Audi’s flagship sports sedan, the S8, has always been the quintessential sleeper. Now there’s a new one to sate your desire for a muscular, full-sized luxury sedan.
The latest S-fettled version of the A8 luxury limo packs twin-turbocharged V8 power and 48V mild-hybrid technology and is priced at $260,000 before on-road costs.
Although its engine is smaller than that of the wild, Lamborghini V10-powered second-generation model, this is the most powerful S8 yet.
- 2020 Audi S8: $260,000
Price excludes on-road costs.
The 2020 Audi S8 is powered by a 4.0-litre twin-turbocharged V8 engine producing 420kW of power and 800Nm of torque. It sends power to all four wheels through an eight-speed automatic transmission and Audi’s quattro all-wheel drive system and is mated to a 48V mild-hybrid system.
Audi quotes a 0-100km/h time of 3.8 seconds.
The 2020 Audi S8 consumes 10.5L/100km on the combined cycle.
The 2020 Audi S8 measures 5179mm long, 1474mm tall, and 1945mm wide (2130mm wide including the exterior mirrors).
The A8 and S8 range has yet to be tested by ANCAP.
The S8 is loaded with safety equipment however, including autonomous emergency braking with forward-collision warning, plus blind-spot monitoring, lane-keeping assist, rear cross-traffic alert, an active bonnet, driver attention monitoring, exit warning, intersection crossing assist, turn assist, and front, side and curtain airbags and a front centre airbag.
The S8 comes standard with the following equipment:
- 10.1-inch infotainment system with Android Auto, wireless Apple CarPlay, satellite navigation and DAB+ digital radio
- 8.6-inch colour climate display
- 12.3-inch virtual cockpit digital instrument cluster
- 17-speaker Bang & Olufsen premium sound system
- 21-inch alloy wheels
- Dynamic all-wheel steering
- Adaptive air suspension
- Head-up display
- Heated, ventilated, power-adjustable and massaging front seats
- Valcona leather upholstery
- Alcantara headliner
- Four-zone climate control
- Adaptive cruise control with Stop&Go and traffic jam assist
- Matrix LED headlights with adaptive high-beam
- 360-degree camera
- Panoramic sunroof
- Power bootlid
- Power-assisted door closure
- Qi wireless phone charging
- Colour-adjustable ambient lighting
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel with paddle shifters
- Power rear sunblinds
- Automatic headlights
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Tyre-pressure monitoring
Optional is the Sensory Package, which adds:
- Nappa leather-wrapped lower dashboard, door trims and backrests
- Heated, ventilated, power-adjustable and massaging outboard rear seats with memory
- 23-speaker Bang & Olufsen 1820-watt premium sound system
Other options included ceramic brakes and a black exterior styling package.
Audi offers a three-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty. There’s also a comprehensive five-year service plan package priced at $3990.