The 2020 Toyota Land Cruiser 200 is available in four variants with pricing ranging from $80,190 before on-road costs for the GX to $91,890 before on-roads for the Sahara.
The 200 Series Land Cruiser made its global debut in 2007, and continues to sell well after two updates.
It dominates the upper-large SUV segment under $100,000 with a market share close to 86 per cent. The petrol Nissan Patrol is the only rival for the LandCruiser, however.
- 2020 Toyota Land Cruiser GX: $80,190
- 2020 Toyota Land Cruiser GXL: $91,890
- 2020 Toyota Land Cruiser VX: $91,890
- 2020 Toyota Land Cruiser Sahara: $123,590
All prices exclude on-road costs
The Toyota LandCruiser 200 is available with a 4.5-litre turbo-diesel V8 with 200kW and 650Nm.
It’s matched with a six-speed automatic and full-time four-wheel drive with a limited-slip centre differential as standard.
The 2020 Toyota Land Cruiser 200 uses 9.5L/100km on the combined cycle.
With a 93L main fuel tank and a 45L reserve tank as standard, the LandCruiser has a combined fuel capacity of 138L.
The LandCruiser 200 measures 4990mm long, 1970mm tall and 1980mm wide, with a 2850mm wheelbase.
The kerb weight of the LandCruiser 200 starts at 2640kg for the LandCruiser GX and extends to 2740kg for the Sahara.
The Toyota LandCruiser has an ANCAP rating of five stars.
Standard safety features on the LandCruiser include crawl control and off-road turn assist, stability and traction control, and hill start assist.
Higher grades are available with blind-spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert, parking sensors, reversing camera, autonomous emergency braking, lane-departure warning, and adaptive cruise control.
The LandCruiser 200 GX comes with the following standard features:
- Five seats
- Rear barn doors
- 17-inch steel wheels
- Vinyl floor covers
- 60/40 split-folding second row
- Air intake with pre-cleaner and snorkel
- Cruise control
- 6.1-inch touchscreen
- 4-speaker sound system
- Satellite navigation
- Crawl control and off-road turn assist
- Stability and traction control
- Hill start assist
- Luggage tie down hooks
- Engine immobiliser
Moving up to the Land Cruiser 200 GXL brings:
- Eight seats
- 50/50 split side-folding third row
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- LED headlights
- Front fog lights
- Privacy glass
- Side steps
- Lift-up tailgate
- Leatherette steering wheel
- Keyless entry and start
- Dual-zone climate control
- 220V rear power socket
- 4.2-inch multi-information display
- DAB+ digital radio
- Six-speaker audio system
- Reversing camera
- Front and rear parking sensors
Step into the Land Cruiser 200 VX and you gain:
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Leather-accented interior
- Faux woodgrain trim
- Electric driver and front passenger seat
- Seven seats
- 40/20/40 split-fold second row
- Four-zone climate control
- Adaptive reversing guide lines
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Surround-view monitor
- Self-dimming mirrors
- 9.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Nine-speaker audio system
- Multi-terrain selector
- Kinetic Dynamic Suspension System
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Rear cross-traffic alert
The range-topping Land Cruiser 200 Sahara also features:
- Powered tailgate
- Ventilated front seats
- Heated front and outboard second-row seats
- Memory setting for driver’s seat
- Cool box
- Rear seat entertainment system with two 11.6-inch screens
- Leatherette and faux woodgrain steering wheel
- Lane-departure warning
- Autonomous emergency braking with pedestrian detection
- Automatic high beam
- Adaptive cruise control
The 2020 Toyota Land Cruiser offers $300 capped price services, and maintenance is required every six months or 10,000km.