The 2021 Mazda CX-3 line-up arrives later this month with more equipment, new model variants, and a refreshed range of colour and trim options.
Headlining the changes is the range-wide inclusion of Apple CarPlay and Android Auto as standard with the MZD Connect touchscreen infotainment system, as well as a limited-run 100th Anniversary Special Edition and a new Maxx Sport LE trim level.
- 2021 Mazda CX-3 Neo Sport FWD 6MT: $22,890
- 2021 Mazda CX-3 Neo Sport FWD 6AT: $24,890
- 2021 Mazda CX-3 Maxx Sport FWD 6MT: $24,890
- 2021 Mazda CX-3 Maxx Sport FWD 6AT: $26,890
- 2021 Mazda CX-3 Maxx Sport LE FWD 6AT: $27,640
- 2021 Mazda CX-3 Maxx Sport AWD 6AT: $28,890
- 2021 Mazda CX-3 sTouring FWD 6MT: $29,090
- 2021 Mazda CX-3 sTouring FWD 6AT: $31,090
- 2021 Mazda CX-3 sTouring AWD 6AT: $33,090
- 2021 Mazda CX-3 Akari FWD 6MT: $34,190
- 2021 Mazda CX-3 Akari FWD 6AT: $36,190
- 2021 Mazda CX-3 Akari AWD 6AT: $38,190
- 2021 Mazda CX-3 Akari LE FWD 6AT: $36,690
- 2021 Mazda CX-3 Akari LE AWD 6AT: $38,690
- 2021 Mazda CX-3 100th Anniversary Special Edition FWD 6AT: $37,690
All prices exclude on-road costs
If you’re looking for a more accurate idea of price, head over to the Mazda CX-3 website. You’ll also be able to compare the differences between each of the variants.
Per the 2020 model-year, Australian-delivered Mazda CX-3 models are exclusively powered by a 2.0-litre naturally-aspirated petrol engine, developing 110kW of power at 6000rpm and 195Nm of torque at 2800rpm.
Previously, 1.6-litre and 1.8-litre turbo-diesels were offered as an option, but have been culled from the local range due to low demand.
The Skyactiv-G petrol engine is available with six-speed manual and six-speed automatic transmissions depending on variant, as well as standard front- or optional on-demand all-wheel drive – the latter exclusively available in conjunction with the six-speed auto.
Full engine and drive train specifications can be found on the Mazda CX-3 specs page.
Front-wheel drive manual versions of the CX-3 use a claimed 6.6L/100km on the combined cycle, while auto FWD versions drop that figure slightly to 6.3L/100km.
Meanwhile, automatic all-wheel drive models use a claimed 6.7L/100km combined.
All versions are equipped with idle start/stop technology.
Mazda hasn’t detailed any changes to the CX-3’s dimensions for 2021.
That means the CX-3 should retain its 4275mm length, 1765mm width and 1535mm height, as well as its 2570mm wheelbase.
Luggage capacity for both FWD and AWD models is rated at 264L with all five seats in place, expanding to 1174L with the second row folded.
Braked towing capacity is 1200kg for all models.
You can find detailed exterior and interior dimensions via the Mazda CX-3 specifications page.
The Mazda CX-3 is covered by the Japanese manufacturer’s five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty with roadside assistance for the same period.
Scheduled maintenance is required every 12 months or 10,000km (whichever comes first), with the first five services costing $330, $390, $330, $390 and $330.
Additional items include the cabin air filter ($97) which needs to be replaced every 40,000 kilometres, while brake fluid replacement will add $71 every 24 months or 40,000km.
The Mazda CX-3 wears a 2015-stamped five-star ANCAP safety rating, based on older test criteria.
It managed 36.44 out of 37.00 points, including perfect scores in the Side Impact and Pole tests, and 15.44 out of 16.00 in the Frontal Offset assessment.
For 2021 all models get an upgraded autonomous emergency braking system (4-80km/h for vehicles) which sees the addition of night-time pedestrian detection to the existing daytime function.
Other MY21 upgrades include an auto-dimming rear-view mirror for the Maxx Sport and Maxx Sport LE, as well as auto high-beam and lane departure warning for the sTouring.
Other range-wide safety technology includes a reversing camera with rear parking sensors, as well as dual front, front-side and side curtain airbags.
Maxx Sport variants and above score blind-spot monitoring and rear cross-traffic alert, in addition to automatic headlights.
For features like auto high-beam, lane departure warning, driver attention monitoring and traffic sign recognition, you’ll need to step up to the mid-range sTouring at a minimum, while the Akari models (and 100th Anniversary Special Edition) get adaptive cruise control with stop/go, adaptive headlights and a 360-degree camera system.
CX-3 Neo Sport includes:
- 16-inch steel wheels with 215/60 tyres
- Halogen headlights
- Power-folding exterior mirrors
- Airbags: front and passenger, front sides, front and rear curtains
- Front seats with height adjustment
- Black cloth upholstery
- Rear seats with 60/40 split fold
- Electric parking brake with auto hold function
- 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with wired Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Six-speaker audio system with AM/FM and DAB+
- Bluetooth handsfree phone and audio capability
- Internet radio integration
- Multi-function ‘commander’ control
- Push-button start
- Rear parking sensors
- Reversing camera
- Smart City Brake Support with night time pedestrian recognition
CX-3 Maxx Sport adds:
- 16-inch alloy wheels
- Automatic headlights
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Rear seats with centre fold-down armrest
- Leather-wrapped shifter and steering wheel
- Overhead sunglass storage box
- Climate control air-conditioning
- Satellite navigation
- Rear-view mirror with auto-dimming function
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Rear cross-traffic alert
CX-3 Maxx Sport LE adds:
- Tan Grand Luxe suede-like material and Pure White Maztex leatherette upholstery.
- Unique 16-inch alloy wheels
- Gloss black side mirrors and front grille
CX-3 sTouring adds:
- 18-inch alloy wheels with 215/50 tyres
- Power-folding, heated exterior mirrors
- LED daytime running lights
- LED front fog-lights
- LED headlights
- LED tail lights
- Automatic high-beam
- Black Maztex and black cloth upholstery
- Head-up display (flip-up)
- Keyless entry and start
- Driver attention alert
- Front parking sensors
- Traffic sign recognition
- Lane departure warning
CX-3 Akari adds:
- Power sliding and tilt glass sunroof
- Driver’s seat with two-position memory function and 10-way power adjustment
- Heated front seats
- Black or Pure White leather upholstery
- Adaptive cruise control with stop/go
- Surround-view camera
- Adaptive LED headlights
Akari LE adds:
- Bright-finished alloy wheels
- Dark Russet nappa leather upholstery
- Dark Russet centre console, centre and door armrests with white stitching
- Pure White metallic air vent rings
- Pure White door and dashboard trim inserts
100th Anniversary Special Edition adds:
- Snowflake White Pearl Mica paintwork
- Burgundy leather upholstery with embossed headrests
- Specific badging to body sides, centre caps, key fobs and interior floor mats
- Limited to 70 units
Premium paints add $495, including the new Polymetal Grey Metallic which joins the CX-3 palette for the first time.
Click the images for the full gallery
Mazda have a configurator tool on the official website you can use to build one of these to your own specifications.