BMW’s baby SUV is slightly more expensive for 2021.
The 2021 BMW X1 range starts at $47,900 before on-road costs for the sDrive18i and tops out at $66,900 before on-roads for the top-spec xDrive25i.
Each X1 variant is therefore $1000 more expensive compared to last year.
- 2021 BMW X1 sDrive18i: $47,900 (+$1000)
- 2021 BMW X1 sDrive18d: $53,900 (+$1000)
- 2021 BMW X1 sDrive20i: $55,900 (+$1000)
- 2021 BMW X1 xDrive25i: $66,900 (+$1000)
All prices exclude on-road costs.
If you’re looking to get a more accurate idea of pricing, you can use the official BMW X1 configurator to build and price one in your own specifications.
The entry level 2021 BMW X1 sDrive18i is fitted with a 1.5-litre turbocharged three-cylinder petrol engine which produces 103kW of power and 220Nm of torque.
It’s mated to a seven-speed dual clutch automatic gearbox and BMW claims a 0-100km/h time of 9.6 seconds.
Next in the range is the sDrive18d, which uses a 2.0-litre four-cylinder turbo-diesel engine that produces 110kW and 330Nm.
An eight-speed automatic gearbox is the only option for this model, while the 0-100km/h time is 9.2 seconds.
The sDrive20i is powered by a 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine and produces 141kW of power and 280Nm of torque.
A seven-speed dual clutch automatic helps get the car to 100km/h in 7.6 seconds.
The top of the range xDrive25i has been fitted with a 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine and produces 170kW and 350Nm.
Power is fed through an eight-speed automatic gearbox to all four wheels via BMW’s xDrive all-wheel drive system. The xDrive25i can travel from 0-100km/h in 6.5 seconds.
If you’re looking for more details on the engine specifications, you can find more information within the official BMW X1 brochure.
The 2021 BMW X1 uses 6.4L/100km on the combined cycle in the sDrive18i, 5.3L/100km in the sDrive18d, 6.5L/100km in the sDrive20i and 7.1L/100km in the xDrive25i.
All petrol models require 95RON premium unleaded fuel.
The 2021 BMW X1 is 4439mm long, 1598mm tall, 1821mm wide and has a wheelbase measuring 2670mm.
Luggage capacity for the X1 is 505L with the seats up and 1550L with seats folded down.
BMW offers a Service Inclusive package for the X1 range that covers five years or 80,000km. It’s priced at $1750.
All BMW X1s come with the standard BMW three-year/unlimited-kilometre factory warranty.
The BMW X1 scored a five-star rating from ANCAP safety back in 2015.
It scored 90 per cent for adult occupant protection, 87 per cent for child occupant protection, 74 per cent for pedestrian protection and 70 per cent for safety assist.
Standard safety equipment on all 2021 BMW X1 models includes:
- Autonomous emergency braking with pedestrian detection
- Front, front-side and curtain airbags
- Lane-departure warning
- Adaptive cruise control
- Reversing camera with front and rear parking sensors
- Traffic sign recognition
BMW have further information regarding the safety features available in the X1 which can be found in the official brochure.
The BMW X1 sDrive18i and sDrive18d come standard with the following equipment:
- 8.8-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Satellite navigation
- Apple CarPlay
- DAB+ digital radio
- Six-speaker sound system
- Automatic stop/start
- Tyre repair kit
- Automatic high-beam
- LED headlights
- LED taillights
- Rain-sensing wipers
- 18-inch BMW alloy wheels
- 5.7-inch instrument cluster screen
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- ‘Sensatec’ leatherette upholstery
- USB connection front and rear
- Wireless phone charging
- Semi-autonomous parking assist
The sDrive20i adds:
- 10.25-inch colour navigation display
- Head-up display
- Colour-adjustable ambient lighting
- Door handle lighting
- Dual exhaust outlets
- Comfort Access keyless entry
- Hands-free power tailgate
- Power-adjustable front seats with memory
- Heated front seats
- Dual-zone climate control
- Paddle shifters
The xDrive25i adds:
- M Sports steering
- xDrive all-wheel drive system
- 19-inch alloy wheels
- ‘Dakota’ leather upholstery
The $2700 M Sport Package is optional on all models and includes:
- BMW Shadow Line exterior trim
- Front LED fog lights
- M Sport suspension
- M Aerodynamics Package
- M leather-wrapped steering wheel with multifunction buttons
- Front sports seats
- Black kidney grille
- LED fibre optics in door trims
- 18-inch Ferric Grey alloy wheels (sDrive18i, 18d and 20i)
- 19-inch two-tone alloy wheels (xDrive25i)
The $4700 M Sport Plus Package is available for cars already specified with the M Sport Package and includes:
- M Sport brakes with blue calipers
- Adaptive Suspension
- M Seat belts
- BMW High-Gloss Shadow Line exterior trim including gloss black kidney grille surround and black chrome exhaust outlet finishes
Other option packages that are available include the Enhancement Package ($3500) which includes:
- Panoramic glass sunroof
- Metallic paint
- HiFi loudspeaker system (xDrive25i only)
- 19-inch Orbit Grey alloy wheels (sDrive18i, 18d and 20i models only)
The Drivers Assistant Package is a $1100 extra and will give you:
- Tyre-pressure monitoring
- Adaptive LED headlights
The Convenience Package sets you back $2300 and adds:
- Rear seat adjustment
- Power tailgate (sDrive18i, 18d only)
- Automatic air-conditioning (sDrive18i, 18d only)
The Comfort Package costs $2900 and includes:
- Comfort Access keyless entry
- Power front seats with memory
- Heated front seats
MORE: BMW X1 news and reviews