Pricing for the Genesis GV60 will kick off above $100,000 before on-road costs in Australia.
On the back of last week’s leak, Genesis has confirmed full price and specifications for its e-GMP twin to the Hyundai Ioniq 5 and Kia EV6. The GV60 AWD is priced at $103,700 before on-roads, with the Performance AWD to kick off at $110,700 before on-roads.
That makes it $27,000 more expensive than the range-topping Ioniq 5, and $21,000 pricier than the Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD with which it shares its underpinnings.
- 2023 Genesis GV60 AWD: $103,700
- 2023 Genesis GV60 Performance AWD: $110,700
All prices exclude on-road costs.
The base GV60 AWD features a 74kW front and 160kW rear motor, for a total combined output of 234kW. Peak combined torque is 605kW.
The GV60 Performance AWD has 180kW motors on both axles for a total output of 360kW, and a combined peak torque of 700Nm.
In its Boost Mode, which primes the motors to provide peak output for 10 seconds, the fastest GV60 hits 100km/h in 4.0 seconds from standstill.
Both models feature a 77.4kWh lithium-ion battery pack.
The GV60 AWD has a claimed range of 470km on the WLTP test cycle, while the Performance is 4km worse off with a claimed 466km range.
Both models feature the same battery, and the same 800V architecture allowing them to charge at up to 350kW when hooked up to a DC public fast charger. That means it can charge from 10 to 80 per cent charge in 18 minutes.
The GV60 also features V2L technology, which allows owners to plug appliances into the car and run them on a 3.6kW power supply. The same technology features on the EV6 and Ioniq 5.
Unlike its Hyundai and Kia siblings, however, Genesis says the GV60 is able to pre-condition its battery for more efficient fast charging at DC stations.
The Genesis GV60 hasn’t been tested by Euro NCAP or ANCAP yet. Its platform mates have both earned five-star ratings, however.
The GV60 features eight airbags, including a front-centre airbag. Standard active safety kit includes:
- Blind-spot monitor and assist
- Blind-spot view monitor
- Rear cross traffic alert and assist
- Driver-attention monitoring
- Autonomous emergency braking with pedestrian and cyclist detection
- Junction AEB (stops the car if there’s a risk of being t-boned pulling out of an intersection)
- Lane-keep assist
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Surround-view camera
- Safe-exit assist
The Genesis GV60 measures 4515mm long, 1890mm wide and 1580mm tall, with a 2900mm wheelbase.
Claimed boot space is 432 litres with the rear seats in place, and there’s 20L of extra storage for cables under the bonnet.
The GV60 is backed by a five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty. It also comes with a range of owner benefits designed to win potential buyers over to the Genesis way of life.
Five years of maintenance is free, and Genesis will collect your car when it’s time for a service. There’s also 10 years of free roadside assist, and buyers get a choice between five years of free charging with Chargefox or a free home charger and installation.
The base GV60 AWD features:
- 20-inch alloy wheels
- Automatic LED headlights
- Roof rails
- Puddle lighting with Genesis logo
- Fixed glass roof
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Nappa leather seat trim
- Copper interior accents
- Suede headliner and pillars
- Leather-trimmed dashboard, door trims, console with stitching
- Adjustable ambient lighting
- Dual-zone climate control
- V2L capability
- Digital side mirrors (cameras in place of exterior rear mirrors)
- 18-way power adjustable driver’s seat with massage
- 12-way power adjustable passenger seat
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Heated rear seats
- Fingerprint-based unlocking, keyless entry/start
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
- 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Satellite navigation
- Wired Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- 17-speaker Bang & Olufsen sound system
- Head-up display
- Wireless phone charger, 3 x USB ports
- Powered tilt/reach steering wheel
- Power tailgate with kick opening
Moving to the Performance brings:
- 21-inch alloy wheels
- Electronic limited-slip differential system on rear axle
- Camera-based adaptive suspension
- Boost mode
- Alloy interior pedals
- Metallic interior accents
- Sao Paulo Lime
- Uyuni White
- Savile Silver
- Himalayan Grey
- Vik Black
- Adriatic Blue
- Barossa Burgundy
- Mauna Red
- Hanauma Mint
- Atacama Copper
- Matte (Performance AWD only)
- Mica Matterhorn White
- Metallic Melbourne Grey
- Metallic Atacama Copper
The AWD is offered with a choice of three interior finishes:
- Obsidian Black with Copper accents
- Ash Grey and Glacier White with Copper accents
- Monstera Green and Glacier White with Copper accents
The Performance AWD is offered with a choice of three interior finishes:
- Obsidian Black with Metallic Accents
- Ash Grey and Glacier White with Metallic Accents
- Torrent Navy with Metallic Accents
MORE: Everything Genesis GV60