The 2020 Kia Sportage range starts at $28,190 before on-road costs for the base Sportage S manual, topping out at $47,690 before on-road costs for the range-topping Sportage GT-Line AWD diesel. Kia regularly does drive-away offers, however.
The Sportage is in its fourth generation and rivals popular mid-size SUVs like the Toyota RAV-4, Nissan X-Trail and Mazda CX-5.
- 2020 Kia Sportage S manual: $28,190 ($28,990 drive-away)
- 2020 Kia Sportage S auto: $30,190 ($29,990 drive-away)
- 2020 Kia Sportage S diesel auto: $35,590 ($36,990 drive-away)
- 2020 Kia Sportage SX manual: $30,290 ($31,490 drive-away)
- 2020 Kia Sportage SX auto: $32,290 ($32,490 drive-away)
- 2020 Kia Sportage SX diesel auto: $37,690 ($39,490 drive-away)
- 2020 Kia Sportage SX Plus auto: $37,490 ($39,490 drive-away)
- 2020 Kia Sportage SX Plus diesel auto: $42,890 ($44,990 drive-away)
- 2020 Kia Sportage GT-Line auto: $44,790 ($46,490 drive-away)
- 2020 Kia Sportage GT-Line diesel auto: $47,690 ($49,490 drive-away)
The 2020 Kia Sportage range comes with a choice of three powertrains.
The Sportage S, SX and SX Plus come standard with front-wheel drive and a naturally-aspirated 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine producing 114kW and 192Nm. It’s mated to either a six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission, though the manual isn’t available in the SX Plus.
Optional across those three trim levels and the range-topping Sportage GT-Line is a 2.0-litre turbo-diesel four-cylinder engine producing 136kW and 400Nm. All diesel models come exclusively with all-wheel drive and an eight-speed automatic transmission.
The Sportage GT-Line’s standard engine is a naturally-aspirated 2.4-litre four-cylinder engine producing 135kW and 237Nm. It’s available only with all-wheel drive and a six-speed automatic transmission.
The 2020 Kia Sportage, when equipped with the standard 2.0-litre four-cylinder, consumes 7.9L/100km on the ADR combined city and highway cycle in both manual and automatic guise.
The 2020 Kia Sportage GT-Line, when equipped with the 2.4-litre petrol four, consumes 8.5L/100km.
Both petrol engines need only 91RON regular unleaded fuel and can run on E10.
The optional 2.0-litre turbo-diesel uses 6.4L/100km on the ADR combined city and highway cycle.
The 2020 Kia Sportage measures 4485mm long, 1655mm tall (including the roof rails) and 1855mm wide.
The Sportage’s total luggage space is 466L, increasing to 1455L with the rear seats folded.
When the Kia Sportage was tested by ANCAP in 2016, it received a rating of five stars.
That rating was based on a frontal offset score of 13.62 out of 16 and a side impact score of 16 out of 16. Whiplash and pedestrian protection were rated Good and Acceptable, respectively.
All 2020 Kia Sportage models come standard with lane-keeping assist, anti-lock brakes, front, front side and curtain airbags and autonomous emergency braking with forward-collision warning.
The 2020 Kia Sportage range comes in four trim levels.
The base Sportage S comes with the following standard features:
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Reversing camera with rear parking sensors
- Rain-sensing wipers
- 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
The Sportage SX adds the following standard features:
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Front parking sensors (auto models only)
- Eight-speaker JBL Premium sound system
- 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and satellite navigation
The Sportage SX Plus adds the following standard features:
- Proximity entry with push-button start
- Leather seats
- 10-way power driver’s seat
- Power tailgate
The Sportage GT-Line adds the following features:
- 19-inch alloy wheels
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Intelligent parking assist
- LED front fog lights
- LED headlights
- Eight-way power passenger’s seat
- Panoramic sunroof
- Adaptive cruise control
- Qi wireless phone charging
- Flat-bottomed steering wheel
- Paddle shifters
- Heated and ventilated front seats
All 2020 Kia Sportage models require servicing every 12 months or 15,000km, whichever comes first.
Kia offers seven years of capped-price servicing in addition to its seven-year, unlimited kilometre warranty.
When equipped with the base 2.0-litre petrol four, the Sportage has an average cost per service of $401.
With the 2.4-litre petrol four, the Sportage’s average cost per service increases to $420, while the 2.0-litre turbo-diesel models have an average service cost of $530.