The 2020 Lexus RX is available with three different powertrains and three different trim levels, with prices ranging from $71,920 before on-road costs for the base, front-wheel drive RX300 Luxury to $111,070 before on-road costs for the RX450hL Sports Luxury AWD.
The RX was Lexus’s first crossover and is now in its fourth generation. A stretched model, the RX L, joined the range in 2018, finally giving Lexus a crossover with three rows of seating.
- 2020 Lexus RX300 Luxury FWD: $71,920
- 2020 Lexus RX350 Luxury AWD: $81,890
- 2020 Lexus RX350L Luxury AWD: $85,000
- 2020 Lexus RX300 F Sport FWD: $86,800
- 2020 Lexus RX450h Luxury AWD: $91,090
- 2020 Lexus RX300 Sports Luxury FWD: $92,700
- 2020 Lexus RX350 F Sport AWD: $93,970
- 2020 Lexus RX450hL Luxury AWD: $94,470
- 2020 Lexus RX350 Sports Luxury AWD: $99,870
- 2020 Lexus RX350L Sports Luxury AWD: $101,600
- 2020 Lexus RX450h F Sport AWD: $103,440
- 2020 Lexus RX450h Sports Luxury: $109,340
- 2020 Lexus RX450hL Sports Luxury: $111,070
All prices exclude on-road costs
The 2020 Lexus RX300 uses a turbocharged 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine, producing 175kW and 350Nm. It’s mated to a six-speed automatic transmission and is available only with front-wheel drive.
The 2020 Lexus RX350 and RX350L use a naturally-aspirated 3.5-litre V6 engine mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission. In the RX350, the V6 produces 221kW and 370Nm, while in the RX350L it produces 216kW and 358Nm. Both models are available only with all-wheel drive.
The 2020 Lexus RX450h and RX450hL use a naturally-aspirated 3.5-litre V6 engine mated to an electric motor, a nickel-metal hydride battery and an electronic continuously-variable transmission. Total output is 230kW and 335Nm and only all-wheel drive is available.
The 2020 Lexus RX300 consumes 8.1L/100km on the combined and highway cycle.
The 2020 Lexus RX350 and RX350L consume 9.6L/100km and 10.2L/100km, respectively, on the combined cycle.
The 2020 Lexus RX450h and RX450hL are the most fuel efficient and consume 5.7L/100km and 6.0L/100km, respectively, on the combined cycle.
All 2020 Lexus RX models require 95RON premium unleaded fuel.
The 2020 Lexus RX300, RX350 and RX450h measure 4890mm long, 1690mm tall (1685mm in the RX450h) and 1895mm wide.
The 2020 Lexus RX350L and RX450hL measure 5000mm long, 1700mm tall and 1895mm wide.
With all seats up, total luggage capacity in the Lexus RX is 453L in the RX300, RX350 and RX450h. This increases to 924L with the second row folded.
In the Lexus RX350L and RX450hL, total luggage capacity is 176L. This increases to 652L with the third row folded.
When the Lexus RX was tested by ANCAP in 2015, it received a rating of five stars.
The RX received an adult occupant protection score of 83 per cent, child occupant protection score of 82 per cent, vulnerable road user protection score of 79 per cent and a safety assist score of 74 per cent.
All 2020 Lexus RX models come standard with autonomous emergency braking with forward-collision warning and pedestrian and cyclist detection, as well as lane-trace assist, traffic sign detection, blind-spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert and anti-lock brakes.
There are also 10 airbags in total. This includes front airbags and a front passenger’s seat cushion airbag, as well as side and curtain airbags for the first and second row of seating.
The Lexus RX300 Luxury comes standard with the following features:
- 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- Satellite navigation
- Reversing camera with front and rear parking sensors
- 10-way power front seats
- Proximity entry with push-button start
- DAB digital radio
- LED headlights and daytime running lights
- 12-speaker sound system
- Dual-zone climate control
- Rain-sensing wipers
- 18-inch alloy wheels
Optional on the RX300 Luxury is an Enhancement Pack which adds:
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- 20-inch alloy wheels
- Panoramic sunroof
These features are standard on all RX Luxury models, except for the panoramic sunroof which remains an option. A head-up display is also optional on the RX450h Luxury.
The F Sport trim level adds over the Luxury:
- Head-up display
- Adaptive suspension
- Adaptive high beam
- LED cornering lights
- 15-speaker Mark Levinson premium sound system
- Panoramic sunroof
- 8.0-inch instrument cluster display
- Sequential LED indicators
The Sports Luxury trim level loses the F Sport’s unique instrument display but adds the following standard features:
- 14-way power front seats with memory
- Heated second-row outboard seats
All 2020 Lexus RX models require servicing every 12 months or 15,000km, whichever comes first.
Lexus offers three years of capped price servicing for the RX. Each service costs $595.