Bugatti has put on its party hat.

    It’s been six years since the French carmaker started production of its W16-powered Chiron hypercar, and it’s now celebrating the 400th example rolling out of its atelier in Molsheim.

    The 400th Bugatti Chiron is a high-performance Super Sport variant with a bare carbon fibre body that has been tinted dark green.

    On the inside the customer opted for a full leather upholstery with green and beluga black on the seats, and black on the rest of the interior.

    There’s also a bare carbon fibre steering wheel, black anodised interior trim parts, and an optional Sky View roof.

    It took 20 “craftspeople” around two months to hand-build this Chiron Super Sport from around 1800 separate components.

    At the heart of the Bugatti Chiron Super Sport is the company’s iconic 8.0-litre quad-turbo W16 engine which produces 1176kW of power.

    Mated to a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission, the Chiron Super Sport is claimed to do the 0-300km/h sprint in 12.1 seconds, and the top speed is 440km/h.

    Only 100 more examples of the Chiron will be produced, and after that there will be 40 track-only Bolide specials and 99 open-top Mistral models to commemorate the end of W16 production.

    As reported earlier in October, a hybrid successor to the W16 is reportedly earmarked to launch in 2027, and is expected to cost more than €5 million ($A7.7 million).

    Bugatti fans will reportedly have to wait until after 2030 for the company to launch its first all-electric vehicle, according to Autocar.

    Bugatti ceased being a wholly-owned entity of the Volkswagen Group in November 2021, with ownership passed to a joint venture company called Bugatti Rimac.

    Rimac Group has a 55 per cent stake in the joint venture, with Porsche owning the other 45 per cent.

    For now, Bugatti and Rimac will continue to operate separately, retaining their existing production facilities and distribution channels.

    Although the brands will be kept separate, future vehicles will share technology.

    Click an image to view the full gallery.

    MORE: Bugatti Chiron Super Sport unveiled
    MORE: Bugatti W16 Mistral roadster bids adieu to 8.0-litre engine
    MORE: Bugatti Bolide confirmed for production
    MORE: Bugatti begins new chapter under Rimac control

    Jack Quick

    Jack Quick is an automotive journalist based in Melbourne. Jack studied journalism and photography at Deakin University in Burwood, and previously represented the university in dance nationally. In his spare time, he loves to pump Charli XCX and play a bit of Grand Theft Auto. He’s also the proud owner of a blue, manual 2020 Suzuki Jimny.

    Buy and Lease
    Uncover exclusive deals and discounts with a VIP referral to Australia's best dealers
    Uncover exclusive deals and discounts with a VIP referral to Australia's best dealers