Subaru’s top-selling mid-size crossover has been given a dash of sportiness for the 2021 model year.
The 2021 Subaru Forester 2.5i Sport has been announced this week, arriving in October from $41,990 plus on-road costs.
While not a replacement for the turbocharged Forester XT of generations past, the Forester 2.5i Sport brings a range of stylistic and equipment enhancements for a more athletic aesthetic.
Key highlights include:
- 18-inch alloy wheels (dark metallic finish)
- LED front fog lights, with black surround
- Black front grille surround and rear garnish
- Front, side and rear under guards with orange highlight
- Roof rails with orange inserts
- Exterior ‘Sport’ badging
- Electric sunroof
- Water repellent grey cloth trim
- Orange highlights – air vents, shift panel
- Orange interior stitching
- Piano black surround for rear armrest cup holders
- Chrome look edge for power window switches
- Internal rear gate lamp (LED)
- Cargo room lamp (LED)
The Forester 2.5i Sport is also available with a new Dark Blue paint option, which is exclusive to this variant.
Beyond the addition of the Sport trim level, Subaru has brought some other minor upgrades to the MY21 Forester line-up.
For starters, the maximum braked towing-capacity has been upped by 300kg to 1800kg for all non-hybrid models, and there’s darkened headlight inserts, as well as a new auto door lock/unlock feature with Collision Detection Unlock function as standard across the range.
Subaru has not announced any changes to pricing at this stage, with the range kicking off at $34,690 for the entry-level Forester 2.5i.
“2.5i Sport AWD is the third variant we have added to the initial four offerings in the current generation and it’s an eye-catching and practical wagon that only enhances Forester’s customer appeal,” said Christian Dinsdale, Subaru Australia managing director.
“We are delighted to offer even more choice in the Forester range.”
“The 300kg increase in towing capacity for non-hybrid variants also represents a significant advance, which will convince a broader set of customers to consider Forester for its practicality across a whole set of parameters,” Dinsdale added.