The redesigned 2022 Kia Sportage arrives this month, and pricing has been published on the Kia Australia website.
The range opens with the S manual at $32,445 before on-road costs, $1955 higher than its predecessor. Drive-away pricing opens at $34,690.
Comparing RRPs with the outgoing 2021 model, it’s the SX diesel that’s seen the steepest price rise at $2410. In terms of drive-away pricing, the gulf grows as wide as $3200 when comparing the flagship GT-Line diesel with its predecessor.
The company has previously released a breakdown of features across the range, which continues to offer S, SX, SX+ and GT-Line trims but has seen some significant specification changes.
LED headlights will be standard from the base level, as will a ‘basic’ all-digital instrument cluster with 4.2-inch multifunction LCD display. You can get a preview of the different displays available here.
There’s been a significant upgrade in standard safety equipment with a front-centre airbag, AEB with pedestrian and cyclist detection, blind-spot and rear cross-traffic assist, and Lane Follow Assist now standard across the range, with automatic models also picking up adaptive cruise control.
The old naturally-aspirated 2.4-litre petrol four-cylinder engine previously standard on the GT-Line has been discarded, with the Hyundai Tucson’s turbocharged 1.6-litre four-cylinder engine now optional in the SX+ and standard in the GT-Line.
While rivals like the Mitsubishi Outlander and Nissan X-Trail have dropped their diesels, the Sportage – like the related Tucson – still offers a full range of diesel models. There are also two variants with manual transmissions, an increasingly rare occurrence in the mid-sized SUV segment.
- 2022 Kia Sportage S 2.0 FWD manual: $32,445 (+$1955)
- 2022 Kia Sportage S 2.0 FWD auto: $34,445 (+$1955)
- 2022 Kia Sportage SX 2.0 FWD manual: $35,000 (+$2410)
- 2022 Kia Sportage SX 2.0 FWD auto: $37,000 (+$2410)
- 2022 Kia Sportage S 2.0D AWD auto: $39,845 (+$1955)
- 2022 Kia Sportage SX+ 2.0 FWD auto: $41,500 (+$1710)
- 2022 Kia Sportage SX 2.0D AWD auto: $42,400 (+$2410)
- 2022 Kia Sportage SX+ 1.6T AWD auto: $43,500 (new)
- 2022 Kia Sportage SX+ 2.0D AWD auto: $46,900 (+$1800)
- 2022 Kia Sportage GT-Line 1.6T AWD auto: $49,370 (new)
- 2022 Kia Sportage GT-Line 2.0D AWD auto: $52,370 (+$2380)
Prices exclude on-road costs.
Kia is currently offering nationwide drive-away pricing:
- 2022 Kia Sportage S 2.0 FWD manual: $34,690
- 2022 Kia Sportage S 2.0 FWD auto: $35,690
- 2022 Kia Sportage SX 2.0 FWD manual: $37,490
- 2022 Kia Sportage SX 2.0 FWD auto: $38,490
- 2022 Kia Sportage S 2.0D AWD auto: $42,690
- 2022 Kia Sportage SX+ 2.0 FWD auto: $44,490
- 2022 Kia Sportage SX 2.0D AWD auto: $45,490
- 2022 Kia Sportage SX+ 1.6T AWD auto: $46,990
- 2022 Kia Sportage SX+ 2.0D AWD auto: $49,990
- 2022 Kia Sportage GT-Line 1.6T AWD auto: $51,990
- 2022 Kia Sportage GT-Line 2.0D AWD auto: $54,990
If you are looking for a more accurate idea of pricing, you can build and price one of these up on the official website to determine drive away pricing. It’s also worth keeping an eye on the Kia offers page to see if there are any deals on at the moment.
All 2022 Kia Sportage models bar the top-spec GT-Line come standard with a naturally-aspirated 2.0-litre petrol four-cylinder engine with 115kW of power (+1kW) and 192Nm of torque. This powertrain is front-wheel drive only.
A six-speed manual or optional six-speed automatic are available on the S and SX, with the latter standard on the SX+.
Next is the 1.6-litre four-cylinder turbo petrol – new to the local Sportage line-up – with outputs of 132kW and 265Nm. A seven-speed dual-clutch automatic and all-wheel drive are standard with this engine.
The 1.6 T-GDi AWD drivetrain is optional on the SX+ and standard on the GT-Line flagship.
Finally, the 2.0-litre four-cylinder turbo-diesel with all-wheel drive has been updated for 2022 in line with the Hyundai Tucson, meaning outputs of 137kW (+1kW) and 416Nm (+16Nm). An eight-speed auto is standard with this engine, which is offered across all trim levels.
All powertrains have aligned with the latest ‘Smartstream’ specs available in the related Hyundai Tucson, and while Kia Australia hasn’t explicitly mentioned its new efficiency-focused engine tag, the pre-production vehicle in the images has Smartstream branding in the engine bay.
Fuel economy figures have yet to be confirmed for the 2022 Kia Sportage.
Servicing prices have yet to be released for the 2022 Kia Sportage.
All Kia models are backed by a seven-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty with seven years of capped-price servicing.
The 2022 Kia Sportage has yet to be tested by ANCAP or Euro NCAP.
All models come standard with the following safety equipment:
- AEB with pedestrian/cyclist/junction assist
- Blind-spot assist
- Rear cross-traffic assist
- Lane-keep assist
- Lane Follow Assist
- Intelligent speed limit assist
- Adaptive cruise control (excludes manual models)
- Reversing camera
- Rear parking sensors
- Front-centre airbag
You can find more details and highlights on all the safety features on the official Kia Sportage page.
Sportage S highlights:
- 17-inch alloy wheels (machine face)
- 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment
- Apple CarPlay/Android Auto (wireless)
- DAB digital radio
- Six-speed audio system
- ‘Basic’ digital instrument cluster with 4.2-inch TFT display
- LED headlights (reflector-type)
- LED daytime running lights
- Partial-LED tail lights
- Full-size spare wheel
- Leather-accented steering wheel and PVC shifter
- Electric park brake (auto models only)
- Tyre pressure monitoring
Sportage SX adds:
- 18-inch alloy wheels (machine face)
- 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Satellite navigation
- Apple CarPlay/Android Auto (wired)
- Power driver’s lumbar adjustment
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Dual-zone climate control with auto de-fog
- Auto up/down windows (front)
- Leather-wrapped shifter
- Remote-folding second-row seats
Sportage SX+ adds:
- 19-inch alloy wheels
- 8-speaker Harman Karon premium audio
- Faux leather seat trim
- Heated front seats
- LED front fog lights
- Power driver’s seat with power lumbar
- Electric tailgate
- Electrochromic rear-view mirror
- Keyless entry with push-button start
- Steering-mounted paddle shifters
- Rear privacy glass
- Front parking sensors
Sportage GT-Line adds:
- 19-inch alloy wheels (machine face)
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
- Leather seats with suede upper
- Driver’s seat with memory function
- Power passenger seat adjustment
- Heated/ventilated front seats
- Bi-LED headlights (projector type)
- Full-LED tail lights
- Shift-by-wire gear selector (dial type)
- Wireless phone charger
- Ambient interior lighting
- LED interior lighting
- Panoramic sunroof
- Alloy sports pedals
- Blind Spot View Monitor
- Parking Collision Avoidance (reverse)
- Remote Smart Park Assist (diesel only)
- Surround-view cameras with 3D view
Clear White is standard, with all premium finishes a $520 option.
- Clear White
- Steel Grey
- Gravity Grey
- Fusion Black
- Vesta Blue
- Dawning Red
- Snow White Pearl**
- Jungle Wood Green**
**SX+ and GT-Line only
MORE: Everything Kia Sportage