All 2023 Mazda CX-5 models will come standard with a 10.25-inch infotainment screen and two front USB-C outlets, with most also getting wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
We’ve contacted Mazda to confirm when the updated range will arrive in Australia, though the company has revealed running changes to its CX-5 each year towards the end of the year and then launched them locally at the beginning of the following year.
The 2023 running changes will see the Japanese brand’s newer Mazda Connect system become standard on all CX-5 models, relegating the old 8.0-inch MZD Connect touchscreen infotainment system to the bin.
In the 2022 range, only the GT SP and Akera received the 10.25-inch system.
All models bar the base Maxx feature wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, and satellite navigation.
In its 2023 brochure, however, Mazda has flagged Android Auto will be temporarily unavailable for Maxx and Maxx Sport vehicles built between November 2022 and March 2023 and will need to be activated through a software update.
Dealers will be able to apply this to vehicles from April 2023 at no extra cost.
The base six-speed manual Maxx was one of the lowest-volume CX-5s, accounting for around one per cent of CX-5 sales in the first half of 2021.
As before, only the Maxx and Maxx Sport are front-wheel drive. All-wheel drive is optional on the Maxx Sport and standard across the rest of the range.
New to the CX-5 range is Rhodium White premium metallic paint.
Pricing for the 2023 CX-5 range has yet to be announced, while specifications are otherwise unchanged.
It’ll continue to be offered with a choice of naturally-aspirated 2.0-litre or 2.5-litre four-cylinder petrol engines, plus a 2.5-litre turbo-petrol and a 2.2-litre twin-turbo diesel.
The only transmission is a six-speed automatic.
Standard equipment on the Maxx includes:
- 2.0-litre naturally aspirated four-cylinder petrol engine
- Front-wheel drive
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Automatic LED headlights
- Power-folding exterior mirrors
- Rain-sensing wipers
- 10.25-inch infotainment system
- Wired Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- DAB+ digital radio
- Two front USB-C ports
- 7.0-inch instrument cluster screen
- Head-up display
- Six-speaker sound system
- Air conditioning
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shifter
- Tilt and telescopic steering wheel adjustment
- Black cloth upholstery
- Keyless start
- Electric parking brake with auto hold
- Adaptive cruise control with stop/go
- Autonomous emergency braking (forward and reverse)
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Driver attention alert
- Lane-keep assist
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Reversing camera with rear parking sensors
- Tyre pressure monitoring
The Maxx Sport adds:
- 2.5-litre naturally aspirated four-cylinder petrol engine
- Choice of front- or all-wheel drive
- LED tail lights
- Dual-zone climate control with rear vents
- Two rear USB-A ports
- Wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- Satellite navigation
- Traffic sign recognition
- Paddle shifters
The Touring adds:
- All-wheel drive
- Auto-folding heated exterior mirrors
- Black Maztek/Black Grand Luxe synthetic suede upholstery
- Wireless phone charging
- Keyless entry
- Front parking sensors
In addition to unique green accents and grey wheels, the Touring Active receives gloss black exterior mirrors. It’s also optionally available with the 2.2-litre twin-turbo diesel.
The GT SP adds:
- Choice of naturally aspirated or turbocharged 2.5-litre four-cylinder petrol engines
- 19-inch alloy wheels
- LED daytime running lights
- Adaptive Front-lighting System
- Single-pane sunroof
- Hands-free power tailgate
- 10-way power driver’s seat with two-position memory
- Six-way power passenger seat
- Heated front seats
- Black leather upholstery with red stitching
- Bose 10-speaker sound system
- Cruising and Traffic Support
The Akera adds:
- Choice of naturally aspirated or turbocharged 2.5-litre petrol engines, plus 2.2-litre twin-turbo diesel
- Adaptive LED headlights
- Surround-view camera
- Heated steering wheel
- Ambient lighting
- Ventilated front seats
- Heated outboard rear seats
- Dark Russet nappa leather upholstery
- Real wood trim
MORE: Everything Mazda CX-5