The Nissan Patrol enters 2021 unchanged, offering a feature-packed but petrol-only alternative to the indomitable Toyota LandCruiser 200 Series.
UPDATE, 1/2/2021: Nissan has increased prices of the Patrol range by $1150 for the Ti and $575 for the Ti-L, citing the cost of doing business. There are no specification changes.
Though it doesn’t offer a diesel engine like the LandCruiser – a more popular powertrain for this type of car – it offers a tantalisingly lower price. To get an equivalent level of equipment to the flagship Ti-L, you’re looking at a LandCruiser Sahara with a price over $30,000 higher.
The Patrol is priced from $78,910 before on-road costs in Australia for the Ti to $93,365 list for the Ti-L.
- 2021 Nissan Patrol Ti: $78,910
- 2021 Nissan Patrol Ti-L: $93,365
All prices exclude on-road costs.
The 2021 Nissan Patrol uses a naturally-aspirated 5.6-litre V8 engine producing 298kW of power and 560Nm of torque, mated to a seven-speed automatic transmission.
All Patrol models are four-wheel drive.
The 2021 Nissan Patrol uses 14.4L/100km on the combined cycle and requires 95RON premium unleaded fuel.
It has a 140L fuel tank.
The 2021 Nissan Patrol measures 5175mm long and 1995mm wide, with a 3075mm wheelbase. The Ti is 1940mm tall while the Ti-L is 1955mm tall.
Its maximum braked towing capacity is 3500kg while unbraked towing capacity is 750kg, with a maximum towball download of 350kg.
Ground clearance is 273mm, while its departure angle is 26.3 degrees and its approach angle is 34.4 degrees in the Ti and 28.0 degrees in the Ti-L.
The 2021 Nissan Patrol is covered by a five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty.
Nissan offers a capped-price servicing program, with services for the Patrol required every six months or 10,000km. We’ve contacted Nissan to confirm 2021 service prices.
The current generation of Nissan Patrol doesn’t have a rating from ANCAP.
All 2021 Nissan Patrol models come standard with the following safety features:
- Autonomous emergency braking with forward collision warning
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Lane-departure warning
- Lane-keeping assist
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Front and front-side airbags
- Curtain airbags for all three rows
The Patrol Ti comes standard with the following equipment:
- 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with satellite navigation
- Eight seats
- Six-speaker sound system
- Adaptive cruise control
- Surround-view camera
- Reversing camera with front and rear parking sensors
- Keyless entry and start
- Tri-zone climate control
- Leather upholstery
- Eight-way power driver’s seat
- Six-way power passenger’s seat
- Tyre-pressure monitoring
- Automatic headlights
- LED headlights and front fog lights
- Heated, power-folding exterior mirrors
- Hill descent control
- Rear differential lock
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shifter
The Ti-L adds:
- Seven-seat layout
- 13-speaker Bose sound system
- Heated and cooled front seats
- Second-row entertainment system with dual 8.0-inch screens, headphones and remote control
- Digital rear-view mirror
- Power tailgate
- Puddle lights
- Driver’s seat memory
- Power tilt-and-telescoping steering column
- Centre console cooler
- Roof rails