The Mitsubishi Outlander has seen some minor tweaks for 2024 as well as price increases across the range.
Update, 9/10/2023: Mitsubishi has provided updated MY24 Outlander pricing which has increased by up to $61. We have reflected this in the Servicing and Warranty section of this article.
Mitsubishi has increased prices across the entire Outlander range by up to $800 with the plug-in hybrid models seeing the biggest increase.
While the Black Edition has become a permanent member of the Outlander family, the brand has said goodbye to the petrol-powered, five-seat ES AWD.
Automatic headlights are now standard on the base ES, while the Outlander’s rear fog lamp now uses LEDs.
There’s a new rear seat alert function across the range, which detects rear door use upon entry and can notify the driver with either an instrument cluster message or horn notification when they’re exiting the vehicle.
A Graphite Grey metallic finish joins the exterior colour palette, and is available across the range. This can also be combined with a Black Mica roof on the Exceed Tourer, which can also now be had in Black Diamond with a Sterling Silver roof
- 2024 Mitsubishi Outlander ES 5-seat: $37,740 (+$500)
- 2024 Mitsubishi Outlander LS: $41,240 (+$500)
- 2024 Mitsubishi Outlander Black Edition: $42,990 (+$500)
- 2024 Mitsubishi Outlander LS AWD: $43,740 (+$500)
- 2024 Mitsubishi Outlander Aspire: $44,840 (+$600)
- 2024 Mitsubishi Outlander Aspire AWD: $47,340 (+$600)
- 2024 Mitsubishi Outlander Exceed AWD: $52,640 (+$650)
- 2024 Mitsubishi Outlander Exceed Tourer AWD: $55,190 (+$700)
- 2024 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV ES AWD 5-seat: $57,290 (+$800)
- 2024 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Aspire AWD 5-seat: $63,790 (+$800)
- 2024 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Exceed AWD: $69,290 (+$800)
- 2024 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Exceed Tourer AWD: $71,790 (+$800)
All prices exclude on-road costs.
Powering the 2024 Mitsubishi Outlander petrol range is a 2.5-litre naturally aspirated four-cylinder petrol engine producing 135kW of power and 244Nm of torque.
This is mated to a continuously-variable transmission (CVT) with eight pre-programmed steps to mimic a conventional automatic. Drive is sent either to the front wheels only or through an all-wheel drive system.
Outlander PHEV models are powered by a plug-in hybrid powertrain consisting of an Atkinson cycle 98kW 2.4-litre four-cylinder petrol engine, twin electric motors and a 20.0kWh lithium-ion battery pack, producing total system outputs of 185kW of power and 450Nm of torque.
This is mated to a single-speed transaxle with drive sent through an all-wheel drive system.
Claimed combined cycle fuel economy for the 2024 Mitsubishi Outlander petrol range is below:
- ES FWD five-seat: 7.5L/100km
- LS FWD: 7.7L/100km
- Black Edition FWD: 7.7L/100km
- LS AWD: 8.1L/100km
- Aspire FWD: 7.7L/100km
- Aspire AWD: 8.1L/100km
- Exceed AWD: 8.1L/100km
- Exceed Tourer AWD: 8.1L/100km
The Outlander PHEV has a claimed pure electric driving range of 84km according to lenient NEDC testing, and claimed combined fuel consumption of 1.5L/100km.
PHEV models have a Type 2 charging port for AC charging and a CHAdeMO charging port for DC fast-charging.
Mitsubishi claims that charging from 0-100 per cent using a DC rapid charger takes 38 minutes, whereas charging from 0-100 per cent using a 10A AC charger takes 9.5 hours.
Petrol models have a 55L fuel tank, while PHEV models have a 56L. Both can consume 91 RON regular unleaded petrol.
The PHEV range includes Mitsubishi’s Dendo Drive House, a bi-directional charging system that allows you to recharge and discharge energy from the car’s 20kWh battery.
This allows you to send back into the grid (Vehicle-to-Grid) or power a home or other property not connected to the grid (Vehicle-to-Home).
All bar the base ES also include Vehicle-to-Load capability, with a pair of 1500W, 240V three-pin outlets that provide an AC power supply to run, for example, small appliances while you’re out camping.
The 2024 Mitsubishi Outlander measures in at 4710mm long, 1862mm wide, and 1740mm tall, with a 2706mm wheelbase.
Models with 20-inch alloy wheels are slightly taller at 1745mm.
Five-seat petrol models have a full-size spare wheel and a boot capacity of 485L with all the seats upright. This expands to 1466L with the second row folded.
Five-seat PHEV models have a tyre repair kit and a boot capacity of 494L with all the seats upright. This expands to 1414L with the second row folded.
Seven-seat petrol models have a space saver spare wheel, and a claimed 163L with all three rows of seats upright. This expands to 478L with the third-row seats folded, and 1461L with the second row folded as well.
Seven-seat PHEV models have a tyre repair kit and a claimed 191L with all three rows of seats upright. This expands to 461L with the third-row seats folded, and 1387L with the second row folded.
Braked towing capacity for the range is 1600kg, with unbraked towing capacity being 750kg.
The 2024 Mitsubishi Outlander is covered by a five-year, 100,000km warranty as standard, that can be extended to 10 years and 200,000km if you service within Mitsubishi’s dealer network using its capped-price service program.
Full terms and conditions of Mitsubishi’s 10 year warranty can be found on its website.
All vehicles are sold with 12 months of roadside assist, which can be extended for up to four years when the vehicle is serviced at an authorised Mitsubishi dealer.
Compared to last year, service pricing has increased.
Logbook service is required 15,000km or 12 months and the first ten services are capped at the following:
|Service||Petrol models||PHEV models|
|12 months/15,000km||$320 (+$21)||$349|
|24 months/30,000km||$370 (+$21)||$449 (+$50)|
|36 months/45,000km||$320 (+$21)||$399 (+$50)|
|48 months/60,000km||$370(+$21)||$449 (+50)|
|60 months/75,000km||$320 (+$21)||$399 (+$50)|
|72 months/90,000km||$680 (+$31)||$799 (+$50)|
|84 months/105,000km||$360 (+$61)||$449|
|96 months/120,000km||$680 (+$31)||$799 (+$50)|
|108 months/135,000km||$360 (+$61)||$449 (+50)|
|120 months/150,000km||$560(-$239)||$899 (+$50)|
The Mitsubishi Outlander and Outlander PHEV have a five-star ANCAP safety rating based on testing conducted in 2022.
They received an adult occupant protection rating of 83 per cent, a child occupant protection rating of 92 per cent, a vulnerable road user protection rating of 81 per cent, and a safety assist rating of 83 per cent.
The 2024 Mitsubishi Outlander range comes standard with the following standard safety features:
- Eight airbags
- Autonomous emergency braking (AEB)
- Rear AEB
- Forward collision warning
- Moving object detection
- Lane departure warning
- Lane-keep assist
- Emergency lane assist
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Adaptive cruise control
- Driver attention alert
- Traffic sign recognition
- Rear-view camera
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Rear seat alert function (NEW)
Further up the range, the Outlander Exceed and Exceed Tourer petrol and PHEV models pick up Mitsubishi’s MI-PILOT driving assistant.
This adds Traffic Jam Assist (adaptive cruise control that re-engages after a complete stop), lane-keep assist (using steering control assistance rather than wheel braking), and speed limit assist (adaptive cruise control that matches the Outlander to the indicated speed limit).
The steering wheel in these grades features touch sensors to handle MI-PILOT engagement, and will disengage the system when the driver’s grip is not detected, when indicators are on, or when windscreen wipers are continuously operated at their highest speed.
Mitsubishi now offers automatic headlights as standard across the range.
The 2024 Mitsubishi Outlander ES comes standard with the following features:
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Automatic headlights (NEW)
- Automatic high-beam
- LED headlights
- Full-size alloy spare wheel (Petrol only)
- Tyre repair kit (PHEV only)
- 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- 9.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system (PHEV only)
- 7.0-inch digital instrument cluster
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster (PHEV only)
- Wireless Apple CarPlay (PHEV only)
- Wired Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- DAB+ digital radio
- Cruise control
- Six-speaker sound system
- Two USB inputs
- Dual-zone climate control
- Five drive modes including Normal, Eco, Tarmac, Gravel, Snow (petrol only)
- Six drive modes including all five petrol drive modes + EV mode (PHEV only)
- Electric parking brake
- Auto hold with memory
- Keyless start
- Paddle shifters
- Driver side window one-touch up/down
- Five seats
- Cloth seat upholstery
- Driver’s seat manual adjustment with manual lumbar support
- Front passenger’s seat manual adjustment
- Second row recline adjustment
- Rear seat alert function (NEW)
- Mode 3 charging cable (PHEV only)
- Mode 2 AC charging cable (PHEV only)
The LS removes the full-size spare wheel and adds the following:
- Space-saver spare wheel
- Rain-sensing wipers
- LED front fog lights
- Privacy glass
- Silver roof rails
- 9.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Wireless Apple CarPlay
- Satellite navigation
- Wireless phone charger
- Two rear USB ports
- Keyless entry
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Leather-wrapped shifter
- Auto-dimming rear-view mirror
- Seven seats
- Second-row slide and recline adjustment
The Black Edition removes the roof rails and adds the following:
- 20-inch black alloy wheels
- Black front and rear bumper
- Black door mirrors
- Black grille
- Black headlining
- Black gearshift panel
- Microsuede seat upholstery with synthetic leather bolsters
- Six-way power driver’s seat with electric lumbar support
- B and C-pillar garnishes
- Heated front seats
The Aspire adds the following over the LS:
- 20-inch two-tone alloy wheels
- LED headlights with automatic levelling
- Adaptive Driving Beam
- Power tailgate
- Head-up display
- Surround-view camera
- Five seats (PHEV only)
- Microsuede seat upholstery with synthetic leather bolster
- Six-way power driver’s seat with electric lumbar support
- Heated front seats
- 240V/1500W power outlets (PHEV only)
The Exceed adds:
- Front LED sequential indicators
- Panoramic sunroof with front tilt/slide
- Hands-free power tailgate
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
- 10-speaker Bose premium sound system
- Tri-zone climate control
- Pull-up rear door sunshades
- Illuminated front door trims
- Aluminium gearshift trim panel
- Heated steering wheel
- Leather upholstery (black or grey)
- Six-way power front passenger’s seat with electric lumbar support
- Front seat memory
- MI-PILOT driving assistant
- Traffic Jam Assist
- Lane Keep Assist (steering control assistance)
- Speed Limit Assistance
The top-of-the-range Exceed Tourer adds:
- Two-tone exterior paint
- Front seat massage function
- Two-tone leather upholstery
- Rear seat heating
The 2024 Mitsubishi Outlander and Outlander PHEV are available in the following exterior paint colours, depending on the trim level:
- White Diamond metallic
- Sterling Silver metallic
- Graphite Grey metallic
- Red Diamond premium
- Cosmic Blue pearl
- Black Diamond premium
- Deep Bronze/Black Diamond (Exceed Tourer only)
- Black Mica/White Diamond (Exceed Tourer only)
- Sterling Silver/Black Mica (Exceed Tourer only)
- Graphite Grey/Black Mica (Exceed Tourer only)
- Black Diamond/Sterling Silver (Exceed Tourer only)
Premium colours cost $940 while metallic and pearl options cost $740. White and all Exceed Tourer colour options are no cost.