6100rpm) and 520Nm (2500-5000rpm). An ‘AMG Speedshift’ nine-speed auto drives all four wheels.
Mercedes claims a 0-100 sprint of 4.9 seconds for the AMG 43, and a top speed of 250km/h.
Finally, the AMG GLC63 S gets the company’s famous 4.0-litre bi-turbo V8, pumping out a meaty 375kW (5500-6250rpm) and 700Nm (1750-4500rpm). Like the AMG 43, a nine-speed ‘AMG Speedshift’ auto drives all four wheels.
It takes just 3.8 seconds to dash from 0-100km/h, with a top speed rated at 280km/h.
Combined fuel economy figures by variant are as follows:
- GLC200: 7.8L/100km
- GLC300 4Matic: 8.1L/100km
- GLC300 e 4Matic: 2.6L/100km
- AMG GLC43 4Matic: 10.4L/100km
- AMG GLC63 S 4Matic+: 12.2L/100km
All models require 98 RON premium unleaded fuel, and all engine variants feature idle stop/start technology as standard.
Fuel tanks across the line-up are 66 litres, except for the GLC300 e which has a 50L tank.
The GLC SUV measures 4658mm long, 1890mm wide and 1644mm tall, with a 2873mm wheelbase.
The GLC Coupe is slightly longer at 4731mm, and shorter at 1600mm tall. Otherwise, its width and wheelbase are identical to the SUV.
In terms of luggage space, GLC SUV models offer 550L (VDA), though the GLC300 e is less at 395L due to the battery being mounted under the boot floor. GLC Coupe models offer 500L across the board.
Kerb weight varies from 1790kg (GLC200) to 2025kg (AMG GLC63 S).
All variants of the Mercedes-Benz GLC wear a five-star ANCAP safety rating based on tests conducted by Euro NCAP in 2015.
The GLC managed 95 per cent for adult occupant protection criteria, 89 per cent for child occupant protection, 82 per cent for pedestrian protection and 71 per cent for safety assist. These scores are based on older criteria.
From the base GLC200, all models feature:
- Active Braking Assist (AEB) with pedestrian/cyclist detection
- Active bonnet
- Attention Assist
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Parking Package
- 360-degree cameras
- Parking sensors front/rear
- Active Parking Assist
- Pre-Safe accident anticipatory system
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Traffic Sign Assist
Optional on the GLC200 and standard on the GLC300 4Matic and up is the Driver Assistance Package which adds:
- Distronic (adaptive cruise control)
- Route-based speed adaptation
- Active Braking Assist (AEB) with cross-traffic function
- Evasive Steering Assist
- Blind-spot assist
- Lane-keep assist
- Lane Changing Assist
- Pre-Safe Plus
The GLC range is covered by Mercedes-Benz Australia’s five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty.
Servicing for Benz and AMG 43 models is required every 12 months or 25,000km – whichever comes first.
The AMG 63 range shortens distance intervals to 20,000km.
Three- to five-year service packages are available, costing $2150 and $4560 for the GLC, $2250/$4600 for the AMG GLC43, and $4050/$6850 for the AMG GLC63 S.
- Ambient interior lighting (64 colours)
- Artico leatherette upholstery
- Auto-dimming rear-view mirror
- Black-Ash open-pore wood trim
- Cruise control with variable speed limiter
- Dual-zone climate control with rear vents
- Electrically-adjustable front seats with lumbar
- Floor mats
- Folding rear seats with 40:20:40 split
- Keyless start
- MBUX infotainment system
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
- 10.25-inch central touchscreen
- AM/FM/DAB+ radio
- Mercedes me connect services
- Satellite navigation with live traffic
- Sound system with 4 x speakers and 1 x woofer
- Apple CarPlay/Android Auto (wired)
- Touchpad on centre console
- 19-inch alloy wheels in multi-twin-spoke design, bi-colour
- Agility Control suspension with adaptive damping
- Dynamic Select drive modes
- Aluminium roof rails
- Electric tailgate
- Heated, electric folding mirrors
- LED headlights
GLC300 4Matic adds:
- Wireless phone charger (front)
- 20-inch ‘5 twin-spoke’ alloy wheels, bi-colour
- Aluminium side steps with rubber studs
- Rear privacy glass
- Keyless-go (keyless access)
- Multibeam LED headlights with Adaptive Highbeam Assist Plus
- Driver Assistance Package (see Safety section)
- 4Matic permanent all-wheel drive
GLC300 e 4Matic adds:
- Pre-entry climate control
- Airbody Control air suspension
- Charging cable with Type 2 plug, 4m long
GLC300 4Matic Coupe adds:
- AMG Line Interior
- AMG sports pedals in brushed stainless steel
- AMG floor mats
- Sports steering wheel with flat bottom
- 20-inch AMG ‘5 twin-spoke’ alloy wheels
- AMG Line Exterior package
- Dynamic Body Control suspension with adaptive damping
- Tyre pressure monitoring
AMG GLC43 4Matic adds:
- Burmester surround sound system
- Dashboard upper in Artico leatherette
- Head-up display
- Heated front seats
- Leather upholstery
- Memory function for front seats and side mirrors
- Incl. electric adjustment for headrest, seat cushion and steering wheel
- 20-inch AMG ‘5 twin-spoke’ alloy wheels, bi-colour
- AMG Ride Control air suspension
- AMG Night Package
- AMG front grille
- AMG speed-sensitive sports steering
- Roof rails in black (excl. GLC Coupe)
- Panoramic glass sunroof (GLC SUV)
- Glass sunroof (GLC Coupe)
AMG GLC63 S 4Matic+ adds:
- AMG Performance steering wheel in Nappa leather/Dinamica suede
- AMG steering wheel buttons
- AMG Track Pace
- Air-Balance package with ionisation
- Nappa leather upholstery
- Thermotronic three-zone climate control
- 21-inch AMG multi-spoke alloy wheels in Matt Black with High Sheen rim flange
- AMG front apron in jet wing design with front splitter
- AMG spoiler lip
- AMG rear apron with diffuser fins and diffuser board
- AMG Performance exhaust system (selectable)
- AMG active dynamic engine mount
- Heat and noise-insulating acoustic glass
- AMG electronic rear limited-slip differential
- AMG high-performance braking system
- AMG red-painted brake calipers
- AMG Performance 4Matic+ with fully variable torque distribution
There’s a vast range of single-item options and option packages available, with specific pricing and contents depending on variant.
For the full options list, check the Mercedes-Benz website or speak with your preferred dealer.
Click the images for the full gallery