The 2020 Lexus LS is available in four separate models with prices ranging from $190,395 before on-road costs for the LS500 F Sport to $196,375 before on-road costs for the LS500h Sports Luxury.
The LS was the very first Lexus. The current, fifth generation model was introduced in 2018 with radically different styling. It’s also the first generation of Lexus LS without a V8 engine.
- 2020 Lexus LS500 F Sport: $190,395
- 2020 Lexus LS500h F Sport: $191,000
- 2020 Lexus LS500 Sports Luxury: $195,795
- 2020 Lexus LS500h Sports Luxury: $196,375
Prices exclude on-road costs
The 2020 Lexus LS500 uses a twin-turbocharged 3.5-litre V6 engine producing 310kW and 600Nm, mated to a 10-speed automatic transmission.
The 2020 Lexus LS500h uses a naturally-aspirated 3.5-litre V6 engine producing 220kW and 348Nm, mated to a lithium-ion battery and a 10-speed automatic transmission. Total system output is 264kW.
The 2020 Lexus LS500 consumes 9.5L/100km on the combined cycle, while the 2020 Lexus LS500h consumes 6.6L/100km.
Both engines require 98RON premium unleaded fuel.
The 2020 Lexus LS measures 5235mm long, 1450mm tall and 1900mm wide.
The Lexus LS500’s total luggage space is 440L while the LS500h’s total luggage space is 480L.
The Lexus LS range has yet to be tested by ANCAP.
All 2020 Lexus LS models come standard with autonomous emergency braking with forward-collision warning and daylight pedestrian and cyclist detection, as well as blind-spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert, lane-tracing assist, lane-departure warning, traffic sign detection, anti-lock brakes, and ten airbags.
The LS500 Sports Luxury and LS500h Sports Luxury add front cross-traffic alert and two rear seat cushion airbags.
The Lexus LS500 F Sport and LS500h F Sport come with the following standard features:
- Adaptive suspension
- Height-adjustable front and rear air suspension
- High-performance brake package
- Dynamic rear steering
- Active stabiliser bar (LS500 F Sport only)
- LED daytime running lights and LED headlights with washers
- Soft-close doors
- Rain-sensing wipers
- 20-inch alloy wheels
- 12.3-inch infotainment system
- Android Auto, Apple CarPlay
- Satellite navigation
- 28-way power front seats with memory
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Heated rear outboard seats
- Head-up display
- 23-speaker Mark Levinson premium sound system
- Proximity entry with push-button start
- Electric parking brake
- Electric rear sunshade
- Dual-zone climate control
- Adaptive cruise control
- Reversing camera
- Parking sensors
- Adaptive high beam
- 360-degree camera
The Lexus LS500 Sports Luxury and LS500h Sports Luxury drop the high-performance brakes, dynamic rear steering and active stabiliser bar but add the following standard features:
- 8.0-inch digital instrument cluster
- Quad-zone climate control
- 22-way power reclining outboard rear seats with memory, massage, heating and ventilation
- Front cross-traffic alert
- Dual 11.6-inch rear seat entertainment screens
All 2020 Lexus LS models require servicing every 12 months or 15,000km, whichever comes first.
Lexus offers three years of capped price servicing for the LS. Each service costs $595.