The 2020 Toyota RAV4 is available in 11 different variants with pricing ranging from $32,695 before on-road costs for the GX to $48,915 before on-roads for the 2.5-litre Edge AWD.
Along with its tougher new look, the latest RAV4 packs more interior technology than its predecessor, along with an expanded suite of driver assists. Hybrid power is now available for a small premium over the regular petrol model, and has been more popular than even Toyota expected.
The RAV4 was the best-selling car in Australia in July 2020, and currently dominates the mid-sized SUV segment.
Update, 24/08/2020 4:10pm – Toyota has today updated pricing for the RAV4, and tweaked the car’s standard equipment levels. We have updated our coverage to reflect the new prices and equipment changes.
- 2020 Toyota RAV4 GX manual: $32,695
- 2020 Toyota RAV4 GX CVT: $34,695
- 2020 Toyota RAV4 GX hybrid: $37,070
- 2020 Toyota RAV4 GXL CVT: $37,415
- 2020 Toyota RAV4 GX AWD hybrid: $40,070
- 2020 Toyota RAV4 GXL hybrid: $39,915
- 2020 Toyota RAV4 Cruiser CVT: $40,915
- 2020 Toyota RAV4 GXL AWD hybrid: $42,915
- 2020 Toyota RAV4 Cruiser hybrid: $43,415
- 2020 Toyota RAV4 Cruiser AWD hybrid: $46,415
- 2020 Toyota RAV4 Edge AWD: $48,915
All prices exclude on-road costs
The 2020 Toyota RAV4 range has two petrol options: a 2.0-litre four-cylinder pumping out 127kW and 203Nm, and a 2.5-litre engine with 152kW and 243Nm.
The 2.0-litre is available with a six-speed manual or continuously variable transmission (CVT) while the 2.5-litre is only fitted with an eight-speed automatic.
There are two hybrid variants: a front-wheel drive model with a total power output of 160kW, and an all-wheel drive (AWD) version with 163kW.
Both hybrid models use a 2.5-litre four-cylinder petrol engine in conjunction with their electric motors.
The hybrid all-wheel drive system features an electric motor on the rear axle, essentially allowing for on-demand traction down back without damaging fuel economy.
The 2.0-litre 2020 Toyota RAV4 manual uses 6.8L/100km on the ADR combined city and highway cycle, while the CVT is rated at 6.5L/100km.
Fuel economy in the front-drive RAV4 Hybrid is just 4.7L/100km on the combined cycle, while the all-wheel drive hybrid drinks at a rate of 4.8L/100km.
The 2020 Toyota RAV4 measures 4615mm long, 1690mm tall and 1865mm wide, with a 2690mm wheelbase.
The kerb weight of the 2.0-litre petrol RAV4 ranges from 1515kg for the base manual to 1550kg for the CVT.
The 2.5-litre model tips the scales at 1705kg, while the base front-wheel drive Hybrid is 1650kg and the base AWD Hybrid is 1705kg.
The Toyota RAV4’s boot space measures 580L with the rear seats up.
The 2020 Toyota RAV4 has an ANCAP rating of five stars, with scores of 93 per cent in adult occupant protection, 89 per cent in child occupant protection, 85 per cent in vulnerable road user protection, and 83 per cent in safety assist.
All variants offer standard autonomous emergency braking with pedestrian/cyclist detection, blind-spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert, trailer sway control, reversing camera, lane departure warning, road sign recognition, and seven airbags.
The 2020 Toyota RAV4 GX comes with the following standard features:
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Space saver spare tyre
- Heated mirrors with power folding
- 60/40 split-fold rear seats and centre arm rest
- Dual-zone climate control (hybrid)
- Rain sensing wipers
- 4.2-inch multi-information display
- 8.0-inch infotainment system
- Satellite navigation
- Five USB ports
- Premium steering wheel
- Front/rear carpet mats
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Lane departure warning
- Autonomous emergency braking with pedestrian/cyclist detection
- Road sign recognition
- Automatic high beam
- Adaptive cruise control
- Lane trace assist (automatic models)
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Trailer sway control
- Reversing camera with fixed guide lines
- Front and rear parking sensors
Moving to the RAV4 GXL brings:
- 18-inch silver alloy wheels
- Oval tailpipes
- ‘Premium’ grille and bumper combo
- Front mud flaps
- Roof rails
- Leatherette steering wheel and gear shifter
- Self-dimming rear view mirror
- Dual-zone climate control
- Keyless entry and push-button start
- Additional USB ports front and back
- Wireless smartphone charging
- Reversing camera with active guide lines
The RAV4 Cruiser offers:
- 19-inch alloy wheels
- 18-inch black wheels (hybrid)
- Auto power-folding mirrors
- Powered sunroof
- Leather accented interior
- Heated front seats
- Powered driver’s seat
- Ambient cabin lighting
- Powered tailgate
- 7.0-inch multi-information display
- Nine-speaker JBL sound system
- Surround-view camera
The range-topping RAV4 Edge gains:
- Unique bumper, grille and wheel arch protector designs
- Unique cloth seat trim
- Off-road mode selector dial
- Hill-descent control
The 2020 Toyota RAV4 needs maintenance every 12 months or 15,000km, whichever comes first.
Capped price servicing means the first five services cost $215 each.