The Jaguar XE family has lost a member for the 2022 model year.
With the mid-range R-Dynamic SE axed, the XE line-up now consists only of the R-Dynamic Black and R-Dynamic HSE.
The R-Dynamic Black is now $3975 pricier for 2022, while the R-Dynamic HSE is up $3479.
The range now opens at $68,679 before on-road costs for the R-Dynamic Black, and extends to $75,870 before on-road costs for the R-Dynamic HSE.
The price rises correspond with a few specification changes to the XE.
Metallic paint is now standard across the entire range. It was previously included in the R-Dynamic Black but cost $1400 on the R-Dynamic HSE.
Other spec changes include a standard sliding panoramic roof and privacy glass for the R-Dynamic Black, and standard matrix LED headlights for the R-Dynamic HSE.
There are, however, some features that have been removed from the XE range, including the surround-view camera and the 5.5-inch Touch Pro Duo touchscreen.
Both of these features are now optional extras costing $1000 and $600, respectively.
Jaguar has indicated a number of features and option packages are unavailable due to the global semiconductor shortage.
“We are communicating directly with any affected customers and our retailers where there is any change of specification,” said a Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) spokesperson.
JLR says you should consult your local Jaguar dealer to confirm what is and isn’t available.
Features that may temporarily be missing include the surround-view camera, ClearSight digital rearview mirror, and the 12-inch digital instrument cluster.
In the case the digital instrument cluster isn’t available, it’ll be replaced with analogue dials with a central seven-inch TFT display.
There’s also the Technology Pack, that includes the ClearSight digital rear-view mirror, 5.5-inch Touch Pro Duo touchscreen, wireless phone charger and head-up display, which may not be available.
- 2022 Jaguar XE R-Dynamic Black: $68,679 (+$3975)
- 2022 Jaguar XE R-Dynamic HSE: $75,870 (+$3479)
All prices exclude on-road costs.
Powering the entire 2022 Jaguar XE range is a 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder ‘P300’ petrol engine producing 221kW of power and 400Nm of torque.
This is mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission that sends power through an all-wheel drive system.
The 2022 Jaguar XE range has a claimed combined fuel economy figure of 6.9L/100km. It has a 61.7L fuel tank and requires a minimum of 95RON premium unleaded petrol.
The 2022 Jaguar XE measures in at 4678mm long, 1967mm wide and 1410mm tall, with a 2835mm wheelbase.
With the second row of seats upright the XE has a boot capacity of 394L. As standard, the second row doesn’t fold, but you can option 40:20:40 folding rear seats.
The 2022 Jaguar XE, just like the rest of the Jaguar range, is covered by a five-year/unlimited kilometre warranty.
There’s also 12 months of roadside assistance that’s renewed each time you service at a Jaguar dealer. It can be renewed for eight years.
Jaguar offers a five-year service plan for the XE which costs $1950 and covers a maximum of 102,000km.
The 2022 Jaguar XE has a five-star ANCAP safety rating, based on testing conducted by EuroNCAP in 2015.
It scored 92 per cent for adult occupant protection, 82 per cent for child occupant protection, 81 per cent for pedestrian protection, and 82 per cent for safety assist.
All 2022 Jaguar XE models come standard with the following safety equipment:
- Front, front-side and curtain airbags
- Autonomous emergency braking (vehicle and pedestrian detection)
- Blind-spot assist
- Lane-keep assist
- Lane-departure warning
- Traffic sign recognition
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Adaptive cruise control
- Reversing camera
- Front and rear parking sensors
The 2022 Jaguar XE R-Dynamic Black comes with the following standard equipment:
- Exterior black pack (grille surround, fender vents, window surrounds, side sills and side mirror caps)
- Boot lid spoiler
- Sliding panoramic roof (NEW)
- Red-painted brake calipers
- 19-inch Style 5031 gloss black alloy wheels
- Privacy glass (NEW)
- 12-inch digital instrument cluster*
- 10-inch Pivi Pro touchscreen infotainment system
- Wired Apple CarPlay
- Wired Android Auto
- 13-speaker Meridian sound system
- Online Pack with unlimited data
- Dual-zone climate control
- Premium LED headlights with auto high-beam
- Dynamic indicators
- LED tail lights
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Keyless entry and start
- ‘Configurable Dynamics’ drive modes
- Heated, electric and power-folding side mirrors with puddle lamps
- Auto-dimming driver side mirror
- 12-way electric front seats with two-way manual headrests
- Perforated leather upholstery
- Gloss black trim finish
- Light Oyster Morzine headliner
An ‘*’ indicates a feature that may be unavailable due to the global semiconductor shortage.
The R-Dynamic HSE removes the exterior black pack, boot lid spoiler, sliding panoramic sunroof, and red-painted brake calipers, but adds the following:
- 19-inch ‘Style 1050’ gloss dark grey diamond-turned alloy wheels
- 12-way electric front seats with memory and two-way manual headrests
- Matrix LED headlights (NEW)
- Side mirror memory
- Gloss grey figured ebony veneer trim finish
- Power-adjustable steering column
- Perforated Windsor leather upholstery
There are a number of optional extras that can also be bundled together into option packages.
The Dynamic Handling Pack (R-Dynamic HSE, $2090) adds:
- ‘Configurable Dynamics’ drive modes
- Adaptive dampers
- Red-painted brake calipers
- Bootlid spoiler
The Cold Climate Pack ($1010) adds:
- Heated windscreen
- Headlight washers
- Heated steering wheel
The Convenience Pack (R-Dynamic Black, $1770; R-Dynamic HSE, $750) adds:
- Power tailgate
- Power-adjustable steering column (R-Dynamic Black only)
- Electric rear window sun-blind
- Additional 12V sockets in rear and boot
- Activity key
The Technology Pack* (R-Dynamic Black, $2680; R-Dynamic HSE, $1710) adds:
- Digital rear-view mirror
- 5.5-inch ‘Touch Pro Duo’ secondary touchscreen
- Wireless phone charger
- Head-up display
Jaguar Land Rover has indicated the Technology Pack may not be available due to the global semiconductor shortage. It recommends to consult your Jaguar dealer to confirm.
The 2022 Jaguar XE is available in the following paint colours:
- Fuji White (R-Dynamic HSE only)
- Caldera Red (R-Dynamic HSE only)
- Santorini Black
- Firenze Red
- Bluefire Blue
- Eiger Grey
- Portofino Blue (R-Dynamic HSE only)
- Hakuba Silver (R-Dynamic HSE only)
- Carpathian Grey (R-Dynamic HSE only)
- Silicon Silver (R-Dynamic HSE only)
Premium metallic paints, including Carpathian Grey and Silicon Silver, cost an additional $1300.
MORE: Everything Jaguar XE