Ram has increased prices across its range of pickup trucks, most being slugged with a $6000 hike.
A spokesperson for distributor Ateco said prices are up due to increased component and labour costs, along with increased shipping and supply chain costs. A familiar story.
Ateco says there are no “significant” spec changes but “we continue to be impacted in the short-term by the global chip shortage with our driver support package”.
Ram’s pickup trucks are imported to Australia in left-hand drive and remanufactured to right-hand drive by Walkinshaw in Melbourne.
While the base-model Quad Cab variant of the older DS-series Ram 1500 Express variant is no longer available according to the Ram website, Ateco says it still exists to order.
This version is now priced at $82,950 before on-roads, meaning you can no longer get a Ram for under $80,000 before on-roads.
Unlike fellow Stellantis brand Jeep, Rams are distributed locally by Ateco. However, both brands’ Australian operations have posted similar price increases.
Jeep has increased prices across most of its models for 2022, with the Wrangler copping a price hike of between $6600 and $7000.
The brand also cited increases in material costs, as well as ongoing supply chain issues.
The Ram 1500 nameplate is applied to both the redesigned DT series, available in upscale Laramie and Limited trim levels, and the previous-generation DS series, available in base Express and sporty-looking Warlock variants. All use a 5.7-litre petrol V8.
Stellantis is continuing to produce the older DS series as a more affordable counterpart to the new, more tech-rich DT series.
The Ram range battles the Chevrolet Silverado, also remanufactured in right-hand drive by Walkinshaw and available in petrol V8-powered 1500 and turbo-diesel V8 HD guises.
Ram 1500 DS-series
- 2022 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab: $82,950 (+$3000)
- 2022 Ram 1500 Express Crew Cab: $95,950 (+$6000)
- 2022 Ram 1500 Express Crew Cab with RamBox: $100,450 (+$6000)
- 2022 Ram 1500 Warlock Crew Cab with RamBox: $111,950 (+$3000)
Ram 1500 DT-series
- 2022 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab: $123,900 (+$4000)
- 2022 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab with RamBox: $128,850 (+$4000)
- 2022 Ram 1500 Limited Crew Cab with RamBox: $148,950 (+$6000)
- 2022 Ram 2500 Laramie Crew Cab: $163,950 (+$6000)
- 2022 Ram 2500 Laramie Crew Cab with RamBox: $168,900 (+$6000)
- 2022 Ram 3500 Laramie Crew Cab: $168,950 (+$6000)
All prices exclude on-road costs.