The Ford Puma enters its first full year in Australia with pricing unchanged from 2020.
The entry level Puma FWD starts at $29,990 before on-road costs while the top of the range ST-Line V is priced at $35,540 before on-roads.
- 2021 Ford Puma FWD: $29,990
- 2021 Ford Puma ST-Line: $32,340
- 2021 Ford Puma ST-Line V: $35,540
All prices exclude on-road costs.
All versions of the 2021 Ford Puma sold in Australia are powered by a 1.0-litre turbocharged three-cylinder petrol engine which makes 92kW of power and 170Nm of torque.
Drive is sent to the front wheels via a seven-speed dual clutch automatic transmission.
Unfortunately, the hottest Puma of the lot, the ST, won’t be coming to Australia.
The 2021 Ford Puma uses 5.3L/100km on the combined cycle and has a 42L fuel tank.
The Puma’s EcoBoost engine includes fuel-saving cylinder deactivation, meaning it can shut off one cylinder under low engine load to save fuel.
All models also feature automatic stop/start.
The standard 2021 Ford Puma measures 4186mm long, 1805mm wide and 1550mm tall.
ST-Line and ST-Line V models are slightly longer at 4207mm due to a sportier body kit.
The standard Puma has 166mm of ground clearance whereas the ST-Line and ST-Line V have 164mm of clearance due to their lowered sports suspension.
The 2021 Ford Puma is covered by a five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty.
For the first four years/60,000kms, Ford offers scheduled maintenance capped at $299 per visit.
Servicing is required every 12 months or 15,000km, whichever comes first.
The Ford Puma has a five-star safety rating from ANCAP based on testing conducted in 2019.
The car scored 94 per cent for adult occupant protection, 86 per cent for child occupant protection, 77 per cent for vulnerable road user protection and 74 per cent for safety assist.
All models come standard with the following safety features:
- Autonomous emergency braking with pedestrian detection
- Lane-departure warning
- Lane-keeping assist
- Driver attention monitoring
- Traffic sign recognition
- Front, front-side and curtain airbags
- Automatic high-beam
- Reversing camera with rear parking sensors
Adaptive cruise control, blind-spot monitoring, front parking sensors and lane-centring assist are available in an option package.
The Puma FWD comes standard with the following features:
- 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Wired Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Satellite navigation
- DAB+ digital radio
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Automatic LED headlights with LED daytime running lights
- Front fog and cornering lights
- LED tail lights
- FordPass Connect with embedded modem and FordPass app compatibility (online functions and services)
- Keyless start
- Carbon-look cabin trim inserts
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Wireless phone charging
- Two USB outlets and three 12V outlets
- Seven-speaker sound system
- Cruise control
- Tyre pressure monitoring
Stepping up to the sporty Puma ST-Line adds:
- 17-inch machined alloy wheels
- ST-Line matte black grille and body kit
- Sports suspension
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
- Flat-bottom leather steering wheel with paddle shifters
- Race Red top-stitching (dash, door trim, gear selector, steering wheel, seat trim)
- ST-Line sports seats
- Metallic ST-Line pedals
Sitting atop the line-up is the ST-Line V which brings:
- 18-inch 10-spoke alloys
- Adaptive LED headlights
- Chrome exterior highlights (grille, fog-light surrounds, window surrounds, rear bumper accents)
- Rear privacy glass
- Smart keyless entry
- ‘Windsor’ quilted leather-accented seat trim
- Metal Grey top-stitching
- Automatic climate control
- B&O Play 10-speaker audio with subwoofer
- Hands-free power tailgate
One main option package is available across the range, called the Park Pack ($1500). This adds:
- Adaptive cruise control with stop/go
- Lane-centring assist
- Semi-autonomous parking assist
- Blind-spot monitoring
The following standalone options are also available for all models:
- Panoramic sunroof: $2000
- Black roof rails: $250
- Black painted roof: $500
- Power tailgate (Puma, ST-Line): $750
- Prestige paint: $650