The flagship Lexus LC500 range has a new high-end variant.
Fewer than five examples of the 2021 Lexus LC500 and LC500h Inspiration Series are bound for Australian shores, priced from $219,393 and $219,553 respectively.
This isn’t the first Inspiration Series we’ve seen from Lexus, but it is a unique car.
Lexus says it’s inspired by the world of aviation, with a new fixed rear wing, a set of 21-inch forged alloy wheels, and black trim on the exterior.
White Nova, Sonic Silver, and Onyx paint finishes will be offered.
The cabin has also been treated to unique trim finishes.
Beyond the limited-run Inspiration Series, the regular Lexus LC range rolls on unchanged for 2021.
- 2021 Lexus LC500: $194,747
- 2021 Lexus LC500h: $195,165
- 2021 Lexus LC500 Convertible: $214,000
- 2021 Lexus LC500 Inspiration Series: $219,393
- 2021 Lexus LC500h Inspiration Series: $219,553
All prices exclude on-road costs.
The LC500 is powered by a 5.0-litre naturally-aspirated V8, while the LC500h features a 3.5-litre V6 hybrid system.
Outputs for the V8 are 351kW at 7100rpm and 540Nm at 4800rpm, with drive sent to the rear wheels via a 10-speed automatic.
The LC500h features a 3.5-litre naturally-aspirated V6 with 650V Lexus Hybrid Drive.
System power output is 264kW, while the torque figures are listed at 350Nm for the petrol engine and 300Nm for the electric motor.
Shifting gears is a transmission combining four conventional gears with six ‘steps’ in a CVT to offer 10 virtual ratios.
Fuel consumption for the LC500 V8 is rated at 11.6L/100km combined in the coupe and 12.7L/100km in the convertible.
The LC500h uses a claimed 6.7L/100km on the combined cycle.
The Lexus LC is untested by ANCAP and Euro NCAP.
However, there’s a suite of assist and active safety systems to help avoid or minimise a collision.
There’s autonomous emergency braking (AEB) with forward collision warning, all-speed adaptive cruise control, lane keep assist, an active bonnet, blind-spot monitoring with rear cross-traffic alert, reversing camera, and auto high-beam.
Rounding out the safety suite are six airbags (eight in the coupe), including knee inflators for both the driver and front passenger.
The Lexus LC coupe measures 4770mm long, 1920mm wide and 1345mm tall, with a 2870mm wheelbase.
The V8 tips the scales at 1930kg while the LC500h V6 hybrid is 50kg more at 1980kg. The LC500 Convertible weighs in at 2035kg.
There’s 197L of luggage space in the coupe and 149L in the convertible.
The Lexus LC range is covered by a four-year, 100,000km warranty.
Customers also receive a three-year membership to the Lexus Encore Platinum program including capped-price servicing, 24/7 roadside assistance, and “invitations to exclusive dining and hotel partnership offers, and luxury lifestyle experiences”.
The Platinum membership brings access to the Lexus on Demand program (loan a different vehicle) as well as valet parking vouchers for participating shopping centres.
Scheduled maintenance is required every 12 months/15,000km, whichever comes first. Under the Lexus Encore program, the first three visits for the LC cost $595 – equalling $1785 over three years or 45,000km.
Specification for the 2021 Lexus LC500 and LC500h includes:
- Heated steering wheel
- ‘Easy access’ front-seat slide function
- 21-inch forged two-tone alloy wheels (now lighter at the rear)
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Glass roof with interior sun blind
- LED headlights with cornering lights and washers
- Keyless entry and start with ‘smart key card’
- Retractable door handles with illumination
- 8.0-inch digital instrument display with slide-out meter ring
- Colour head-up display
- 10.3-inch navigation system with Lexus Remote Touch-pad controller and SUNA live traffic alerts
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- DAB+, USB and AUX inputs
- 13-speaker 918W Mark Levinson audio system
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Auto-dimming rear-view mirror
- Dual-zone climate control
- Semi-aniline leather-accented seats
- 12-way electric adjustment for driver and front passenger with memory
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Electric steering column adjustment
- Touch-sensitive interior lights
- Sports pedals
- Stainless steel scuff plates
- Active Noise Control
- Drive Mode Select
- Torsen rear limited-slip differential (LC500)
Additionally, a $15,000 Enhancement Pack is available which adds:
- Dynamic rear steering
- Variable gear ratio steering
- Active rear wing
- Alcantara and leather-accented interior
- 10-way power-adjustable front sports seats
- Carbon-fibre roof
- Carbon-fibre scuff plates
- Torsen rear limited-slip differential (LC500h)
The LC500 Inspiration Series gains:
- Fixed rear wing
- 21-inch alloy wheels in gloss black
- Black exterior trim pieces
- Alcantara interior trim, seats, steering wheel, gear shifter
Click the images for the full gallery