The new Ram 1500 is about to land in Australian showrooms, but the older DS model isn’t going away just yet.
Three models of the DS 1500 will carry on alongside the newer DT in Australia, with pricing kicking off at $79,950 before on-road costs.
Power in the 1500 still comes from a naturally-aspirated V8 engine, mated exclusively with an eight-speed automatic transmission and switchable four-wheel drive.
- 2021 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab: $79,950
- 2021 Ram 1500 Express Crew Cab: $89,950
- 2021 Ram 1500 Express Crew Cab RamBox: $94,450
- 2021 Ram 1500 Warlock Crew Cab RamBox: $108,950
All prices exclude on-road costs.
Power in the Ram 1500 comes from a 5.7-litre naturally-aspirated petrol V8.
It makes 291kW of power and 556Nm of torque, sent to the road through an eight-speed torque converter automatic.
A switchable four-wheel drive system with low-range is standard across the range.
Claimed fuel economy in the Ram 1500 DS is 12.2L/100km on the combined cycle.
The Express has a 121L fuel tank, while the Warlock has a 98L fuel tank.
Both the DS 1500 Express models measure 5833mm long, while the Warlock is 5850mm long.
All models are 2465mm wide and have a 3569mm wheelbase.
The Express Quad Cab is 1924mm tall, the Crew Cab is 1917mm tall, and the Warlock is 1950mm tall.
The Quad Cab has a tray measuring 6ft 4in long, Crew Cab models sacrifice some load space in favour of rear legroom. They have a 5ft 7in tray instead.
Maximum un-braked towing capacity is 750kg, maximum braked towing capacity is 4500kg.
The Express Quad Cab has a payload of 845kg, compared to 830kg for the Express Crew Cab and 820kg for the Warlock.
The Ram 1500 has a three-year, 100,000km warranty with three years or 100,000km of roadside assist.
Servicing is required every 12 months or 12,000km.
The Ram 1500 hasn’t been crash tested by ANCAP.
Standard safety equipment includes:
- Front, front-side and curtain airbags
- Reversing camera with front and rear parking sensors
Standard on the Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab is:
- 5.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- 20-inch painted silver alloy wheels
- Cloth seat trim
- Two USB-A ports
- 3.5-inch monochrome trip computer
- Carpet flooring, floor mats
- Cruise control
- Tyre-pressure monitoring
- Automatic halogen headlights
Moving to the Ram 1500 Express Crew Cab brings:
- 8.4-inch touchscreen infotainment system with navigation, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Black badging
- Sports bonnet
- 20-inch painted black alloy wheels
- Charcoal cloth seat trim
- 7.0-inch trip computer
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
The Ram 1500 Express with RamBoxes adds the lockable RamBox storage system on the outside of the tray, and a tri-fold soft tonneau cover for the tray.
The Ram 1500 Warlock adds:
- Power-folding, auto-dimming exterior mirrors
- RamBox storage
- 20-inch gloss black alloy wheels
- One-inch lift kit
- Ram Rebel fender flares
- Black, powder coated bumpers
- Partial leather seat trim
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Rear sliding cab window
- Auto-dimming interior mirror