The quirky Mazda MX-30 crossover is unchanged for 2022, apart from a minor price rise.
All mild-hybrid versions of the MX-30 received a $200 price increase in April 2022, along with many other Mazda models.
Pricing for the all-electric E35 Astina remains unchanged.
The 2022 Mazda MX-30 range now starts at $34,190 before on-road costs for the G20e Evolve, and extends to $65,490 before on-road costs for the E35 Astina.
A Mazda Australia spokesperson said this price increase is due to supply chain constraints, as well as production costs.
With Freestyle Doors and an eco-friendly interior that nods to Mazda’s past, the MX-30 in M Hybrid form is a quirky rival to the Volkswagen T-Roc and Toyota C-HR, and in Electric form is a rival to the MG ZS EV and Nissan Leaf.
A rotary range-extender version of the MX-30 has been confirmed for Australia and could arrive as soon as late 2022.
To the end of June 2022, Mazda sold a total of 265 MX-30 models. It was outsold by the likes of the Kia Seltos (4654 sales), Toyota C-HR (4396 sales), Subaru XV (4052 sales), and Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross (3336 sales).
- 2022 Mazda MX-30 G20e Evolve: $34,190 (+$200)
- 2022 Mazda MX-30 G20e Touring: $36,690 (+$200)
- 2022 Mazda MX-30 G20e Astina: $41,190 (+$200)
- 2022 Mazda MX-30 E35 Astina: $65,490
All prices exclude on-road costs.
The 2022 Mazda MX-30 M Hybrid is powered by a 2.0-litre naturally-aspirated four-cylinder petrol engine with a 24V mild-hybrid system.
It produces 114kW of power and 200Nm of torque, and is mated to a six-speed automatic transmission.
The 2022 Mazda MX-30 Electric is powered by a single, front-mounted electric motor producing 107kW and 271Nm. It’s mated with a 35.5kWh lithium-ion battery pack.
All MX-30 models are front-wheel drive.
The 2022 Mazda MX-30 M Hybrid consumes a claimed 6.4L/100km on the combined cycle according to ADR testing.
It has a 51L fuel tank and requires a minimum of 91 RON or E10 unleaded fuel.
The 2022 Mazda MX-30 Electric has a claimed range of 224km on the combined cycle according to ADR testing and consumes a combined 18.5kWh/100km.
The maximum DC fast-charging speed is 50kW and the maximum AC charging speed is 6.6kWh.
The 2022 Mazda MX-30 measures in at 4395mm long, 1795mm wide and 1545mm tall, with a 2655mm wheelbase.
Boot space is 311L according to VDA standards with the rear seats upright.
MX-30 M Hybrid models have a maximum of 800kg of braked towing capacity, or 600kg unbraked. The MX-30 Electric on the other hand isn’t rated to tow.
The 2022 Mazda MX-30 is backed by a five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty. The MX-30 Electric also has an eight-year battery warranty.
For M Hybrid models, the first five years of servicing costs a combined $1732, and maintenance is required every 12 months or 10,000km.
For the electric E35 Astina, servicing is required every 12 months or 15,000km and the first five years cost a combined $919.
The 2022 Mazda MX-30 has a five-star ANCAP safety rating based on testing conducted by Euro NCAP in 2020.
It scored 91 per cent for adult occupant protection, 87 per cent for child occupant protection, 68 per cent for vulnerable road user protection, and 74 per cent for safety assist.
All 2022 Mazda MX-30 models have the following safety features:
- 10 airbags
- Autonomous emergency braking (AEB) with pedestrian and cyclist detection, and junction assist
- Rear cross-traffic assist
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Lane-keep assist
- Adaptive cruise control with stop/go
- Rear parking sensors
- Traffic sign recognition
- Tyre pressure monitoring
Opting for the Astina or the $1500 Vision Technology package on other models brings:
- Front cross-traffic alert
- Front parking sensors
- Cruising and Traffic Support
- Driver attention monitoring
- Surround-view camera
The 2022 Mazda MX-30 G20e Evolve comes standard with the following features:
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Automatic LED headlights
- LED tail lights
- Rain-sensing window wipers
- Auto-folding side mirrors
- 7.0-inch digital instrument cluster
- 8.8-inch infotainment screen
- Wired Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Satellite navigation
- Eight-speaker sound system
- Head-up display
- Dual-zone climate control with touchscreen controls
- Auto-dimming rear-view mirror
- Electric park brake with auto-hold
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Paddle shifters
- Leather-wrapped shifter
- Push-button start
- Black cloth upholstery
The G20e Touring adds the following:
- Keyless entry
- Two-position memory side mirrors
- Auto-dimming driver side mirror
- Pure white Maztex synthetic leather and grey cloth upholstery
- Power driver’s seat
- Illuminated vanity mirrors
Astina models add:
- Bright-finish 18-inch alloy wheels
- Adaptive LED headlights
- Front cross-traffic alert
- Front parking sensors
- 12-speaker Bose sound system
- Heated front seats
- Heated steering wheel
- Vintage brown Maztex synthetic leather and black cloth upholstery
The 2022 Mazda MX-30 is available in the following exterior paint colours, depending on the variant:
- Arctic White
- Polymetal Grey metallic (+$595)
- Ceramic metallic
- Machine Grey metallic (+$595)
- Jet Black mica
- Ceramic three-tone metallic (+$995)
- Polymetal Grey three-tone metallic (+$1590)
- Soul Red Crystal three-tone metallic (+$1590)
MORE: Everything Mazda MX-30