The Hyundai brand’s second vehicle on a dedicated electric vehicle platform, the Ioniq 6, has been priced for Australia ahead of its launch this month.
The range consists of three variants, with a choice of single-motor rear-wheel drive and dual-motor all-wheel drive powertrains like the Ioniq 5 crossover with which it shares its E-GMP underpinnings.
Prices range from $74,000 before on-road costs for the Dynamiq to $88,000 before on road costs for the flagship Epiq.
It’s also the latest model in Australia to feature the brand’s Bluelink connectivity suite.
Hyundai has previously said it expects demand for the Ioniq 6 to outstrip supply, as is the case with the related Ioniq 5.
The company calls the car an “electric streamliner”, and it certainly is streamlined with a drag coefficient of just 0.21.
- 2023 Hyundai Ioniq 6 Dynamiq: $74,000
- 2023 Hyundai Ioniq 6 Techniq: $83,500
- 2023 Hyundai Ioniq 6 Epiq: $88,000
All prices exclude on-road costs.
Matte paint is an extra $1000.
The entry-level 2023 Hyundai Ioniq 6 Dynamiq is powered by a single electric motor that produces 168kW of power and 350Nm of torque. Drive is sent to the rear wheels only.
The Ioniq 6 Techniq and Epiq have a dual-motor all-wheel drive powertrain with total system outputs of 239kW and 605Nm.
All three variants use a 77.4kWh battery pack.
The rear-wheel drive Dynamiq offers 614km of range on the WLTP cycle while the Techniq and Epiq models have 519km of range.
All Ioniq 6 models use an 800V electrical architecture.
With DC fast charging, the battery can be charged from 10 to 80 per cent in 18 minutes.
With the rear seats upright the rear-wheel drive Ioniq 6 has a rear boot capacity of 401L, as well as a 45L front boot.
The all-wheel drive Ioniq 6 has the same boot, but has a smaller 14.5L under-bonnet cargo capacity.
The Ioniq 6 is backed by a five-year, unlimited-kilometre vehicle warranty plus an eight-year, 160,000km high-voltage battery warranty.
Servicing is required every 24 months or 30,000km, whichever comes first. The first two services are capped at $560 respectively for all models.
The Hyundai Ioniq 6 has a five-star safety rating from Euro NCAP. An ANCAP rating has yet to be applied.
It earned its five-star rating on back of a 98 per cent score for adult occupant protection, 87 per cent for child occupant protection, 66 per cent for vulnerable road user protection, and 90 per cent for safety assist.
Standard safety equipment across the Ioniq 6 range includes Smartsense featuring:
- Autonomous emergency braking (AEB)
- Pedestrian and cyclist detection
- Junction turning assist
- Lane-change oncoming
- Rear AEB
- Blind-spot assist
- Blind-Spot View Monitor
- Evasive steering assist
- Rear cross-traffic assist
- Adaptive cruise control with stop/go
- Leading vehicle departure alert
- Intelligent Speed Limit assist
- Lane-keep assist
- Lane Following Assist (lane centring)
- Rear occupant alert
- Safe exit assist
- Driver attention warning
- Surround-view camera with 3D mode
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Tyre pressure monitoring
The Dynamiq comes with the following standard features:
- LED tail lights
- 18-inch alloy wheels with 225/55 eco tyres
- Eco, Normal, Sport and Custom drive modes
- i-Pedal mode (one-pedal driving)
- Regenerative braking
- Acoustic laminated windscreen
- Acoustic laminated side door glass
- Solar control windscreen
- Privacy rear glass
- Power door handles – capacitive touch
- Head-up display
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
- 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Wired Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- Multi-Bluetooth connectivity
- Eight-speaker Bose premium sound system
- 10-way power driver and front passenger seats including two-way lumbar support
- Heated front seats
- 60:40 split/fold rear seat
- Adjustable ambient lighting
- Electrochromatic interior mirror
- Wireless phone charger
- Paddle shifters
- Keyless entry and start
- Remote start
- Smart Parking Assist
- Remote Smart Parking Assist
- 1 x USB-A multimedia port – front
- 1 x USB-C charging port – front
- 2 x USB-C charging ports – rear
- 1 x 12V socket – front
- Dual-zone climate control
- Tyre pressure monitoring
- Trailer pre-wiring package
- Heated and power-folding side mirrors
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Smart power tailgate
- Leather-appointed eco-processed seats
- Leather-appointed steering wheel
- Premium bio-PET carpet
- Alloy scuff plates
- Alloy pedals
- Auto up/down windows
- Rear air vents
- Cabin air filter
- PTC electric heater
- Virtual Engine Sound System (VESS)
- Portable emergency charging cable – ICCB
- Vehicle To Load (V2L) function – inside
- Vehicle To Load (V2L) function – outside
- Tyre repair kit
- Intelligent Front-lighting System (IFS) with projector-type LED headlights
- Automatic high-beam
- Automatic headlights
The Ioniq 6 will be the latest member of the local Hyundai line-up to feature Bluelink car services, which include:
- Automatic collision notification
- Emergency call (SOS) function
- Valet mode
- Voice control
- Calendar integration
- Remote surround-view camera
- Navigation – connected routing
- Vehicle status monitoring
- Over-the-air updates
The Techniq adds:
- 20-inch Alloy wheels
- 245/40 Pirelli P Zero tyres
- Premium ‘relaxation’ seats – front
- ‘Full-width’ glass sunroof
- Ventilated front seats
- Heated steering wheel
- Heated rear seats
The Epiq adds:
- Digital Side Mirrors (DSM)
- Heat pump – high-efficiency heater
- Battery conditioning system
Matte paint is a $1000 option across the range.