The Audi e-tron S and e-tron S Sportback electric performance SUVs are launching early in 2022, priced from $165,600 and $172,700 respectively before on-road costs.
Key to the e-tron S models is the tri-motor electric drive system, encompassing a single e-motor on the front axle and two electric motors at the rear.
System outputs are rated at 370kW and 973Nm in boost mode (320kW/808Nm in standard setting), and 0-100km/h takes 4.5 seconds in said boost mode (5.1 seconds in standard setting).
Audi says the e-quattro all-wheel drive system allows the two rear electric motors to shuffle torque as required to each wheel via a single-speed transmission. Also standard are progressive steering and S-tuned adaptive air suspension.
The electric drivetrain is hooked up to a 95kWh (net) lithium-ion battery pack (86kWh usable), with driving range quoted at 413km for the e-tron S and 418km for the slipperier e-tron S Sportback on the more lenient NEDC cycle.
Charging can be done by the supplied 11kW AC home charging kit, or DC fast charging at up to 150kW. Using the latter, the e-tron S and e-tron S Sportback can restore 80-per cent charge in just 30 minutes, or a full charge in 45 minutes.
Meanwhile, the 11kW AC home charger can charge the e-tron S from empty to full in 8.5 hours. The supplied home charger kit is installed by JETCharge.
All e-tron vehicles come with a complementary six-year subscription to the Chargefox network, with access to all ultra-rapid and selected fast and standard chargers.
Servicing and roadside assistance is covered for all e-tron models for the first six years of ownership, while the battery is covered by an eight-year, 160,000-kilometre warranty. Audi’s new vehicle warranty remains three years and unlimited kilometres.
- 21-inch Audi Sport alloy wheels
- Aluminium exterior mirrors
- Orange brake calipers with S logo
- Panoramic glass sunroof
- Rear privacy glass
- Four-zone climate control
- Multi-colour LED ambient lighting
- Heated front seats
- Electric front seat adjustment with driver memory
- Valcona leather upholstery
- S sport front seats with contrast diamond stitching
- Sport leather steering wheel with heating
- Electric steering column adjustment
- Audi virtual cockpit with S-specific displays
- Audi connect plus
- 10.1-inch MMI navigation plus
- Wireless Apple CarPlay/Android Auto
- Wireless phone charging
- 8.6-inch haptic display for vehicle functions
- 705W 16-speaker Bang & Olufsen 3D audio system
- Sensory package
- Digital Matrix LED headlights
- Front/rear dynamic indicators
- Door-mounted LED projector lights with e-tron logo
- Power-assisted soft-close doors
- Heated rear outboard seats
- Air quality package (ionisation and fragrancing)
- Extended leather upholstery (upper dash, lower interior elements)
- Manual sunshades for rear windows
- 2022 Audi e-tron S: $165,600
- 2022 Audi e-tron S Sportback: $172,700
- Sensory package: $9600
- 22-inch Audi Sport alloy wheels: $1600
- Virtual exterior mirrors: $3500
- High-gloss black exterior styling package: $1600
- Roof rails in black or aluminium (Sportback): $900
All prices exclude on-road costs
MORE: Everything Audi e-tron