BMW Australia has confirmed details for a strictly-limited run of First Edition X5 M and X6 M Competition models, with just four units of each bound for our market.
They’re available to order online via the BMW Shop ahead of deliveries in the first quarter of 2021.
UPDATE, 15/12/20 – BMW has revealed additional details, including pricing, for the two models so we’ve updated the article and pulled it forward.
The X5 M Competition First Edition is priced at $264,900 drive-away while the X6 M Competition First Edition is priced at $273,900 drive-away.
The limited-run SUVs are called First Editions despite the standard Competition versions of both performance SUVs having been on sale for months.
Just four First Edition X5 M Competition and four First Edition X6 M Competition vehicles will be available locally from the 500-strong global production run (250 units each).
To reserve one, you’ll need to provide a $5000 deposit.
Specification highlights include:
- BMW Individual Frozen Dark Silver matte paint or BMW Individual Frozen Marina Bay Blue matte paint
- 21-inch front and 22-inch rear M light-alloy wheels in star-spoke design with Jet Black high-gloss finish (exclusive)
- Body elements in carbon-fibre – side mirrors (both), rear spoiler (X6 M Competition)
- M Carbon engine compartment cover
- BMW Individual Merino full leather trim in exclusive bi-colour Silverstone/Midnight Blue with Black Alcantara inserts and Sakhir Orange stitching
- BMW Individual Alcantara headliner in Midnight Blue
- Carbon-fibre cabin ornamentation
- ‘First Edition 1/250’ lettering
- Model badge on cup holder cover
- Panoramic glass roof
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Heated rear seats
- BMW Drive Recorder
- Rear side window sun blinds
BMW claims a 0-100km/h sprint time of just 3.8 seconds.
Stay tuned to CarExpert for all the latest.