Audi has detailed the price and specification for its performance SQ7 and SQ8 SUV models as they officially switch over from V8 TDI diesel to V8 TFSI petrol power.
Pricing starts from $164,400 before on-road costs for the SQ7 TFSI, and the SQ8 TFSI starts at $169,600 before on-road costs. This is a price rise of $2023 and $3223 from each respective V8 turbo-diesel model.
The petrol models have 373kW of power and 770Nm of torque from their 4.0-litre twin-turbo V8 petrol engine, compared to 320kW and 900Nm in the outgoing diesel.
The TFSI models accelerate from 0-100km/h 0.7 seconds faster than the outgoing diesels –claiming a 4.1-second time.
Drive is sent to a quattro all-wheel drive system via an eight-speed ‘tiptronic’ torque-converter automatic transmission. Cylinder-on-demand technology and idle start-stop feature as well.
This pair are twins under-the-skin, but appeal to different buyers. In short, the SQ7 has a seven seats and the SQ8 has five seats.
- 2022 Audi SQ7 TFSI – $164,400
- 2022 Audi SQ8 TFSI – $169,600
All price exclude on-road costs.
The 2022 Audi SQ7 and SQ8 are both powered 4.0-litre twin-turbocharged V8 petrol engine producing 373kW of power and 770Nm of torque.
It’s mated to an eight-speed ‘tiptronic’ torque-converter automatic transmission with drive sent through a quattro all-wheel drive system.
Audi claims both the SQ7 and SQ8 can do the 0-100km/h sprint in 4.1 seconds.
The 2022 Audi SQ7 has a claimed combined fuel economy figure of 12.1L/100km, while the 2022 Audi SQ8 has a claimed combined fuel economy figure of 12.0L/100km.
Both models have an idle start-stop system, as well as a cylinder-on-demand technology that can force the V8 TFSI engines to run on four-cylinders under low engine load.
The 2022 Audi SQ7 measures in at 5067mm long, 1970mm wide and 1743mm tall, with a 2996mm wheelbase.
The 2022 Audi SQ8 on the other hand measures 5006mm long, 1995mm wide and 1708mm tall, with an identical 2996mm wheelbase.
Both models have a maximum braked towing capacity of 3500kg, with a 350kg maximum tow ball weight.
The 2022 Audi SQ7 and SQ8, like every new Australian Audi vehicle delivered from January 1, 2022, is covered by a five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty. Audi also provides a 12-year manufacturer warranty for the bodywork corrosion.
There’s a five-year service plan package available for both models which is priced at $4100.
The 2022 Audi SQ7 wears a five-star ANCAP safety rating based on testing of the regular Q7 in 2019.
The Q7 scored 92 per cent in adult occupant protection, 87 per cent in child occupant protection, 71 per cent in vulnerable road user protection, and 71 per cent in safety assist.
The regular Audi Q8 also wears a five-star ANCAP safety rating based on testing conducted in 2019, but this rating excludes the SQ8.
The 2022 Audi SQ7 and SQ8 have the following standard safety equipment:
- Front, front side, side and curtain airbags
- Front autonomous emergency braking (AEB) with vehicle and pedestrian detection
- Rear AEB
- Adaptive cruise control with stop & go and traffic jam assist
- Lane-keeping assist
- Blind-spot assist
- Rear-cross traffic assist
- Surround-view camera
- Tyre pressure monitor
- Seat belt reminders for all seats
The 2022 Audi SQ7 TFSI and SQ8 TFSI come with the following standard equipment:
- 22-inch alloy wheels
- S front and rear bumpers, grille, side sills and rear tailgate spoiler
- Red brake calipers
- Aluminium-look side mirrors
- Matrix LED headlights with dynamic indicators
- Matrix LED with laser headlights and dynamic indicators (SQ7 only)
- Rain-sensing window wipers
- Panoramic sunroof
- Privacy glass
- Heated and folding side mirrors
- Power-assisted door closure
- Roof rails (SQ7 only)
- All-wheel steering
- Adaptive air suspension
- Valcona leather upholstery with diamond patterned contrasting stitching
- Heated and electrically adjustable S sport front seats with four-way lumbar
- Driver seat memory (SQ8 only)
- Interior ambient lighting
- Aluminium dash inlay
- 10.1-inch MMI touchscreen infotainment system
- 8.6-inch secondary touchscreen
- 12.3-inch Virtual Cockpit digital instrument cluster
- Satellite navigation
- Wired and wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- DAB+ digital radio
- 17-speaker Bang & Olufsen sound system
- Head-up display
- Four-zone climate control
- Heated steering wheel
The Dynamic Package adds the following:
- Quattro sport differential
- Active roll stabilisaton
The Sensory Package adds the following:
- 23-speaker Bang & Olufsen premium sound system
- Black Alcantara headliner
- Ventilated front seats with a massage function
- Heated outboard rear seats (SQ7 only)
- Heated front and rear seats (SQ8 only)
- Leather centre console, door armrests, dashboard and door rails
- Electric sunshades for rear side windows (SQ8 only)
- Manual sunshade for rear window (SQ8 only)
- Air ioniser
- Two perfume scents
The 2022 Audi SQ7 and SQ8 are available in the following exterior paint colours:
- Carrara white
- Glacier white metallic
- Florett silver metallic
- Mythos black metallic
- Galaxy blue metallic (SQ8 only)
- Navarra blue metallic
- Dragon orange metallic (SQ8 only)
- Matador red metallic (SQ7 only)
- Daytona grey pearl
All paint colours are free of charge.