Volkswagen Australia is gearing up to once again increase the asking prices on most of its passenger cars as of June 1.
“Unfortunately due to global increases in production, supplier and transport costs, certain models will have an increased RRP from June 1, 2022,” said a Volkswagen Australia spokesperson in a statement.
“We strive to ensure that any cost increase is absorbed or – where it cannot be – kept to a minimum.”
The Volkswagen Australia spokesperson also noted any orders taken before June 1 will be “price protected”, which in other words means buyers will be guaranteed to get the older pricing.
Volkswagen increased the list prices on most of its models in September 2021 when models gained DAB+ digital radio, and again in January 2022.
One of the smaller price rises for this round is the T-Cross light SUV. Both models in its range received an increase of $900, meaning the range now starts at $30,750 before on-road costs for the T-Cross 85TSI Life.
The vehicle with the largest price increase is the Touareg 210TDI R-Line, which has had its price rise by $3600. This model now starts at $116,290 before on-road costs.
Models that aren’t included in this particular round of price rises are the updated Polo and Tiguan Allspace ranges, both of which are due in Volkswagen dealers during May 2022, as well as the updated T-Roc range due in August.
The high-performance Golf R and Tiguan R aren’t affected by this price increase, nor is Volkswagen’s commercial range of vehicles which includes the Amarok ute.
Volkswagen isn’t alone in raising the prices on the majority of its range. BMW recently upped the prices on most of its models, and brands such as Audi, Mercedes-Benz, Isuzu, Jeep, Kia, Skoda, MG and GWM Haval have done similar in the past.
The updated June 2022 pricing for the Volkswagen Golf, Passat, Passat Alltrack, Arteon, T-Cross, Tiguan and Touareg is as follows:
- 2022 Volkswagen Golf Wagon: $36,390 (+$1900)
- 2022 Volkswagen Golf Life hatch: $36,990 (+$1700)
- 2022 Volkswagen Golf Wagon Life: $38,990 (+$1700)
- 2022 Volkswagen Golf R-Line hatch: $39,990 (+$1500)
- 2022 Volkswagen Golf GTI hatch: $54,990 (+$500)
- 2022 Volkswagen Passat 162TSI Elegance wagon: $57,690
- 2022 Volkswagen Passat 206TSI R-Line wagon: $67,690
Volkswagen Passat Alltrack:
- 2022 Volkswagen Passat Alltrack 162TSI: $50,690 (+$1700)
- 2022 Volkswagen Passat Alltrack 162TSI Premium: $62,690 (+$1700)
- 2022 Volkswagen Arteon 140TSI Elegance liftback: $63,640 (+$1900)
- 2022 Volkswagen Arteon 140TSI Elegance Shooting Brake: $65,640 (+$1900)
- 2022 Volkswagen Arteon 206 TSI R-Line sedan: $71,240 (+$2500)
- 2022 Volkswagen Arteon 206TSI R-Line Shooting Brake: $73,240 (+$2500)
- 2022 Volkswagen T-Cross 85TSI Life: $30,750 (+$900)
- 2022 Volkswagen T-Cross 85TSI Style: $33,750 (+$900)
- 2022 Volkswagen Tiguan 110TSI Life: $42,690 (+$1200)
- 2022 Volkswagen Tiguan 132TSI Life: $46,690 (+$1200)
- 2022 Volkswagen Tiguan 162TSI Elegance: $54,490 (+$1500)
- 2022 Volkswagen Tiguan 147TDI Elegance: $55,990 (+$1500)
- 2022 Volkswagen Tiguan 162TSI R-Line: $57,690 (+$1700)
- 2022 Volkswagen Tiguan 147TDI R-Line: $59,190 (+$1700)
- 2022 Volkswagen Touareg 170TDI: $87,990 (+$3000)
- 2022 Volkswagen Touareg 210TDI Elegance: $106,990 (+$3300)
- 2022 Volkswagen Touareg 210TDI R-Line: $116,290 (+$3600)
All prices are before on-road costs.