The 2020 Toyota Camry is available in nine variants with pricing ranging from $27,690 before on-road costs for the Ascent petrol to $43,990 before on-roads for the SL V6.
The current Camry is the eighth generation of the nameplate. It dominates medium car sales under $60,000, accounting for almost 70 percent of sales in its segment.
- 2020 Toyota Camry Ascent petrol: $27,690
- 2020 Toyota Camry Ascent hybrid: $29,990
- 2020 Toyota Camry Ascent Sport petrol: $29,990
- 2020 Toyota Camry Ascent Sport hybrid: $31,990
- 2020 Toyota Camry SX petrol: $33,290
- 2020 Toyota Camry SX V6: $37,390
- 2020 Toyota Camry SL petrol: $39,990
- 2020 Toyota Camry SL hybrid: $40,990
- 2020 Toyota Camry SL V6: $43,990
All prices exclude on-road costs
The 2020 Toyota Camry is available with a 2.5-litre four-cylinder petrol engine with 133kW and 231Nm in the base Ascent, while other trim levels use a more powerful 135kW version.
A CVT transmission with six pre-programmed steps is standard with this engine.
Those desiring more performance can opt for the 3.5-litre V6, which makes 225kW and 362Nm, and comes with an eight-speed automatic.
The strong-selling Camry Hybrid has a total of 160kW and 221Nm from 2.5-litre four-cylinder and two electric motor generators.
The front wheels are driven by an e-CVT.
The base Camry Ascent uses 7.8L/100km on the combined cycle, while the slightly more powerful engine used in the Ascent Sport, SX, and SL drinks 8.3L/100km.
The Camry V6 is rated at between 8.7 and 8.9L/100km, while the Camry Hybrid needs only between 4.2 and 4.5L/100km depending on the trim.
The Camry measures 4885mm long, 1445mm tall and 1840mm wide, and has a 2825mm wheelbase.
Equipped with a 2.5-litre engine the 2020 Camry weighs between 1495kg and 1560kg. The Camry V6 tips the scales between 1630kg and 1640kg, and the Camry Hybrid weighs 1635kg.
Boot space is listed at 524L when fitted with a temporary spare wheel and tyre combo. The base Camry Ascent petrol uses a full-size spare, reducing boot space to 493L.
The 2020 Toyota Camry has an ANCAP rating of five stars.
All models feature autonomous emergency braking with pedestrian and cyclist detection, lane departure warning, adaptive cruise control, reversing camera, and automatic high beam.
Higher-end models gain blind-spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert, and front and rear parking sensors.
The 2020 Toyota Camry Ascent comes with the following standard features:
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Full-sized spare wheel
- Electric park brake
- Electric mirrors with built-in indicators
- Power lumbar adjustment for the driver’s seat
- 60/40 split-fold rear seats with centre arm rest
- 4.2-inch multi-information display
- 7.0-inch touchscreen
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- Lane departure warning
- Autonomous emergency braking with pedestrian detection
- Automatic high beam
- Adaptive cruise control
- Reversing camera with active guide lines
Moving to the Camry Ascent Sport brings:
- Dual exhaust tips
- Rear diffuser (non-hybrid)
- Matte sports grille
- Leatherette steering wheel
- Stainless steel sill plates
- Eight-way power adjustable driver’s seat
- 7.0-inch multi-information display
- 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with satellite navigation
- Keyless entry and start
- Parking sensors
The Camry SX gains:
- 19-inch alloy wheels
- Sport suspension
- Sports grille
- Rear boot-lip spoiler
- Leather-accented seats
- Wireless smartphone charging
- Extra USB charging ports
The range-topping Camry SL also has:
- Powered steering wheel adjustment
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Regular suspension setup
- Sunroof (panoramic in petrol models)
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Leather-accented seats
- Ventilated front seats
- 8-way power adjustable front passenger’s seat
- Self-dimming rear view mirror
- Blind spot monitoring
The 2020 Toyota Camry requires maintenance every 12 months or 15,000km. The first five services have their price capped at $200 each.