Genesis’ most important model to date will arrive in Australia in July 2021.
The 2021 Genesis GV70 gives the brand its first rival to the likes of the Audi Q5, BMW X3, and Mercedes-Benz GLC.
Genesis will offer the GV70 range with three powertrains: a turbocharged 2.5-litre four-cylinder petrol, a 2.2-litre turbo-diesel four-cylinder, and a turbocharged 3.5-litre V6 petrol.
The smaller petrol will offer a choice of rear- or all-wheel drive, while the other two engines are available exclusively with all-wheel drive.
As with the larger G80 and GV80, there’s a limited range of options. Most are bundled into the Luxury package, which costs $11,000 on all four-cylinder models and $6600 on the top-spec 3.5T Sport AWD.
A Sport Line package is optional across all four-cylinder variants and standard on the 3.5T Sport AWD and costs $4500.
You can combine the Sport Line and Luxury packages for $13,000, saving $2500 in the process.
The GV70 is offered with a choice of 11 exterior colours – eight gloss and three matte – plus eight interior colourways and four different interior trim inserts.
Matte paint is a $2000 option.
- 2021 Genesis GV70 2.5T: $66,400
- 2021 Genesis GV70 2.5T AWD: $68,800
- 2021 Genesis GV70 2.2D AWD: $71,800
- 2021 Genesis GV70 3.5T AWD Sport: $83,400
All prices exclude on-road costs.
The 2021 Genesis GV70’s standard turbocharged 2.5-litre four-cylinder engine produces 224kW of power and 422Nm of torque and is available with either rear- or all-wheel drive.
The 2.2-litre turbo-diesel four-cylinder engine produces 154kW of power and 440Nm of torque, while the turbocharged 3.5-litre V6 petrol produces 279kW and 530Nm.
All GV70 models use an eight-speed torque-converter automatic transmission.
Fuel economy figures aren’t yet available for the 2021 Genesis GV70.
All models have a 66L fuel tank.
The 2021 Genesis GV70 measures 4715mm long, 1910mm wide and 1630mm tall, with a 2875mm wheelbase.
All GV70 models have 542L of cargo space, increasing to 1678L with the rear seats folded.
All models have a space-saver spare wheel except for the diesel, which has a tyre mobility kit.
Braked towing capacity is 2200kg across the range.
The 2021 Genesis GV70 has a five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty.
It also has free scheduled servicing for the first five years or 75,000km.
Genesis also offers the GV70 with five years of free 24/7 roadside assistance and valet service, where Genesis Concierge Service will pick up your GV70 when it’s due for scheduled servicing and leave you with a Genesis courtesy vehicle provided you’re within 70km of a Genesis retail location.
The GV70 has yet to be tested by ANCAP or Euro NCAP.
Update: ANCAP has since awarded the GV70 five stars, aside from the unrated V6.
Standard safety equipment includes:
- Autonomous emergency braking with pedestrian and cyclist detection
- Junction and lane-change oncoming/side assist
- Blind-spot assist
- Blind-spot view monitor
- Lane-keeping assist
- Lane-following assist
- Rear cross-traffic assist
- Intelligent speed limit assist
- Evasive steering assist
- Safe exit assist
- Adaptive cruise control with stop/go
- Driver attention monitoring
- Surround-view camera
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Eight airbags (front, front-side, curtain and front-centre)
- Active bonnet
All 2021 Genesis GV70 models come standard with the following equipment:
- 14.5-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Wired Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- Satellite navigation with augmented reality
- DAB+ digital radio
- Nine-speaker sound system
- Qi wireless phone charging
- Dual-zone climate control with second-row temperature control
- Automatic high-beam
- LED headlights
- Panoramic sunroof
- Colour-adjustable ambient lighting
- Leather upholstery
- Leather-appointed dashboard, centre console and door trims
- 12-way power front seats with memory
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Power-adjustable steering column
- Reclining rear seats
- Remote start
- Hands-free power tailgate
- Manual rear door sunshades
- Acoustic laminated windshield and front door glass
- Fingerprint authentication system
- Puddle lights with Genesis logo
- 19-inch alloy wheels
The Sport Line package adds:
- Sport brake package
- Larger dual exhaust outlets
- Sport+ drive mode
- Sport Line exterior package with gloss black grille, front skid plate and roof grilles plus dark chrome trim
- Nappa leather and suede upholstery
- Suede headliner and pillars
- Sport steering wheel
- Aluminium pedals
- Aluminium trim
- Sport gauges for oil temperature, torque and turbo boost
- 19-inch Sport Line alloy wheels
The 3.5T AWD Sport adds the features of the Sport Line package plus:
- 21-inch alloy wheels
- Limited-slip differential
- Road-Preview adaptive suspension
The Luxury Package adds:
- Forward attention warning
- Rear autonomous emergency braking
- Adaptive LED headlights
- Nappa leather upholstery
- Rear privacy glass
- 21-inch alloy wheels
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster with 3D function
- Head-up display
- 16-speaker Lexicon by Harman sound system
- Remote Smart Parking Assist
- 18-way power driver’s seat with massaging
- Heated steering wheel
- Heated rear seats
- Three-zone climate control