BMW has priced the hottest versions of its new XM plug-in hybrid performance SUV ahead of a local launch in the fourth quarter of 2023.
The BMW XM Label Red is priced from $344,200 before on-road costs, with the XM Label Red Edition starting at $349,900 before on-roads.
The Label Red models use a more powerful version of the XM’s twin-turbocharged V8 plug-in hybrid powertrain with total system outputs of 550kW and 1000Nm, up 70kW and 200Nm on the standard XM.
The 0-100km/h time has been slashed from 4.3 seconds to just 3.8s.
That’s largely due to a more powerful V8 engine with 430kW and 750Nm, up 100Nm over the standard XM’s engine.
The Label Red Edition is a limited-run model, with just 500 vehicles to be produced globally. 30 of these are coming to Australia, finished in BMW Individual Frozen Carbon Black metallic with a waistline accent finished in Toronto Red.
The effect is like Starsky & Hutch’s Ford Gran Torino meets The A-Team’s van, with red accents also found on the frame of the double-kidney grille and on the rear diffuser.
The 22-inch alloy wheels are finished in Jet Black with Red accenting, too, while inside the Merino leather upholstery is finished in Fiona Red and Black.
A 1 of 500 plaque also adorns the cabin.
- 2024 BMW XM Label Red: $344,200
- 2024 BMW XM Label Red Edition: $349,900
All prices exclude on-road costs.
The BMW XM Label Red and Label Red Edition use a twin-turbocharged 4.4-litre petrol V8, mated with a synchronous electric motor and a 25.7kWh lithium-ion battery.
The powertrain is mated with an eight-speed automatic transmission and a rear-biased M xDrive all-wheel drive system. There’s an electronically controlled locking rear differential.
Total system outputs are 550kW of power and 1000Nm of torque, with a claimed 0-100km/h time of 3.8 seconds.
The BMW XM Label Red and Label Red Edition have a claimed 83km of electric range under the stricter WLTP cycle.
Combined fuel consumption is 1.6-1.7L/100km under WLTP testing, with an ADR figure not yet available.
The BMW XM measures 5110mm long, 2005mm wide and 1755mm tall on a 3105mm wheelbase.
BMW will include a five-year BMW Service Inclusive package with the XM.
All BMWs sold in Australia are backed by a five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty.
The BMW XM has yet to be assessed by ANCAP or Euro NCAP.
The following safety equipment is standard:
- Autonomous emergency braking
- Front and rear cross-traffic alert
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Driving Assistant Professional
- Adaptive cruise control with stop/go
- Steering and Lane Control Assistant
- Automatic speed limit assist
- Parking Assistant Plus
- Reversing Assistant
- Front and rear parking sensors
- 3D surround-view camera
The XM Label Red comes standard with the following equipment:
- 22-inch light-alloy wheels (Jet Black with Solid Jet Black burnished finish)
- High-gloss Shadowline side accent band, kidney grille frame, rear diffuser insert
- BMW Individual metallic paint
- BMW Iconic Glow illuminated grille surround
- Adaptive M suspension professional
- Active Roll Control
- Integral Active Steering
- Six-piston, fixed-caliper front brakes
- Single-piston, floating-caliper rear brakes
- Tyre pressure monitoring
- Hands-free power tailgate
- M Multifunction front seats
- Merino leather upholstery in Black/Fiona Red
- Carbon-fibre interior trim with red and blue M accents
- Ventilated, massaging and power-adjustable front seats with memory
- Heated front and rear seats
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- 14.9-inch touchscreen infotainment system running iDrive 8
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
- Head-up display
- Gesture control
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- DAB digital radio
- 20-speaker 1500W Bowers & Wilkins Diamond surround sound system
- Wireless phone charger
- BMW Digital Key Plus
- BMW IconicSounds Electric
- Gesture control
- Soft-close doors
- Keyless entry and start
- Wireless phone charger
- Four-zone climate control
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Heated and cooled front cup holders
- Travel & Comfort System
- Heat Comfort Pack
The XM Label Red Edition adds:
- 22-inch light-alloy wheels (Jet Black with Red accent)
- M compound braking system with red high-gloss calipers
- Toronto Red kidney frame surround and rear diffuser insert
The XM Label Red is also available with the following no-cost options:
- 23-inch light-alloy wheels (Jet Black with Solid Jet Black burnished finish)
- 23-inch light-alloy wheels (Night Gold accent, Black with Night Gold burnished finish)
- M compound braking system with black high-gloss calipers
- Toronto Red side accent band
BMW says more than 50 BMW Individual paint finishes will be available on the Label Red, including Urban Green, Petrol Mica metallic, Anglesey Green metallic, and Sepia metallic.
MORE: Everything BMW XM