Audi is introducing its smallest sporty SUV to Australia.
The 2021 Audi SQ2 arrives locally in May, packing a turbocharged 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine with 221kW of power and 400Nm of torque.
Priced at $64,400 before on-road costs, it’ll wear a price tag just $200 higher than that of the current Audi S3 Sportback and $1400 less than the S3 sedan – both of which will be replaced by a new generation before the end of 2021.
Its belated arrival coincides with a facelift for the Q2 line, albeit one that isn’t as extensive as other recent Audi facelifts.
For example, the MMI infotainment system retains a rotary dial controller instead of adding touch functionality, and doesn’t move to the latest interface.
The regular Q2 is set to launch in the second quarter of this year. We’ve contacted Audi Australia for more specific launch timing.
At this price point and with its outputs, it has little in the way of direct competition.
- 2021 Audi SQ2: $64,400
Price excludes on-road costs.
The 2021 Audi SQ2 is powered by a 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder engine producing 221kW of power and 400Nm of torque.
It’s mated to a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission and all-wheel drive.
The 0-100km/h sprint takes 4.9 seconds.
The 2021 Audi SQ2 uses 7.7L/100km on the combined cycle.
The 2021 Audi SQ2 measures 4216mm long, 1802mm wide and 1495mm tall.
It has 355L of luggage space, expanding to 1000L with the rear seats folded.
All Audi models are covered by a three-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty.
A five-year service plan is available for the SQ2, priced at $2540.
The Audi SQ2 doesn’t have a rating from ANCAP, though the related Q2 has a five-star rating based on testing conducted in 2016.
The SQ2 comes standard with the following safety equipment:
- Autonomous emergency braking with pedestrian and cyclist detection
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Lane-keeping assist
- Front, front-side and curtain airbags
- Adaptive cruise control with stop/go
- Reversing camera with front and rear parking sensors
The 2021 Audi SQ2 comes standard with the following features:
- 8.3-inch infotainment system with satellite navigation
- Wired Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- DAB+ digital radio
- Qi wireless phone charging
- 12.3-inch Virtual Cockpit digital instrument cluster
- 14-speaker 705W Bang & Olufsen sound system
- Matrix LED headlights with dynamic indicators
- Automatic high-beam
- Semi-autonomous parking assist
- Keyless entry and start
- Power tailgate
- Heated front sports seats
- Nappa leather upholstery
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Colour-adjustable ambient lighting
- Dual-zone climate control
- 19-inch alloy wheels
- Sports suspension
- Black exterior package
- Red brake calipers
- Quad exhaust outlets
- Panoramic sunroof
- Privacy glass
Click the images for the full gallery