Wagon lovers rejoice! The ‘rugged’ new-generation Audi A6 allroad has finally arrived in Australia, serving as the only wagon variant available in Australia until the hi-po RS6 arrives.
As with the previous version, the A6 allroad is only available in one specification level loaded with equipment.
2020 Audi A6 allroad pricing
- A6 allroad quattro 45 TDI – $109,900
Price excludes on-road costs
The new Audi A6 allroad quattro is exclusively powered in Australia by a 3.0-litre ‘TDI’ six-cylinder turbo-diesel, developing 183kW of power and 600Nm of torque in ’45 TDI’ tune.
Drive is sent to a ‘quattro’ all-wheel drive system via an eight-speed automatic transmission.
Audi claims the A6 allroad quattro 45 TDI can sprint from 0-100km/h in 6.5 seconds, while using as little as 6.6L/100km on the combined cycle.
The Audi A6 allroad quattro measures 4951mm long, 2110mm wide and 1497mm tall, with a 2933mm wheelbase.
Luggage capacity it rated at 565 litres with the second row of seats up, expanding to 1680 litres with them folded.
Audi also rates the A6 allroad with a maximum towing capacity of 2.5 tonnes.
The Audi A6 allroad carries over the A6 sedan’s 2018-stamped five-star ANCAP safety rating, based on tests conducted by sister firm Euro NCAP.
All versions of the A6 in Australia and New Zealand wear a five-star safety rating, bar the upcoming RS6 performance wagon.
The Audi A6 score 93 per cent for adult occupant protection, 85 per cent for child occupant protection, 81 per cent for vulnerable road user protection and 78 per cent for safety assist.
The 2020 Audi A6 allroad quattro 45 TDI features the following equipment as standard:
- Matrix LED headlights and dynamic LED tail-lights
- 20-inch Audi Sport alloy wheels
- Electric tailgate with gesture control
- Illuminated door sill trims with aluminium inlays
- ‘Allroad’ LED puddle lamp projectors
- Adaptive air suspension (max ground clearance 184mm)
- MMI Touch navigation with 10.1-inch and 8.6-inch touchscreens
- Apple CarPlay (wireless) and Android Auto
- 12.3-inch Audi virtual cockpit digital instrument cluster
- Wireless smartphone charing
- USB outlets x 4
- Three-spoke leather steering wheel with shift paddles
- Front ‘Sport’ seats with heating
- Valcona leather upholstery with contrast stitching and ‘allroad’ embossing
- Stainless steel pedals and footrest
- Framless auto-dimming rear-view mirror
- Extended upholstery package (dashboard, door rails, centre console, door armrests
- Tri-zone climate control
- Adaptive cruise assist with Stop&Go and traffic assist
- 360-degree camera system with kerb view function
- Blind-spot assist with rear cross-traffic assist
- Autonomous emergency braking (low- and high-speed) with turn assist and intersection assist
- Exit warning
- Active bonnet
- Head-up display
- Illuminated seatbelt buckles
- Loose wheel detection
The Audi A6 allroad quattro can also be optioned with the Premium plus package ($8900) which adds the following content:
- Choice of two 21-inch alloy wheel designs
- Rear privacy glass
- HD Matric LED headlights
- Electric steering column adjustment
- Panoramic glass sunroof
- Bang & Olufsen 3D sound system
- Four-zone climate control
- LED colour interior lighting package
Audi offers the A6 allroad quattro with a choice of two service packages, spanning three or five years.
The three-year package is priced at $2170, while the five-year plan is priced at $3300.