BMW is bringing just five examples of its X6 Black Vermillion Edition to Australia, priced at $208,900 drive-away.
That’s around $20,000 more than the X6 M50i it’s based on, although the special includes more equipment, beyond that lurid vermillion-coloured grille.
It’s available to reserve via the online BMW Shop from today for a $5000 fee.
It has a bit of a stealth look to it – as much as a 2.2-tonne SUV can do – apart from its bright red grille.
BMW has finished the car in Individual Frozen Black, with 22-inch M light alloy wheels finished in Orbit Grey.
It also features darkened exterior elements like privacy glass and lighting with BMW’s Shadow Line treatment – effectively, headlights with darkened internal elements.
High-gloss red M Sport brakes add a pop of colour and tie in with that grille, with its slats also finished in high-gloss red.
Just in case you miss it, the grille also features BMW’s Iconic Glow illumination.
Specification highlights for the X6 Black Vermillion Edition also include:
- BMW Individual Full Leather Merino upholstery – black with red contrast stitching
- Skylounge panoramic glass roof
- Anthracite Alcantara headliner
- Ventilated front Comfort Seats
- CraftedClarity glass iDrive controller, automatic transmission shifter, and stop/start button
- Anthracite velour floor mats
- BMW Individual ‘Fineline Black’ interior trim with aluminium inserts
- Edition Black Vermillion centre console badge
The powertrain is unchanged from the standard M50i. It uses a twin-turbocharged 4.4-litre V8 engine producing 390kW of power and 750Nm of torque.
BMW claims a 0-100km/h time of 4.3 seconds.
It has yet to confirm local availability for the X5 Black Vermillion, while the X7 has subsequently received a substantial mid-life update.
MORE: Everything BMW X6