The BMW XM, the M division’s new bespoke plug-in hybrid SUV flagship, will arrive in the first half of 2023 priced from $297,900 before on-road costs.
An even more expensive, more powerful Label Red flagship will follow later in 2023, with pricing and specifications to be announced closer to launch.
This model will boast total system outputs of 550kW and 1000Nm, up 70kW and 200Nm on the standard XM.
- 2023 BMW XM: $297,900
Price excludes on-road costs.
Powering the BMW XM is a twin-turbocharged 4.4-litre V8 plug-in hybrid powertrain mating a 145kW/280Nm electric motor and 360kW/650Nm engine for total system outputs of 480kW and 800Nm.
The electric motor is integrated into the eight-speed automatic transmission. Power in the XM is sent to the road via an M xDrive rear-biased all-wheel drive system.
BMW claims a 0-100km/h time of 4.3 seconds.
Fuel consumption for the BMW XM has yet to be confirmed.
The XM has a 25.7kWh battery, with an electric-only range of 82-88km on the WLTP cycle. It can be charged on AC power at up to 7.4kW.
The 2023 BMW XM measures 5110mm long, 2005mm wide and 1755mm tall on a 3105mm wheelbase.
It has 220mm of ground clearance.
BMW will include a five-year BMW Service Inclusive package with the XM.
All BMWs sold in Australia are backed by a three-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty.
The BMW XM has yet to be tested by ANCAP or Euro NCAP.
Standard safety equipment will include:
- Autonomous emergency braking
- Adaptive cruise control with stop/go
- Steering and Lane Control Assistant
- Automatic speed limit assist
- 3D surround-view camera
Standard equipment on the XM will include:
- Metallic paint
- 22-inch M Light alloy wheels
- Tyre pressure monitoring
- BMW Iconic Glow illuminated grille surround
- ‘Night Gold’ exterior trim
- Mode 2 fast charge cable
- Mode 3 public charging cable
- BMW IconicSounds electric
- Variable exhaust
- Active Roll Control
- Integral Active Steering
- Adaptive suspension
- M Sport Differential
- Soft-close doors
- Keyless entry and start
- Ambient lighting
- Carbon-fibre interior trim
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Merino leather upholstery
- M Multifunction front seats
- Heated, ventilated and massaging front seats
- Heated M Lounge rear seats
- Heated and cooled front cupholders
- Four-zone climate control
- 14.9-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
- Head-up display
- Gesture Control
- Wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- DAB digital radio
- 20-speaker 1500W Bowers & Wilkins Diamond surround sound system
- Wireless phone charger
- BMW Digital Key Plus
23-inch alloy wheels and M High Gloss Shadow Line exterior trim will be no-cost options.