The 2020 Toyota Kluger is available in six variants with pricing ranging from $44,850 before on-road costs for the front-wheel drive GX to $68,888 before on-roads for the all-wheel drive Grande.
The current Kluger is the third generation of the nameplate, and represents almost 13 percent of sales in the large SUV segment. A new model is coming this year, although its exact arrival date hasn’t been confirmed.
Although behind the rugged LandCruiser Prado (17.4 per cent), the Kluger holds a larger share of its market than similarly-sized crossovers such as the Mazda CX-9 (6.8 per cent) and Hyundai Santa Fe (6.5 per cent).
- 2020 Toyota Kluger GX FWD: $44,850
- 2020 Toyota Kluger GX AWD: $48,850
- 2020 Toyota Kluger GXL FWD: $54,950
- 2020 Toyota Kluger GXL AWD: $58,950
- 2020 Toyota Kluger Grande FWD: $65,519
- 2020 Toyota Kluger Grande AWD: $68,888
All prices exclude on-road costs
The Toyota Kluger range is only available with a 3.5-litre V6 making 218kW and 350Nm, and an eight-speed automatic transmission with either front- or all-wheel drive.
The front-drive 2020 Toyota Kluger uses between 9.1L/100km and 9.3L/100km on the ADR combined cycle – depending on trim level.
The all-wheel driver Kluger is rated at 9.5L/100km.
The Kluger measures 4890mm long, 1730mm tall and 1925mm wide, and has a 2790mm wheelbase.
The kerb weight of the front-wheel drive Kluger ranges from 1980kg to 2025kg, while all-wheel drive versions go from 2045kg to 2100kg.
The 2020 Kluger’s luggage space is listed at 529L with the third row folded and the second row in place.
The Kluger has an ANCAP safety rating of five stars.
All variants feature autonomous emergency braking with pedestrian detection, blind-spot monitoring, lane departure warning, rear parking sensors, and a reversing camera.
Top-spec models also feature a surround view camera system and front parking sensors.
The base Kluger GX comes with the following standard features:
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Seven seats (60/40 split second, throw row)
- Daytime running lights
- Fog lights
- Privacy glass
- Front and rear mud flaps
- 12V power sockets front and rear
- Adaptive cruise control
- Automatic high beam
- Air conditioning
- Multi-information display
- Hill start assist
- Hill-descent control
- Autonomous emergency braking with pedestrian detection
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Lane departure warning
- Rear parking sensors
- Reversing camera
- Luggage hooks
- 6.1-inch touchscreen infotainment screen
- Six-speaker audio system
Moving up to the Kluger GXL you gain:
- Power tailgate with a glass hatch
- Roof rails
- 12-way electric driver’s seat adjustment
- Heated front seats
- Leather-accented interior
- Leatherette steering wheel
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Three-zone climate control
- Keyless entry and push button start
- Reversing camera with dynamic guide lines
- 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Satellite navigation
- DAB+ digital radio
The Kluger Grande also has:
- 19-inch alloy wheels
- Second row sunshades
- Tilt and slide moonroof
- Powered passenger seat
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Self-dimming rear-view mirror
- Front parking sensors
- Surround view camera system
- 9.0-inch rear seat entertainment system
The 2020 Toyota Kluger requires maintenance every six months or 10,000km, whichever comes first.
Pricing is capped at $200 per visit for the first five years under Toyota’s capped-price service program.