A replacement for the Audi A4 is around the corner, but the outgoing model has received a longer list of standard equipment for the 2024 model year
Excluding the hot S4 and hotter RS4, there are just four A4 models on offer: two sedans, one Avant wagon, and one high-riding allroad wagon. The lattermost is available exclusively with diesel power for 2024.
All models now come standard with adaptive cruise control, traffic jam assist, turn assist, swerve assist, and a predictive efficiency assistant.
There are also two new exterior finishes.
Prices are up by between $2600 and $5666 across the range.
The current A4 is one of the oldest vehicles in its segment, having been launched in Australia back in 2016.
It has been spied testing in next-generation Avant guise, but prototypes of a new A4 Sedan haven’t been spied – fuelling rumours it and the A5 Sportback could be merged into a single model.
Audi has sold 750 A4s to the end of October, up 78.1 per cent on the same period last year. But even with two months to go, it’s unlikely the A4 will clock 2000+ sales as it used to reliably do up until 2017.
- 2024 Audi A4 Sedan 35 TFSI S line: $68,900 (+$2600)
- 2024 Audi A4 Sedan 45 TFSI quattro S line: $79,900 (+$5089)
- 2024 Audi A4 allroad 40 TDI quattro: $81,000 (+$3000)
- 2024 Audi A4 Avant 45 TFSI quattro S line: $82,400 (+$5666)
All prices exclude on-road costs.
The 2024 Audi A4 range is offered with a choice of three engines.
The 35 TFSI sedan uses a 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine producing 110kW of power (@3900-6000rpm) and 270Nm of torque (@1350-3900rpm). It’s front-wheel drive and has a claimed 0-100km/h time of 8.9 seconds.
The 45 TFSI sedan and wagon also use a 2.0-litre turbo-petrol four, albeit with 183kW (@5000-6500rpm) and 370Nm (@1600-4500rpm), mated with an all-wheel drive system. Claimed 0-100km/h times are 5.8 and 6.0 seconds, respectively.
The 40 TDI allroad uses a 2.0-litre turbo-diesel four with 150kW (@3800-4200rpm) and 400Nm (@1750-3250rpm), good for a 7.3-second sprint to 100km/h.
All models use a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission and a 12V mild-hybrid system.
Combined cycle fuel economy for the 2024 Audi A4 range is as follows:
- 35 TFSI sedan: 6.1L/100km
- 45 TFSI sedan: 7.1L/100km
- 45 TFSI Avant: 7.3L/100km
- 40 TDI allroad: 4.9L/100km
Petrol models require 95RON premium unleaded fuel.
The 35 TFSI has a 54L fuel tank, the 45 TFSIs a 58L tank, and the 40 TDI a 61L tank.
The 2024 Audi A4 measures 4762mm long and 1847mm wide (2022mm wide including the mirrors) on a 2818mm wheelbase (2820mm in the sedan).
Height varies. The sedan is 1428mm tall, the allroad 1493mm tall, and the Avant 1435mm tall.
Luggage space is 460L in the sedan and 495L in the Avant and Allroad, expanding to 1495L in the wagon models with the second row folded.
The Audi A4 is backed by a five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty.
Servicing intervals are 12 months or 15,000km, and Audi offers a five-year servicing plan priced at $3280.
The Audi A4 had a five-star ANCAP rating from 2015, but it expired at the end of 2021. It’s now unrated.
Standard safety equipment across the A4 range includes:
- Autonomous emergency braking with pedestrian detection
- Collision avoidance assist
- Turn assist
- Adaptive cruise control with stop/go
- Traffic jam assist
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Lane-keep assist
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Safe exit warning
- Active bonnet
- Front, side, curtain airbags (8 in total)
- Driver attention monitoring
- Reversing camera with front and rear parking sensors
The 35 TFSI comes standard with the following equipment:
- 19-inch alloy wheels
- Space-saver spare
- Automatic LED headlights with cornering lights
- Automatic high-beam
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Electromechanical parking brake
- Keyless entry and start
- Power-folding, heated exterior mirrors with auto-dimming
- Power-adjustable front seats with four-way power lumbar
- Leather upholstery
- Tri-zone climate control
- Ambient lighting
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- 10.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- Audi Connect services
- DAB+ digital radio
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
- Wireless phone charger
- Eight-speaker sound system
- 2 x USB outlets (front)
- 2 x USB outlets (rear)
The 40 TDI and 45 TFSI add:
- Mirror memory
- Driver’s seat memory
- Power tailgate (Avant only)
- 10-speaker sound system
The Assistance Plus package ($1690; all models) adds:
- Head-up display
- Surround-view camera
- Semi-autonomous parking assist
The S line interior package ($2730; 45 TFSI models) adds:
- Nappa leather upholstery
- Matte brushed aluminium inlays
- Stainless steel pedals
- Black headliner
- 30-colour adjustable ambient lighting
- Perforated leather-wrapped steering wheel and shifter
- Contrasting stitching on the seats, shifter, steering wheel, armrest and floormats
- S line steering wheel
The Carbon and Black package ($3770; 45 TFSI sedan only) adds:
- Black exterior styling package
- Carbon twill inlays
- Carbon mirror caps
- Carbon spoiler
Standalone options include:
- Adaptive suspension ($1430; 45 TFSI)
- Matrix LED headlights ($1365; all models)
- Panoramic sunroof ($3020; Avant and allroad)
- Exterior black pack ($1040; excludes allroad)
- Heated front seats ($850; all models)
A 19-speaker 755W Bang & Olufsen 3D sound system is a $2600 option on the 35 TFSI and a $1950 option on all other models.
All option prices include Luxury Car Tax (LCT).
Arkona White is standard, with the following finishes an extra $1990:
- Glacier White metallic
- Mythos Black metallic
- Chronos Grey metallic
- District Green metallic
- Progressive Red metallic
- Navarra Blue metallic
- Daytona Grey pearl
Ascari Blue metallic is a $3400 option, and isn’t available on the allroad.